X

으르렁 Beauty and the Wolf

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ah, a splendid day yet again. Minjee took down some notes her professors had said. Of course, it's a thing a student like her does, and most of all, being one of the top notchers of the class, she can't let her grades just fall like that! It's like the only thing she can keep on grasp. It's the only one thing she has to cover that sad reality on how weak she is with social things and stuff.

"Excuse me." a fair voice called out, making Minjee look up right after the professor had left. It was a black hair girl, smiling brightly at her. "Hi." she smiled.

"Oh... hello." Minjee smiled back, putting down her pen. "May I help you?"

"Ah, yes. You dropped this." she said and offered to her a black pen. "Here you go."

"Oh! My pen. Thanks, I've been looking for this lately." she smiled. "What's your name?"

"Choi Jinri." she smiled back sweetly. "You can call me Sulli though!"

"Sulli. That's a rather nice and unique nickname." Minjee giggled. "I'm-"

"Kang Minjee. A '93 liner, yes? You must be my eonni then!" Sulli giggled. "I knew you since I started studying here. I must say I am quite a fan of you!"

"Fan? Of me? That's quite nonsense." Minjee laughed. "And wait, eonni? Why? How old are you?"

"I'm a year younger than you. Me and my friend here got excelled when we were in our second year of Highschool." Sulli sweetly smiled as she pointed to someone sitting on the corner of the classroom. "See that girl? She's one of my friends, Jung Soojung or Krystal as we call her."

"Ah, her. She's one of the quiet ones." Minjee nodded. "And one of the most emotionless ones too."

"Exactly. But hey, she's still okay to be with. She's extremely loving once you get to know her."

"Ah, I see! Well, don't judge a book by their covers, I might see." Minjee nodded.

"So, yeah. Minjee-eonni, care to join us later at lunch?" Sulli invited.

"Sure! Why not?" she smiled and nodded. "But, can my friends come along too? I wouldn't want to leave them off like that." she said, frowning slightly.

"Oh, why on earth not? Bring them along! The more, the merrier!" she giggled. Soon enough, the next professor came and Sulli waved happily to Minjee. "Well, talk to you later~" she hummed and dashed back to her seat, just beside Krystal. Minjee secretly smiled on how a classmate of her befriended her. Oh, how happy was she!  "Oh, and eonni!" Sulli called out as she walked back to Minjee. "Yes?"

A rose. It was a red, red rose on Sulli's hand, soon, it was on Minjee's desk, laying quietly. "Here. It's a mark of our starting friendship!" Sulli giggled and walked back to her seat. Minjee blinked and giggled secretly as she held the rose on her hands. A start of a new friendship, it echoed in her mind. It was wonderful.

This doesn't happen everyday. Minjee giggled as she grabbed her pen and flipped her notebook open yet again. She was just so happy yet she has to put that happiness aside first as she concentrates on her studying yet again.

 

 

 

Ring!

"Minjee-eonni!" Sulli waved as Minjee came out of the classroom. Beside her was another lady, body clad in a pretty pink top with white jeans as her bottoms. Her brownish-black hair was kept tidy with a white headband and she had her fair-toned arms crossed on her chest. "Over here!"

"Oh, hey there." Minjee smiled as she averted her eyes on Krystal. "You're Krystal, correct?"

"Sure am. Minjee, right?"

"Krystal! It's Minjee-eonni, show some respect, will you?" Sulli scolded, just to earn an emotionless face from the other female. Minjee simply giggled softly as she sensed two familiar presence coming their way. "Oh, there they are." Minjee smiled as she saw her beloved youngsters.

"Noona!" Kai and Sehun called out in joy as they saw their beloved noona. Despite this, their smiles slowly disappeared when they saw her with two unfamiliar yet fearsome girls. "Noona, who're they?" Sehun shyly asked as he hid behind Minjee.

"Don't be shy, they're my classmates. This one's Choi Jinri or Sulli and she's Jung Soojung or Krystal. They're just the same ages as you!" Minjee giggled.

"Hey, are they your brothers or something? They seem pretty touchy with you." Krystal stated as she pointed at the males. "Them? Oh, no, no. They're just my friends I consider as brothers. He's Oh Sehun and Kim Jongin or Kai." Minjee introduced.

"Sehun and Kai, eh?" Krystal smirked secretly. "Cool names."

"Nice meeting you, Sulli. Krystal." Kai emotionlessly said as he cooly stood beside Minjee and pulled her close to him, which Minjee was rather shocked about. "Let's have lunch now, shall we?" Sulli smiled and gestured them to follow. Minjee nodded, but when she took a step forward, she felt Sehun pull her back. "What's the matter, Sehun?" Minjee asked.

"I don't feel good with them. Can't we just have lunch with just the three of us, noona?" Sehun frowned, worry carved all over himself. "They freak me out."

"Don't be rude. They're nice ones. Besides, I've already agreed to go along with them." Minjee sighed and linked her arms around the two males. "Come on, they'll be okay, trust me!"

"Be sure with that, Minjee-noona." Kai whispered secretely, his face unnaturally emotionless.

"Eh? Did you say anything, Kai?" Minjee blinked while tilting her head a bit to the right. "No. I didn't." Kai replied, shaking his head slowly as if he was worried grealty inside. Totally oblivious to their worries, Minjee was busy chatting with her new friends, but also sure that she never leaves the two boys out. It would be quite rude to do so, right?

"So, Krystal here was born in America?" Minjee gasped in surprise and interest.

"Yup. Her English's perfect!" Sulli nodded as she nudged Krystal slightly, which the other simply brushed off. "So, how about you boys? Any interesting stories you've got?" she asked as she turned around to see Sehun and Kai.

"Not really." the two answered, not even bothering to look at the girls, which made Minjee get a bit ticked off. "Hey, don't be rude to them." Minjee sighed.

"We aren't. We're just not interested with lassies." Kai cooly answered. Minjee wanted to scold them but due to not wanting to embarrass her friends, simply kept quiet and nodded. She simply brushed that thought off and continued talking to her newly met friends. Sehun and Kai? Quiet. They didn't want to be around those girls in the first place. Something was fishy and neither of them liked it. The way Krystal smirked at them earlier gave them something to be worried. The way Sulli was unnaturally happy was something off too.

"Kai." Sehun worriedly called out as he tugged Kai's sleeve, making the reddish-brown haired guy turn around and look at the silver headed boy. "I don't feel right." he whispered.

"Neither of us does." Kai sighed and took a last glimpse at the girls. This time, something he saw within Krystal's eyes made him jolt up and tremble slightly. He felt some weird aura...

... and he didn't like it. "Let's just ignore 'em, okay? Until Minjee-noona is done." Kai said, smiling lightly. "We can't leave her this easy, remember?"

"But-"

"Just a bit more, Sehun. Just a bit more." Kai smiled and ruffled the other male's hair, making Sehun smile faintly. They had no choice but to stick up into some situations Minjee get for the sake of guarding her. These girls creeps them out, true, but with that as a factor, they still have to stick up with her. No matter how fear strikes them. If it were to mean Minjee's happiness, they can make a sacrifice.

They have to, and are willing to...

 

 

 

"Sehun! Kai!" Minjee called out as she noticed Sehun and Kai coming her way. "Shall we go home now?" Minjee suggested as she showed them a smile, which made the two smile and nod like kids. Grabbing her bag strap tightly, the three headed home, walking off the school grounds with small chats starting. Smiles weren't easily vanishing. Sehun, as always, kept on linking his arm around Minjee's arm and showed his oh-so innocent and childish expressions.

But one thing was off. Where was Tao? She knew that this pale-yellow headed guy makes sure that he gets to walk her home every school day. "Hyung must've overslept again." Kai laughed, as if he read Minjee's mind. "Or maybe he's running errands from D.O-hyung or Lay-hyung."

"Or he went off to buy another Gucci bag with Kris-hyung." Sehun laughed. "Ah, that Gucci-maniac!"

"Gucci? He likes Gucci bags?" Minjee giggled as she brushed her hair back to her ear. "That's just... adorable!"

"I know, right?" Sehun laughed.

"Hey, back to the real topic, what's gotten into you guys lately?" Minjee asked, raising an eyebrow at the two. "You acted quite weird lately around Sulli and Krystal, and to highlight, very rude! When someone asks, you should answer. Plus, they were trying to be friendly to you two, yet you simply shrugged that off."

"Noona, they scared us." Sehun pouted cutely.

"But still-!"

"Noona, speaking frankly, they were just... they felt different." Kai said seriously. Minjee was mentally shocked. Never had she see Kai so serious like that! She never really excpected Kai to look this serious over things and all. "Different?" Minjee blinked. "How different?"

"They felt different. I sensed a different aura, and it makes us worried when you're around them. It's just, it's bothering us." Kai frowned as he looked down. "We're sorry."

Instead of their expected scoldings and naggings from Minjee, they received a smile and pat on their shoulder. "Oh, I appreciate you being worried over me, but don't be this time, okay? Krystal and Sulli are really good friends, so don't worry." Minjee giggled. "And hey, what evil deed can they possible do to me?"

"Noona, trust us! They're really something!" Sehun continued to whine as he repeatedly tugged on Minjee. "Please! Listen to me! Listen to us!"

"Sehun, there's nothing to worry about. Believe me." Minjee smiled. "I mean, why would they befriend me if they only mean trouble, eh?"

"... Just remember we're here to protect you, noona. We'll always be." Kai giggled and wrapped his arm around Minjee's shoulder. "We always will be!"

"I will remember that, Kai." Minjee smiled and held the two's hands. "I know you will be by my side forever." she giggled and pulled the two along as she ran off. "Come on! Let's buy some snacks!"

"Sure!" the two nodded. "Can we buy bubble tea, Minjee-noona?" Sehun asked as he wrapped his arms around Minjee's right arm. Minjee simply nodded and smiled. "Of course, Sehun! But... use your own money, understood?"

"If I treat noona, will she treat us back?" Kai smiled.

"Nonsense. Go buy your own." Minjee playfully said before nudging Kai and holding his hand and running off down the streets of Seoul. The bright lights lit the dark place up and lively music filled the place. There were lots to see. And unexpectedly, they ran into that one person Minjee always wanted to see. "Tao!" Minjee happily cried out as she ran to the pale yellow haired man.

"Minjee? Sehun? Kai? What're you guys doing here? Shouldn't Minjee be home and you two heading home as well?" Tao questioned as he saw the three roaming freely around Seoul.

"Well, we're buying bubble tea!" Sehun smiled.

"Did you buy Gucci again which made you unable to fetch us lately?" Kai questioned.

"Eh? I didn't!" Tao whined. "I had to help around the household and-"

"Okay, that's enough chit chat. It's okay. Since Tao's here, why not come along with us?" Minjee giggled. The group then skipped the city square together, first buying their needs before Minjee went straight to her home.

 

 

"So, we'll be seeing you tomorrow again, noona!" Sehun giggled as he waved happily to Minjee goodbye. "We'll be heading home now!"

"Sure! Be careful on your way, okay?" Minjee giggled as she entered her house. Once she was in, the three walked off and headed to the narrow alley they always take when going home. It was dimly lit but it's the shortest way home. It was one of the ways they grew up using, and most of all, it's kind of the only place they feel safe with.

"Stay beside me." Tao said, standing up brave despite having marks of fear seen. Being obedient they are, Kai and Sehun nodded and did so. They had to stick close together, guards on and staying alert, just how they were said to do so. It wasn't always safe for them now, with all the crimes and everything.

"Hyung. Can't we just head home by passing the main city?" Kai asked, trembling slightly.

"Do you seriously want to put us into trouble, Kai?" Tao questioned.

"But... it's scary here, hyung! Aren't you scared?" Sehun whined.

"I am. But hey, I'm just obeying what the older brothers said, especially Kris-gege's instructions! He's strict with it!" Tao said and simply continued walking. The two simply nodded and followed close behind. Soon, Sehun stopped, and that was greatly noticed by the other two. "Something wrong, Sehun?" Kai questioned.

"I feel something." Sehun shivered and ran towards Kai and Tao, gripping their arms tightly in fear. Tao soon twitched and so did Kai. This feeling was something frightening, and with them just being three, they shivered. They can't protect themselves much. Tao knew how fragile he can be, Kai knows how to defend, but not as great as his brothers. Sehun? He's the youngest and all he can do is do some light punches and kicks and run! Together, they're nothing.

And worse, the aura told them they were outnumbered! The aura told them these enemies were much more stronger than them. "Hyung, I'm scared." Sehun mumbled, tears threatening to escape his eyes.

"Ssh." Tao shushed as he alerted himself, staying frozen for a while and looking around. There were faint footsteps coming closer and it made them have chills running down and up their spine. It made them tremble more and that's more scarier when they saw who lurked beneath the shadow.

"So you're those guys who carried such hideous aroma!" one brownish haired lassie said, smirking. Four other girls followed behind her, and two faces that shone under the moon made Sehun jump in surprise.

"Sulli? Krystal?!he literally cried out loudly upon seeing those familiar faces. Their eyes sent some messages that made the three shiver.

"That's right. No wonder you two had such familiar scent. You're a part of that outcast clan!" Krystal said, smirking a bit. "What was that pack's name again? Oh! Right, EXO wasn't it?"

"Like the name suggests, outsiders." Sulli smirked. "Oh, how rude of us, we haven't introduced ourselves. We're one of the packs sent here in Seoul to track your pack down. We go by the name f(x)."

"Song Qian or Victoria. I'm the leader." the brownish haired girl greeted casually.

"Amber Liu, honor to meet you peasants!" the male-looking blondie smiled.

"Park Sunyoung, but call me Luna!" the black haired lassie introduced. "And most probably, you know our little sisters, Sulli and Krystal."

"What are you doing here? Why are you here?" Tao questioned in between trembles.

"Are you deaf? We just said we're here to track you down. Your pack is a total disgrace to our kind!" Amber growled as her eyes turned from charcoal black into blood red color! Soon, the other four's eyes glowed the same color. At that sight, the three knew exactly what was happening, and it wasn't good. "How about we play for a while, eh?" Luna playfully said as she took a step closer to the boys. The three, meanwhile, tried to take a step further away from these strangers as their eyes glowed bright blood red. "Stay back!" Kai tried growling, but unfortunately, was unable to frighten the ladies.

"Aw, was that suppose to be a growl, Kai?" Sulli teased. "Sounded like a mewl to me!"

"Shut up and stay back!" Kai cried in fear. As the group went closer and closer, Tao gripped on the youngers' arms, grabbing their full attention. "Listen to me carefully." Tao whispered. "On my signal, run as fast as you can."

"How about you?" Sehun softly asked.

"I'll be right behind." Tao answered. With a few seconds passing, a loud cry bursts out. "Now!" Tao loudly cried and pulled the two and let them dart fastly. Unfortunately, three among the girls chased after Sehun and Kai while Krystal and Amber had their attention on Tao, growling at them. Not being able to hold on longer, Tao darted as fast as he could, trying to escape the females. He soon caught up with Sehun and Kai and together, they ran. They ran for their dear lives, hanging tight in a cliff of fear and doubt. They were panicking. "Keep running!" Tao yelled.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

The steady rhythm of running kept on for seconds, no, minutes! The group chased the three and showed no signs of exhaustion. As if bad luck had clung on them, they saw themselves in a dead end, no where to go. "Off with the games, boys. Tell us where the others are." Victoria growled.

"Why should we? To ambush our pack?" Tao asked.

"Hm... most likely." she nodded, smirking.

"Merciless beasts!" Sehun yelled.

"What's the matter? Aren't we supposed to be like that, Sehun?" Sulli questioned. "We are supposed to be merciless, but you creatures soothed your supposed to be emotionless selves into something weak and unnaceptable to live!"

"Shut up!" Tao cried out. "Just shut your filthy mouths!"

"Oh, answering back I see? This'll be fun." Luna laughed and took a step closer to the three along with her pack mates. Tao, Sehun and Kai trembled. Oh, what'll be of them?

Awo~!!!

A howl that made everything pause. A shadow came out of the blinding darkness, body lit by none else but the bright moon. Golden-brown hair riding with the wind and eyes gleaming in the dark. "Stay back." Kris growled in full bravery as he glared at the girls. "Stay away from my brothers, Victoria."

"Ah, if it isn't Yifan, my man!" Amber greeted casually. "It's been years, Yifan-"

"Kris. It's Kris now, Amber." Kris stated. "And don't you dare talk to me like some casual friend of yours!"

"But we are! Well, we used to be, Yifan." Amber smiled. "Until you turned your back to us. Turned your back away from our real selves and decided to be outcasts!"

"If it weren't for your betrayal, we're sure we would get along with you." Victoria nodded.

"Well, this is our decisions, so deal with it. Leave us be." Kris commanded.

"Don't talk all high now, Yifan. We ain't your punny little pups to order around. Remember, we're of different teams."

"I don't care, leave!"

"Not that fast." Luna chuckled. Kris continued growling while the three trembled behind. "Gege." Tao called out, garnering Kris' attention quickly. "Run as fast as you can and don't look back. Now." Kris ordered as he took a small glimpse of the pale-yellow haired guy behind him. "Go straight home. I'll take care of this."

"But what about you? You're outnumbered-"

"Just do what I say, god darn it, Tao!"

Shaking more in fear, Tao had no choice but to obey. Him, Sehun and Kai dashed quickly, escaping the fear shrouding them, but as expected, three followed them, namely as Sulli and Krystal. "Tao! Run faster!" Kris cried, but was cut off when Amber pounced on the taller guy, her eyes gleaming bright red. "Aw, aren't you just a caring older brother?" Amber mocked.

"Get off!" Kris yelled as he didn't hesitate to kick the female off. There were no females or males in his perspective except in that part of life. In this case, he didn't care if his opponents were females. They are still like him... deadly and beastly. With one swift move, Kris successfully kicked Amber off her feet and pushed Victoria down to the ground before running and catching up with his brothers. "Don't let him get away, Amber!" Victoria ordered which Amber nodded.

Meanwhile, as Kris caught up, he saw how the three fought with the girls. They stood a little chance of winning, but alas, they were easily pinned down. Sehun was easily bruised and Kai easily gained scratched though along with this, he was capable of inflicting attacks on Krystal. Tao? He was the worst. Sure, he was capable of sweeping Sulli off her feet and laying fast and accurate attacks on her but he was easily wounded and was easily pinned down!

"Tao!" Kris cried as he pulled Sulli away from his brother. Oh, how wounded was he! He had scratches around his body and bruises beginning to form on his arms. "God, you're bleeding!" Kris cried as he saw Tao's lower right abdomen ooze red liquid. "Gege... behind you." Tao breathed.

Kris was too late to turn around as Amber had scratched her rather sharpened nails on Kris' back, making him wail in pain. Thankfully, Kai, who was still standing strong, kicked her off and supported Kris stand up. "Let's go, hyung! Now!" Kai cried as he grabbed Kris' arm and wrapped it on his shoulder. Sehun stood up and Tao began to run for their dear lives, leaving f(x) down for the meantime.

 

 

 

 

"What the heck happened to you?!" Suho cried in astonishment as he saw the four arrive, wounded and greatly bruised. Everyone soon were on their feet and ran towards the four, worry carved on their faces as they saw blood drip down on the floor.

"Who did this to you?!" Chanyeol cried in anger as he tried to support Kris stand up.

"I'm okay. Go tend the younger ones. I'll be fine." Kris breathed, which everyone did. Lay ran to the kitchen to get them something to drink. Luhan stayed beside his Sehun's side, Kai had D.O trying to support him as he sat down. Tao was taken care of Baekhyun, telling him to try and regain his breathing pace. Kris slowly fell down on his knees due to the cruising pain all over his body, but Chanyeol quickly supported him.

"Luhan." Kris weakly called out. "Bring Sehun to his room immediately and tend over his wounds. Same goes to you, D.O. Bring Kai in his room."

"Okay." the two nodded and carefully helped their younger brothers up, walking carefully and slowly to their room. "Baekhyun." Kris called out next, grabbing the younger's attention in a blink.

"Yes, hyung?" Baekhyun asked.

"Bring Tao to his room as well. Tend his wounds."

"O-okay, hyung." he nodded. "But, what about yo-"

"Just go!"

Twitching, Baekhyun hurried and supported Tao to his room, sights of the poor pale-yellow haired man fainting any time soon. Kris, though, took grip of his consciousness before he felt Xiumin's pat on his back. "You okay?" Xiumin worriedly questioned.

"I am." Kris nodded. "Chanyeol, can you assist me on sitting there by the couch?"

"Sure, hyung." the tall brother said, nodding and swinging his arm around his shoulder. Slowly, they made their way there, and afterwards, the left ones were gathered around the wounded older brother. "So, what happened exactly?" Chen questioned, serious for the first time.

"They found us." Kris stated, still out of breath.

"Who?" Lay asked next.

"You guys recall Amber, right? Amber Liu? That girl with that male-like image?"

"Yeah." they nodded.

"What about her?" Suho asked, cocking an eyebrow at him. "Is something related to her?"

"Yes. Her pack, f(x), they've attacked us earlier. They are obviously stronger than our youngests, despite two of them being the same age as Kai and Sehun. Their leader, Victoria, can be compared to me. She has great leading skills. Amber specializes in attacks and speed and this Luna girl is the ace card." Kris reported. "We need to be complete at least if we want to defeat them."

"Geez, we really are being tracked down for one petty reason?" Chen exhaled deeply, his head shaking in dismay.

"It was never a petty reason, Jongdae." Kris stated, silencing the younger.

"So, what do we do now?" Chanyeol questioned, eyeing everyone.

"We need to face them obviously. We can't forever hide and run. We're being located by one pack already and more are coming surely." Suho stated out.

"Plus, we've been training for quite some time already. I'm sure we can go out already and fight." Chen added.

"And what about Kai? He did train but he isn't ready yet." Xiumin scowled. "And Sehun too."

"Most of all, Tao." Chanyeol mumbled, earning everyone's eyes. "He's the fragile one, we can't-"

"Tao can do it. He can." Kris said softly. Everyone simply was silenced and nodded in force. Kris simply breathed out and closed his eyes, slipping down his consciousness before his body fell down on the couch.