II

으르렁 Beauty and the Wolf

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Noona, is it fun to be in college?" the rather endless questioner Sehun asked as he looked down on Minjee with sparkling and curious eyes black eyes. It made Minjee, who was obviously shorter than her juniors, smile with the cuteness the younger wields. Not everytime guys get to act all cute in front of females!

"It's fun. Sometimes, it's stressing. But with your mind set on the game, you'll learn how to enjoy and ignore stress." Minjee replied, almost speaking with wisdom.

"Woah! That must be our experience and feelings after this year." Kai smiled.

"I suppose."

"Then I'm rather excited into stepping the college world!" Sehun smiled with high hopes for the next year to come.

"What course do you intend to get?" Minjee asked.

"Hm... anything about music!" Sehun giggled.

"And you, Kai?"

"Same. I want something related to music and dancing."

"Oh, interesting. You dance?"

"And rap! Sehunnie can rap as well!"

"Really? Sehun can?" Minjee asked, her eyes slightly wide due to the unexpected words she heard. "You can?" she asked again, her eyes now on the silver haired man.

"I do, but not that good." Sehun giggled as she brought his hands up to his slightly pink toned cheeks. A second later, he gave Kai a hard punch his arm, pouting. "Why did you even blabber about that?!"

"C'mon, noona's interested what we can do!" Kai laughed, rubbing the punched part of his arm.

"Even still-!"

"Hey, hey, quit it, boys." Minjee laughed and stopped Sehun from laying another punch to Kai. "Come on, my house's over there. See that house with the brown roof? That's where I live." she smiled.

"Oh, you're house's quite cute!" Kai complimented as he got a glimpse of the house. The building's walls were tainted in cream color and the gates were tinted black and a few plants made the place a lot livelier with the bright colors blooming out of the flower bulbs. "It's rather obviously more eye-catching than our plain apartment."

"Oh, the place isn't what matters, it's how the ones who live inside does." Minjee smiled. "But hey, I know it's cute." she joked and led the way to her house.

"Who do you live along?" Sehun curiously asked as he noticed that Minjee had keys along with her.

"I live here with my older brother." she replied softly.

"Where are your parents?" Kai asked next, bringing a rather cold and awkward silence. Minjee looked at him, her smile slowly vanishing. "Um...?"

"Let's talk about that inside, okay, juniors?" she smiled and opened the door. "I'll just get dressed and prepare some snacks then I'll answer your question, okay, Kai?"

"Sure, noona!" Kai lively answered, nodding like a 5-years old boy. A few minutes lapped and Minjee was dressed in navy blue, checkered shorts and a white shirt with the some black words scribbled. Her hair was tied up in a neat ponytail. She hurried and got some snacks and drinks for her visitors and finally sat down on the couch, just between Kai and Sehun. "So... the answer?" Kai reminded.

"Oh right." Minjee laughed and grabbed something on the table drawer. A small, rather wrinkled photo, rather old and slightly torn but the picture remained clear. It was her, aging eight or nine years old, standing and smiling in between two older persons, who were by any chances, smiling as well. "This is my mom and dad." she said in a soft, trembling voice.

"Oh, cool. So, where are they?" Kai asked.

"They're... um, they're deceased."

"Eh?"

"But... I do live with my step mom. She's my oppa's mother, so basically, me and my brother are step siblings."

"Quite messed up, but-" Sehun spoke, but was cut off by Kai's glare. "I'm sorry, nevermind."

"I know it is." Minjee smiled. "But hey, we are like a real family we are! May it be we're step siblings or whatever."

"Aw, that's sweet." Sehun smiled. With his eyes catching a glimpse outside, he noticed that it was slowly getting darker and darker, and he began to worry. "Um, it's quite dark."

Kai turned around to see, and blinked, nodding. "I see it is. We should go home, eh, Sehun?"

"Would you like me to accompany you?" Minjee asked, instantly standing up.

"No, no, noona. It's okay." Kai smiled. "We are sure of our safety outside."

"... Okay. See you tomorrow then. Be safe, Kai, Sehun." Minjee said as she stood up and shook the younger's hands. "I'm glad to meet you two kids."

"We are too." the two replied in unison.

 

 

"We're home!" Kai cried out as he knocked on the door of a rather dull-colored apartment. A few knocks more, he heard a voice answer his.  "Coming!" the voice cried back and soon, the door was opened, revealing a rather red haired fellow male, dressed with a blue shirt and trousers and a white, slightly stained apron.

"Aish, Kai! Sehun! Why are you late?" D.O, this red-haired guy, cried in worry as he grabbed the two by the ear, pulling them inside. "Where have you been?"

"We got home late because we met a rather interesting senior." Sehun answered honestly, making Kai mentally slap himself. Of all things he hated, Sehun's honesty ranks third in his hate list. The other two? Well, it's private.

"Senior? You mean a college student?" D.O asked.

"Yeah! Tell him about it, Kai!" Sehun said, nudging the reddish-brown haired male beside him. "Okay, okay." Kai nodded in defeat and faced D.O. As much as he didn't want to tell the truth, he had to, or else he'll get murdered by the guy in front of him. "We met a female college student. We, um, bumped at her lately while running from those darn school staff."

"Again?" a brunette haired guy cried in the background. He wore a rather oversized moss green colored shirt with some words crossing the chest area. This was no other than Byun Baekhyun, the "poodle" as others address him.  "You know, you two, this is the eight time this week!"

"Actually, it's the ninth." a tall, brownish black haired guy said with a rather deep voice, contrasting his young face.

"Whatever, Park Chanyeol." Baekhyun laughed and playfully crossed his arm, trying to look angry at the youngers.

"That is definitely not working for us, Baekhyun-hyung." Kai laughed.

"You're more of a poodle than what you think of how manly you are." Sehun mocked, covering his mouth and preventing himself from bursting into laughter. Baekhyun, then, pouts cutely.

"Like Luhan-hyung?" Kai asked, raising a brow at Sehun.

"Like Luhan-hyung." Sehun laughed.

"Hey, what do you mean by 'like Luhan-hyung', eh?" a light orange haired, young looking man asked, arms crossed and his face scrunching. "I am manly! I ain't cute!" Luhan, the family's deer, began complaining.

"Sheesh, you are cute, okay?" Sehun laughed. "Right, D.O-hyung?"

"I might as well agree." D.O smiled.

"Oh, c'mon!" Luhan cried as he put his rather cute, angry face. With a shadow passing behind him, Luhan turns around, stomping on the ground angrily. "Xiumin! Can you please tell these kids that I am not cute but manly?"

The golden brown haired man then turns around, a smile crossing his slightly chubby face. "Oh come on, Lu. You can never change the fact. I've learned to accept the fact that despite the eldest, I look like a cute teen instead of a manly older brother. Learn to see yourself as one too."

"Yeah, why not be like our dear ol' Xiumin-hyung?" Chanyeol teased as he playfully nudged the rather annoyed Luhan. "You two are the eldest yet the cutest."

"And with our two youngest are looking the manliest! Isn't age seemingly trolling us?" a haired guy asked. This was Chen, the "troll" of the family. "If it's trolling us, I don't like it. I'm the troll here, remember?"

"Geez, calm down, Jongdae." Xiumin laughed, calling Chen by his real name before patting his back lightly. "Don't stress yourself, it's a law of nature or something."

"Hey, are the kids back from school?" another black haired man asked, walking towards the group with chocolate brown haired guy walking beside.

"Suho-hyung!" Kai and Sehun waved.

"Oh, I see you are back earlier than before." Lay, the chocolate brown haired guy, said with his infamous dimpled smile. Kai simply rolled his eyes playfully and Sehun simply smiled back. With his index finger, D.O did a head count and obviously wrinkled his brows. "Hey, where's the other two?" D.O asked.

"Oh! I bet Kris-hyung is in his room again." Chen said.

"Again? Ugh, doesn't he rest?" Chanyeol whined.

"He is a busy person." Suho said and grabbed a mug on the dining table. "Who wants to take this cup of coffee to him, eh?"

"Not any of us!" everyone replied.

"Fine. Baekhyun, can you please give this to Kris-hyung?" Suho asked.

"NO!" Baekhyun strictly decline, but upon meeting Suho's rather frightening glare, agreed later on. With trembling hands, he received the mug of hot coffee and trembling, went to the "dragon's lair". The second room to the left, that was where their "leader", Wu Yi Fan or Kris as other call him, stays for work and usually sleeps. No one really has the courage to defy their leader as, according to everyone's opinion, he is dead scary when serious!

More when he is annoyed!

No one, except one, gets to be really close to him. Even the eldest ones nor Suho can get through this "Kris". "Hyung? Kris-hyung? Can I come in?" Baekhyun softly asked as he knocked three times on the door. "Come in, Baekhyun." a voice replied. Baekhyun nodded and with shaky hands, turned the doorknob and entered the rather dimly lit room.

"What're you in need of?" Kris asked, not even bothering to look at the younger as his eyes were stuck on some books in front of him. "Is there something you're concerned of?"

"Um, S-Suho-hyung wants me to give this coffee to you. You know, he told us coffee kind of energizes you and makes you avoid sleep." Baekhyun smiled.

"Ah, yes. I do recall asking him to make me a cup of coffee. Thank you." Kris said and nodded. "Say, are Kai and Sehun home yet?"

"They are, hyung."

"So, we're complete?" Kris asked yet again.

"Um-"

"He is not home, is he?"

"Um, I think so, hyung. He hasn't gone home yet."

"Sheesh, that kid getting himself into trouble every night. Why can't he be like Kai and Sehun. Despite being troublemakers, they barely get into physical conflicts! Sheesh, someone discipline that kid!"

"Suho-hyung is currently working on that. No worries.""

"Byun Baekhyun, do you seriously think Suho can handle him? He can barely handle you nine! He barely can handle anyone."

"... Erm-"

"When he comes back, tell him to talk to me, understood?"

"Y-yes, hyung. I'll be leaving now. Dinner is ready within twenty minutes, by the way." Baekhyun said, bowing before darting off Kris's room. Once the door was shut, a crack echoed in the room as Kris broke his pencil into half due to annoyance. It's been the eighth night and still, the same things go the same as per usual. It's driving him nuts and he won't even get at least a bit surprised that he'd go insane soon!

What am I to do with that kid?! Kris growled. He's never going to get disciplined! That kid's hopeless!

And as much as he wants to think that he can discipline that "brother" of theirs, he sometimes falls into the thoughts that he can't. Sometimes, he does think that this "brother" has no chances of being a well mannered boy.

"Huang Zi Tao..." Kris growled softly as he began to tears a few doodled pages of his notebook.