XI

으르렁 Beauty and the Wolf

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tomorrow came, and everyone feared such day. The sun shone brightly, yes. Birds chirped happily outside the window and the leaves danced gracefully with the song of the wind. It was such a lovely, typical day in other's eyes. For them? It was the start of a nightmare.

"Remember my instructions. Head home straight, understood?" D.O reminded as he faced the still bruised Sehun and Kai. "I don't want any of you two going into trouble again. Oh, and make sure to stay away from those darn ladies!"

"We fear we can only promise the first part, hyung." Sehun seriously said, his tone firm and stern. "The second part is most likely to be broken by us ourselves."

"What? Do you troublemakers really have no awe on yourselves?" Baekhyun cried loudly in shock. "Come on, look at yourselves! Your bruised up and scratches are still visible! You two don't stand a chance to those lassies-"

"Hyung, we are tasked to watch our for noona. They're her classmates and that's the main reason we need to watch out for them ourselves." Kai said. "We're protecting our noona no matter what!"

Silence broke for the first few seconds until Suho stood up and showed a proud smile. "You're growing well, you two. But be careful, okay?" he stated.

"We will!" the two smiled before waving to their brothers goodbye and heading off. The worried older brothers watched in worry as the two darted off the building, fearing what might happen next. "Will they be okay around those girls? They are obviously much more stronger than Kai and Sehun combined!" Luhan worriedly mumbled as he showed his nearly tear-filled eyes to his brothers.

"They will be, Luhan-gege. They will be. Just trust them." Lay said, smiling faintly, failing to hide the fear he has within himself as well. "I hope..."

"Guys, think positive! They can do it!" Chanyeol said in a proud tone.

"And what if they don't?" Chen questioned.

"Quit being pessimistic, will you? No wonder you easily look old, Chen!" Xiumin joked as he let out a small laugh, making Chen fire laser beams from his eyes. "Be like me and Lu, we always brush of those pressures and look at us, we're younger than our real ages!"

"Shut up. Your too positive sides can be a weakness too, hyung." Chen sighed, rolling his eyes. Several minutes of silence passed. The brothers tried brushing their excessive worries away by trying to live their lives normally. They cooked breakfast, tried watching T.V, played games in their gadgets and read some books. But it was not effective like before. It was never effective actually. That worry for their youngest brothers stayed intact in their minds, buzzing noisily.

A few moments more later, they heart faint steps crossing the hallway. It was no other but a tall golden-brown headed guy with a pale-yellow haired man beside, seemingly assisting him in walking. "Slowly now." Kris softly said as he guided Tao in walking. Oh, the poor Tao was still incapable of walking alone after the fight yesterday. His wounds hurt like hell. "Oh, you guys are awake." Kris greeted with his signature faint smile.

"Sehun and Kai left for school already for you to know, hyung." D.O said as he untied the apron wrapping his body.

"They did?" Tao gasped in shock and nearly let go of Kris due to his reflexes to chase his brothers down the streets but thankfully, Kris gripped him and disabled him to move. "Tao, relax. They can handle themselves." Kris softly uttered.

"But... Sulli and Krystal-"

"They can handle them.." Kris smiled, making Tao sigh heavily and nod in no choice.

 

 

 

 

 

"Good morning, noona!" the two greeted happily as they saw Minjee walking to her class. Minjee turned around and waved back at them. "Hey, g'morning- hey! What happened to you? Why are you all bruised up?!" Minjee cried in shock as she inspected the two's bandaged parts. "Who did this to you?"

"Noona, calm down first and we'll tell everything to you." Kai said and held Minjee's hands tightly. "But first, let's find a quiet place to talk, not here out in the public."

"Why?"

"Because-"

"Good morning, eonni!" a familiar voice echoed as two girls walked towards their direction. Kai paused and Sehun froze in terror. The beasts had arrived yet again, their faces flashed angelically as their true selves took slumber for the day. Sulli and Krystal were disguised as innocent, ordinary girls seen in the corners of Seoul. Once they met their eyes, Sehun closed his and Kai averted his sight.

"Oh my- what happened to you guys?" Sulli gasped as she saw Kai and Sehun bruised. "Had a fight with some mad groups?" she questioned in worry.

"Must've been a hard night, eh? Who're they?" Krystal asked.

"Stop acting innocent." Kai glared. "You know who did this to us!"

"Kai! What are you talking about?" Minjee asked in confusion as she turned to look at her newly befriended ones. "Did he say something true, Sulli? Krystal? You know who did this to them?" she asked in concern.

"No! Why would we?" Sulli answered, shaking her head as she showed confusion as well. "Stop acting! You and your sisters were the cause of why we're this wounded!" Sehun yelled as he fired a deadly glare at them. If looks could kill, they'd be dead by now. Oh wait...

... It's not that easy to kill these opponents.

"Sisters? Sehun, we don't have any sisters. Well, Krystal has one but she and her were kind of separated when they were teens since her sister has her own family." Sulli explained. "I've got only a younger brother-"

"We're talking about Victoria, Amber and Luna!" Kai growled as he glared at Sulli, making the poor girl flinch in fear. "And don't even dare to pretend you don't know them!"

"Hey, don't shout at Jinri!" Krystal cried as she stepped forward, protecting the trembling female. "It's not nice to be like that to seniors!"

"Why? Don't talk as if you know respect yourselves!" Kai continued to counter, making Krystal snap and slap Kai out of the blue. "You're one impolite kid!" Krystal scolded. Instead of a pause like that of typical occurances, Kai didn't hesitate to return the attack and pin the female down to the ground. Sehun began to break down and try pull Kai away from the struggling female. Sulli began to cry in fear as she fell down on her knees, wailing.

"Kai! Stop! This instant- Kai!" Minjee cried out repeatously. "Kim Jongin! Get off of Krystal this instant! Hey, are you even capable of hearing me, Kai?! Kai!"

"Kai! Stop it already! Kai!" Sehun cried, helping Minjee pull the reddish-brown haired boy away from Krystal. "Kai! Kai-!" Finally, Kai let go of Krystal when she kicked him off with full force and pushed him away. "You-!" Krystal growled as she dusted herself off.

"Kai, what's gotten into you?" Minjee asked as she placed her arms on the younger yet taller guy, dirtied and dusted. "You're acting weird. Say sorry to Krystal, what you did was definitely disrespectful and wrong. Apologize." Minjee said in a gentle tone.

"But noona-"

"Kai. Just apologize."

Kai trembled as he met the female's burning eyes. He backed off and when he saw how Minjee tried to reach for him, he began to run off for some reason. Sehun, meanwhile, due to reflexes, he ran after his brother and vanished within the crowd. Hand still wanting to reach for Kai, Minjee tilted her head and blinked a few times, wondering. "What's with him?" Sulli sobbed as she wiped her tears away from her cheeks. "I-is he angry at us?"

"Can't be, why would they even be?" Minjee questioned. "I mean, you didn't do anything to them, right?"

"We didn't." Krystal sighed. "Maybe they're just like that. You know how kids are these generations." she sighed and walked off, heading to their classroom. "They'll soon be back, eonni. Let them simmer down to whatever's bothering them." Sulli said, patting Minjee's back.

"Yeah." Minjee nodded and followed the two to their room. Still worried, Minjee tried to set aside her friends' weird actions just lately and set her mind into focusing into her studies this time. She can't let something pull her down from the only thing she can gain.

"Kai! Geez, Kai! Quit being deaf and stop for a while!" Sehun cried as he panted, leaning his back on the stair railings, leading to the school building's rooftop. "Kim Jongin! Ugh, can you please stop for a while?!" Sehun whined as he resumed running, chasing the reddish-brown headed one. Finally, with one reach for his brother's arm, Sehun caught up with Kai. "KAI!"

"Sehun, I'm honestly freaking out!" Kai said, obviously having a mental breakdown. "T-those girls! I saw their real intention within their eyes and I don't like it! What are we going to do? We stand no chance to them! Krystal is someone strong and intimidating with one look and Sulli's just-"

"Kai!" Sehun yelled, swinging his arm across Kai's face. Yes, he did slap his own older brother. "Please! Can you please calm yourself down for Pete's sake?! Geez, this is exactly what I hate of your mental breakdowns! Calm the down!" Sehun literally shouted in front of Kai's astonished face. Luckily being able to knock some senses back, Kai shook his head before he fell on his knees.

"Sorry. I'm just... I don't know what to do." Kai sighed, bringing his hands up to his face. "I don't want Minjee-noona in any harm when she's really innocent. She's not supposed to be involved in this mess. What if those two suddenly devour her mercilessly? It'll haunt me greatly since we got terribly close to her. I can't let this innocent one die because of us."

"Kai, no one is dying close to us, remember! Recall those words of Kris-hyung, no one dear to us is ceasing!" Sehun cried as he held Kai's hand. "He promised us, remember?"

Kai nodded. He did. Their leader did promise such years back then and until now. He knew that whatever Kris promises never breaks. He knew that well since he was a little one. "I know." Kai nodded, slowly calming down from his breakdown. "I'm sorry. I've calmed down now, Sehun."

"Good, because I've got a plan." the silver haired guy smiled. "What is it?" Kai asked.

"We've got to tell noona the reasons herself!" Sehun stated out in full bravery, successfully convincing himself with such action they'll do later. Though Kai wanted to hesitate, he knew it was for the better. If Minjee can't see their real intentions indirectly, they've got to tell it to her straight to her face!

Even if it scares them.

And even if it means they have to stregthen their weak selves up!

 

 

 

"Noona." Kai soflty called out as he slowly approached Minjee, who just came out from her classroom. Upon the sight of the familiar reddish-brown haired guy, Minjee smiled and waved at him. "Hey, there you are!" Minjee smiled and looked lovingly at the two. "Are you okay now, Kai? Feeling better?" Minjee worriedly asked.

"I am, noona. I am." Kai smiled faintly. "Say, are you free now? I mean, now?"

"Yes, is something you'd like to discuss-"

"Yes! Let's go!" Sehun said and held Minjee's small, soft hands, pulling her along with them as they ran to the highschool building's rooftop. Minjee wasn't able to resist. The two successfully dragged the female away from the crowd and up into the rooftop. The light breeze met her and with the wind's song, her black hair danced along. "Woah, the scene up here never really changed!" Minjee said, adoring the view she longed to see. "Some things don't really change." she smiled.

With her reveries ending, she turned around to see Kai and Sehun, with their heads ducked. Her smile slowly vanished as she saw something different from the two. "What's the matter? Is something bothering you?" Minjee asked, raising a brow at the two younger guys. "You can tell me anything. I'm your noona, remember?"

"But... this isn't something typical, Minjee-noona." Sehun mumbled, putting his hands inside his pants' pockets.

"Not something typical? What do you mean?"

"Promise us you wouldn't freak out first." Kai softly said, his charcoal-colored orbs meeting Minjee's angelic and softly-created ones. "Promise us first."

"I promise, Kai. Now, tell me." Minjee said in a gentle tone as she patted the two's shoulders. "Come on, it musn't be that shocking to the point I'll freak out."

"... Maybe." Kai nodded.

"So, tell me." the female smiled sweetly, and that made things harder to say. Kai and Sehun can't bear to utter such to her, someone so innocent and gentle. With courage finally gathered, Kai looked deeply into Minjee's eeys and breathed out deeply. "Noona, you've got to stay away from Sulli and Krystal from now on."

Words pierced Minjee like the sharpest knives, straight on! It pained her that her beloved juniors uttered such painful words. Stay away from my new friends? How can she? She thought having Sulli and Krystal as her new friends would be good but why do they want her to stay away by they? "What?" Minjee asked in disbelief. "W-why would you want me to do such though?"

"Just follow our instructions, noona. It's for the best-"

"What's best if I have to stay away from new friends? They are the first girls I've befriended my whole life! Why would you want me to stay away from them?"

"Because they're planning something evil to you!" Sehun tried explaining. "They're going to kill you, noona! Kill you!"

"Kill me? What in earth can they do to kill me? Do cute acts and everything? Please, what's the matter with you? First, you've made bad impressions to Krystal lately, Kai! And now, you're accusing them of killing me? Please! We're just typical college students, killing is not in our minds but studying and planning a great future!"

"Stop blabbering nonsense and listen to us, please!" Kai pleaded. "We're just trying to protect you!"

"By shooing everyone I befriend? You know what, I thought you guys can understand me! I thought you'd stick up to me for what I do and who I am but it turns out you're just like everyone else! You're nothing like my Haewon-oppa! You drive everyone away from me and enjoy seeing me all alone!"

"That's not what we're trying to do, noona!"

"No! Shut your mouths up! I'm so done with you two now!" Minjee angrily shouted and stomped off, but was soon held back by Sehun, tears rolling down his cheeks. Minjee wanted to yell in front of him but Sehun's innocent, angel-like face held her painful words back. "Let go of me, Sehun. Please." Minjee softly said.

"Why can't you listen to us, noona?" Sehun questioned. "We're protecting you from the bad guys."

"No you aren't, Sehun." Minjee replied. "The bad guys here are you."

With that said, Minjee walked off, leaving the two flabbergasted. Kai fell down on his knees, knowing he failed to warn their beloved senior. Sehun broke down to tears, sobbing uncontrollably. "We blew it, Kai. She's ceasing existence." Sehun sobbed hard. "And now we're told not to get close to her, it'll be much harder to protect her!"

"Oh Sehun, we're not letting her die." Kai stated out in a convincing tone. "We're protecting her no matter what."

"How?"

"... I've got a plan, but we've gotta skip school for now." Kai told and grabbed the silver haired guy's arm, pulling him to wherever they were heading to. The two headed off, out of the school grounds and darting away down the streets of Seoul, a plan soon being born.

Within their unknown minds, eyes watched them run down the streets. "Gosh, aren't they scardey cats? Kris must've raised them wrongly." Krystal laughed softly as she saw Kai and Sehun running away. "Thank goodness we got to grow up under Victoria-eonni's wing."

"You mean fur, idiot." Sulli laughed as she playfully nudged Krystal's arm. "Oh well, if ever we come across them though, it'll be a piece of cake."

"Hey, get your head back in the game, Jinri. Let's go avert our eyes to Minjee." Krystal smirked. "I bet her sweet attitude'll make her sweet too."

"Where're your manners? What have Amber-eonni taught you about sharing?" Sulli glared. "Wait until night time. Plus, there're too many watching."

"Pff, fine."

 

 

 

 

 

 

RING!

Classes finally ended. Minjee was still found guilty for snapping to Sehun and Kai, and for the whole day, and that was kind of a hinder too since she couldn't focus with their lessons. What else, her mood fell terribly down for she was too bothered. She wanted to see Kai and Sehun again but she didn't know how to apologize. Well, once you started to shout at a crying junior, it really makes one feel bad, right? "Eonni! Come on, let's go home!" Sulli said, waving her left arm high in the air.

"Uh... just a minute!" Minjee replied and ran to the highschool building fast.

"Where are you going?" Krystal asked.

"Sending an apology message to two juniors of mine! You guys can go ahead! It might take a while!" Minjee said and entered the building. Sulli and Krystal nodded and went on without her. They aren't the patient types to be hoenst.

Inside, Minjee's memories flooded back. She recalled how she walked down the same halls years ago when she was just a highschool student like Sehun and Kai. She recalled the persons she'd often pass by and the talks she heard everytime. She recalled their looks and their eyes, their smiles and their laughs. She recalled how she wore the same cool uniform with everyone and how she hurried down the halls.

And no, these weren't good memories. In fact, she never had any good memories. She never did. Those times she walked down the hallway, the "smiles" and "laughs" were those times she was bullied, mocked... everything. Those times she saw their looks and eyes were times they looked at her badly. The times she hurried down the halls were due to the fact she ran away from them and their teases.

It was always a nightmare whenever she attended school, thankfully, in college, things started to go quite easier, but yes, there were still times things fell hard on her, but she's learned to see that those things are part of her uninteresting, typical life.

"Ms. Kang!" one of the teachers greeted, recognizing her face. "What brings you here? Is there soemthing you need?"

"Ah, yes. Can you show me Kim Jongin and Oh Sehun's room? I would like to have a word with them." Minjee softly said. "Well, um, if they are free."

"Oh, Mr. Kim and Mr. Oh?" another asked. "I'm afraid we haven't seen them since lunch time. Must've skipped classes and wandered off."

"Skipped classes? Oh, dear heavens, no." Minjee sighed deeply before bowing. "Never mind then, thank you for your help though."

"Of course, I see you are close to them?"

"Definitely!"

"Please tell those boys to simmer down. They've been real troubles these days!"

"Ah, yes. I will."

With that, Minjee walked off, heading back home. She was kind of frustrated that the two were gone, and yes, guiltier for she wasn't able to say her sorries. Oh well, there's always tomorrow, right?

A few walks passed and Minjee arrived home. At last. "I'm home." Minjee said in a rather soft and weak voice as she entered the building. Her shoes were placed on the shoe rack. As she entered, she saw her brother, Haewon, sitting down on the couch. "Hey, oppa."

"Hey, you're back!" Haewon smiled. "What's with the long face? Something happened to you?"

"Erm... n-nothing much." Minjee lied. "I'm just awfully tired, that's all."

"Are you a hundred percent sure with that, girl? You seem... different?" Haewon worriedly stated and walked to his younger sibling. "I'm worrying to be honest."

"I really am, oppa." Minjee smiled faintly. "Now, if you excuse me, I'll be changing my clothes now."

"Sure." Haewon nodded as he sat down back on the couch. It took another few minutes for the female to change her uniform clothes into some loose ones, her hair still up in a ponytail style. Once she was done, she sat beside her brother, who seemed to be watching some of her hated shows. "Ugh, news again? Don't you ever get tired of those?" Minjee groaned.

"Not really." Haewon smiled. "You should try listening to them some time!"

"Nah, I'd rather eat a grilled cheese sandwich." Minjee smiled and headed to the kitchen, giggling. "Make me one too!" Haewon said.

"Nah, make your own, lazy !" Minjee mocked and skipped happily to the kitchen, leaving Haewon sighing and simply averting his eyes back to the television. "Oh, darn it, we're out of cheese!" Minjee sighed.

"Again? Darn..." Haewon groaned and stood up. "Don't worry, I'll buy 'em this time."

"Don't even bother, dear brother of mine, I'll buy them myself!" Minjee smiled and playfully ruffled her older brother's hair into a mess as she went off the house. "I'll be off for a minute, oppa!"

"Sure, be careful outside, sis!" Haewon cried as he watched his sister run off down the alleys. With that, he closed the door yet again and sat there quietly on the couch.

 

 

 

 

 

"Geez, those stores are simply annoying!" Minjee cursed under her breath. "I mean, seriously? No cheese?! That's like the most typical thing in this world people ing buy! Oh geez, annoying!"

At least the store I least looked forward to had cheese. she thought as she held the plastic bag's handle tightly. It took her nearly quite some time to be able to buy cheese! It was a total waste of time, and it ticked her off for real! Oh, how worried might Haewon be!

"Curse those darn grocery stores." she cursed. No thanks to her foul-mouthed brother, she got his constant cursing habit too not long!

Not far on later, she heard some clangings on a nearby alley. It was dimly lit, and that scared the living lights of hers! She knew something lurked beneath the shadows, but curiousity has its ways. Without her knowing, she was walking in the dim alley, and once she did notice, she hesitated. A foul stench met her sense of smell, and it made her nearly throw up. It smelled familiar, but she can't make it up. "Hello?" she called out in her shaky voice.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

"Hello? Someone there?" she called out again, courage building up in her. "Hello? Hello...?"

And that's where everything starts.

She saw something rather astonishing.

Five lifeless bodies, bathing in bright red blood.

Holy . She gasped as she backed off a few inches. The bodies were bloody and pale. They were females' bodies and two of them were creepily familiar.

"Sulli! Krystal!" she cried in terror as she saw her classmates' lifeless bodies. "Holy- who did this?" she shivered. Soon, she found horror coarsing through her nerves and that made her want to shout and run, but she can't. "Oh my goodness..."

Awo~

The yellow moon shone brightly up the starless night. The cold breeze got colder and that made things creepier. Minjee grew weak and she had to lean on the wall to support her jelly-like legs. Oh, the gruesome scene will haunt her for this night, and worse forever! What else, that familiar howl that filled the place made her tremble.

"Ah, what a mess!" a golden-yellow haired man said as he appeared beneath the shadows with something crimson colored on the corners of his lips.

"It was because of that reckless behavior of yours, hyung!" a red haired man exclaimed, wiping something on his hand."

"Reckless leader, that has a nice ring on it." the brunette headed one commented.

Ten men, eyes shining red beneath the darkness appeared. The crimson stuff around their lips, chin and hands was no other than blood. Blood of the lifeless females. Blood of Sulli and Krystal! "Oh, there's a witness." Chen said as he spotted Minjee on the wall, leaning.

"Not good." Chanyeol scowled as he scratched his head.

"What do we do now?" Lay asked in fear.

"Devour her, now." Kris commanded as he sent a look at Minjee. Upon hearing those words, Minjee froze. D-devour? Me? No... they cannot be serious! she thought as her body refused to listen to her. God, move, body! Move! she mentally shouted as she noticed the men walk towards her. "Anybody, help..."

"Gege! No!" a familiar voice echoed as a shadow jumped in front of her. The figure had pale-yellow hair and glowing, red eyes. Blood was visible to drip down his chin and dried blood stuck on his fingers. "Stay away from her and don't you dare devour a friend of mine!"

Minjee squinted to see who it was and to her surprise, it was him! "T-Tao? Is that you?" Minjee gasped as she saw the familiar person in front of her.

"It's me, don't be afraid-"

"Did you kill them?! Are you one of those... those murderers?!"

"Minjee calm down-"

"Wait, she is that Minjee girl?" Suho asked in shock. "Wow, we nearly devoured the girl we had to protect!"

"Close call." Luhan sighed as he bowed. "Sorry 'bout that."

"Why in earth did you kill my friends?! Why did you kill Krystal and Sulli?!" Minjee cried, breaking down due to the traumatizing scene in front of her. Guys had blood all over their bodies and Tao, her friend, had some too! More or less, they looked like some kind of beasts!

"Hyung!" two other voices cried as two figures took a turn to their locations.

"Just in time, Kai, Sehun." Xiumin said as he saw the youngest brothers. "Can you please try and calm your noona over here?"

"Noona? Holy- did she arrive here just now?!" Sehun cried as he tried holding Minjee's hands. "Noona, it's okay-"

"Sehun? Wh-why...? You're eyes!" Minjee shouted as she saw Kai and Sehun's eyes glowing red as well. "W-what's going on?"

"Noona, calm down!" Kai tried saying.

"Why are Sulli and Krystal dead? What happened?"

"Look, let us explain! Our hyungs, our brothers-"

"Brothers? These men are your brothers..?!" she gasped as she got more and more confused. Lots of informations were being fired at her uncontrollably and it was driving her insane. "You're like them? Murderers?! You are beasts as well?"

"Noona, listen, we're-!"

"Oh no, what are you exactly, who are you men?!" Minjee cried as she slowly backed off more and more. Finally, Tao gripped her hands and looked deep in her eyes. "Minjee, calm down! We can explain-!""

"No! Let go of me! LET GO!" Minjee yelled continuously.

"Minjee! Kang Minjee, calm yourself!" Tao continued to say, holding her flailing arms down.

"Tao! Shut her! She's making too loud noises!" Baekhyun yelled.

"She'll attract attention! Do something!" D.O said.

Finally, Kris took a move and did one quick move that made Minjee lose her consciousness within the next second. She fell on Tao's arms quickly, silencing her for the moment. "Let's go and get outta here." Kris commanded as he leads the way. Everyone hurried and followed him without a second thinking.

"Tao-hyung! Let's go!" Kai cried as he ran along with Sehun. The yellow-haired one nodded and placed Minjee on his shoulder, hands gripping on her waist to keep her steady. With that, he followed the rest, running as fast as they can, leaving the girls' lifeless bodies still on the abandoned alley, blood covered.