Chapter 8 - YMH

You're my Hyung

          “Song Ji Hyo…” Jong Kook utters her name.

          “Oppa~!...” Ji Hyo runs to him and excitedly hugs him. Ja In can’t even steps her foot forward to go to him. Her Hyung’s ex-girlfriend, Song Ji Hyo. She just turns her back and went back to their table. 

          Ji Hyo let go of the hug and smiles at him. “You’re still the same Oppa…It’s been two years though…”

          “Same goes to you…Still pretty as always…When did you come back?...”

          “Hmmm…Yesterday…Do you still have a performance?...”

          “I don’t have…Come on let’s eat and tell me what happen to you in LA…”

          Ja In who went back to Ji Sub has changes her mood. She didn’t even know why. “Have you talk to him?...” Ji Sub asked.

          “No…He’s busy…Let’s go home…” she just said.

          They went home. They were in front of the gate. Ji Sub kisses her in her forehead. “Good night…I love you…” he said while looking into her eyes. Ja In felt strange. She should be happy that there is this man who’s saying that she loves her but it’s not and she hates herself for it. She just smiles and hugs him.

~~~~~~~~~~

          2:00AM, Ja In fell asleep at the sofa in the living room while waiting for Jong Kook. She hasn’t talk to him. She decided to wait for him. Jong Kook came in and notices her. He moves closer to her. He stares at her and moves his hand into her faces and touches it. “I miss you…” then he said.

          Jong Kook decided to avoid her. It hurts him more whenever he sees her with him. It’s his entire fault but he just wants to make her happy. He wants what best for her even though it hurts him. She was the most important person to him next to his parents. The one woman he wants to be beside him forever.

          Haha slightly opens the door in his room and heard what his Hyung said to her. Jong Kook carries Ja In and brings her into her room. After that, he came into his room and Haha was sitting on his bed.

          “You’re still awake…” Jong Kook said while changing his clothes.

          “Hyung…Why did you do that?...Why did you let her be with someone else?...When it’s you who really love her…Tell me…I know it’s been hard for you…” Haha said.

          Jong Kook looks at him. “It’s because I love her much…That’s the only reason…”

          “It doesn’t make sense…If you love her then go tell her…”

          “Then what will happen next?...She’ll distant herself with me…because the one she treats as her brother treats her different…If I say I love her would she say she loves me too like the way I do…It won’t--…”

          “What if she feels the same way too?...You can’t tell Hyung…” Haha said then.

          “That won’t happen…Come on don’t make me hope…I’m going to sleep…” he said and lay into his bed.

          “Don’t let me hope Haha-yah…I’m hurting this much…I think I can’t take it anymore if I would take the chances and fail…” Jong Kook thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Sunday morning, Ja In wakes up because of the noise downstairs. She’s hearing Haha and Gwang Soo shouting. She washes her face and goes down. Then there is Ji Hyo laughing and talking with the others. They all look excited seeing her. She just stares at them.

          “Waaa Song Ji Hyo…you’re still pretty as ever…Looks like LA makes you even prettier…” Haha said.

          “Noona when did you came back?...We really miss you…” Gwang Soo said.

          Song Ji Hyo, 30 years old, pretty and gorgeous woman. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo go to the same university back then. Ji Hyo had crush on him. Ji Hyo loves him too.

          “Aigooo…You’re all excited…Don’t crowd her too much…” Jong Kook said.

          “Oh so you’re awake Ja In-ah…Look who’s here…” Gary said when he sees her. She smiles at her. “Annyong haseyo Ji Hyo Unnie…” she greeted her. “Hi there Ja In-ah…You’ve been very pretty…How are you?...”

          “I’m fine…It’s nice to see you again Unnie…” Ja In said. But she doesn’t understand herself she’s unhappy that she’s here now.

          “So you’re back for good Noona?...Then you’ll be back to Hyung too?...” Gwang Soo said.

          Ji Hyo holds Jong Kook’s arm. “Maybe…Right Oppa?” she said and looks at Jong Kook. Ja In can’t take looking at them. She went upstairs and takes a bath. After that, she went down. Gary, Haha and Gwang Soo were playing Wii. She looks for her Hyung and she sees him in the kitchen cooking with Ji Hyo beside her. It irritates her seeing them smiling with each other. She joins them in playing the Wii. She should not react this way but she can’t stop it.

          Lunch time, Jong Kook done cooking and Ji Hyo prepares the table. “Waaa you’re like a married couple Hyung…” Gwang Soo teases them.

          “Really?...Then should we get married Oppa?...” Ji Hyo said to him.

          “Stop joking around…Come let’s eat guys…”

          Ji Hyo smiles at him. “You’re still the same Oppa…” she said to him.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Evening, after eating dinner they all watch a movie. They all sat on the sofa. Ji Hyo besides Jong Kook and Ja In was beside him too. After 2 hours, Gwang Soo and Gary felt sleepy so they went to their room. After minutes, Haha also felt sleepy. “Hyung…I’m really sleepy too…Bye Ji Hyo…Good night…” he said.

          The movie ended. Jong Kook looks at Ja In and she was sleeping with her head into his shoulder. Jong Kook smiles to himself. He doesn’t know but seeing her sleeping was so lovely for him.

          “I’ll just bring her back into her room…then I’ll bring you home…” he said and carries Ja In into her room.

          Jong Kook brings Ji Hyo home. “I had fun Oppa…It’s really nice being with you guys…” Ji Hyo said.

          “You’re always welcome…”

          “You still hold those feelings…Still the same Jong Kook…” Ji Hyo said.

          “I still do…Such a coward right?...”

          “Ne~…Should I help you then?...” Ji Hyo suggests.

          “What help?...”

          “Just leave it to me…”

~~~~~~~~~~~

           Jong Kook decided to go to the beach like Ji Hyo wanted. Jong Kook uses his car and he’s with Ji Hyo, Gary, Haha and Gwang Soo while Ji Sub uses his car and with Ja In, Onew and Seung Yeon.

          After hours of traveling, they all arrive at the beach at Busan. Ji Sub and Jong Kook shares in one room. Gary and Haha in the other room. Onew and Gwang Soo shares one room. Also the girl shares a room together.

          Ji Sub and Ja In was walking while holding hands at the seaside and watching the sunset.  “It’s beautiful here…I’m happy you’re beside me…” Ji Sub smiles at her.

          “Me too…Thank you…” she smiles at him.

          Night comes, after they eat they decided to drink soju and play some games. They were seated in a circle form. Jong Kook->Ji Hyo->Haha->Gary->Gwang Soo->Seung Yeon->Onew->Ji Sub->Ja In. Haha turns the bottle of soju and it pointed to Gwang Soo. “Truth or Dare?...” Haha asked.

          “Dare…” Gwang Soo replied.

          “Kiss Jong Kook Hyung then…” Haha said. Gwang Soo gulps and looks at Jong Kook. “He’ll punch me for sure…” Gwang Soo said scared.

          “No he won’t…” Gary added. Gwang Soo stands up and walks towards his Hyung. Gwang Soo moves his head to kiss him but Jong Kook hits him using the back of his hand. “Stop it…I’ll hurt you….” Jong Kook said. Then all of them laugh.

          Gwang Soo turns the bottle and it’s pointed at Jong Kook. “Truth or Dare Hyung…” Gwang Soo asked. “Dare…” he said. “Hmmm…Kiss Ji Hyo noona…just in the cheeks…” Gwang Soo said. “That’s easy…” Jong Kook said and moves his head to kiss JI Hyo’s cheeks but as he moves closer to her cheeks Ji Hyo turns her head and the kiss went into her lips.

          Ja In heart sank looking at them. “Why does my heart reacts this way?...My feelings are strange…Hyung…How should I stop it?...” Ja In thought.