Chapter 28 - YMH

You're my Hyung

          Ja In smiles. “Thank you Hyung…”

 

          Jong Kook was left alone. Looking at nothing. He remembers how she smiles and felt hurt but happy in a way. He wakes up from his daydream that one day Ja In will be back at him. “So this is how it will end…My love for you will always stay…because you are the love of my life…even though you don’t love me anymore…I will always be here Ja In-ah…Always…” he thought.

 

          Then his tears started to fall.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

          ~ 1 month passed by ~

 

          Jong Kook enters their house but no one is there.Yong Hwa with the others are for sure have a schedule. He put his back down on the sofa and walks staright to the refrigerator. He gets bottled water and drinks it.

 

          He just arrived from his vacation at Jeju. He asks his management for it and luckily they approved even though he has pile up schedules.

 

          Jong Kook went upstairs and enters his room. He lies on his bed then gets his handphone. He turns it on for the first time after turing it off when he left. He got many calls from Haha also messages too from Gary and Kwang Soo. He smiles and dialed the number of Haha.

 

          “HYUUUUUUNG~!!!...” Haha answers his call.

 

          “Yah~…Your too loud…” he said and smiles.

 

          “Where the hell have you been?...We’re worried sick about you…You didn’t even dare to say something before you left…”

 

          “Just somewhere…I need to breathe…that’s why…I’m fine don’t worry…”

 

          Haha keep silent. He already heard from Ja In that she talks to Jong Kook. That’s why he’s been so worried to his Hyung.

 

          “Haha-yah…”

 

          “Ne Hyung?...”

 

          “I’m okay…I’m really okay…I…give up…this time…I will not be selfish…because her happiness is what important…that’s how much I love her…I…already lost the fight…”

 

          Haha felt his tears forming and he sniffs. “Hyung…Hyung….Hyung….”

 

          “Yah~!...Stop that…Let’sjust all be happy…” he smiles.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

          ~Next day, 11:30 PM ~

 

          Jong Kook went down from his room and gets a canned beer then walks to the veranda but to his surprised Shin Hye and Yong Hwa were there holding each other hands.

 

          “Waaaa?! Jinja?!...” he shouted.

 

          The two were flustered and they let go of their hands.

 

          “Jong Kook Hyung…” Yong Hwa said.

 

          “Oppa~…” Shin Hye shyly said and blushes.

 

          “Congratulations~…You two really suit each other…” he smiles at them.

 

          “Thank you Hyung…” Yong Hwa smiles then looks at Shin Hye saying ‘He’ll leave them two’. Then Yong Hwa leaves.

 

          Jong Kook sits and sips into his beer. Shin Hye sits next to him.

 

          “How was your vacation?...” she asked.

 

          “Nothing special…I just got some air…” he smiles.

 

          Shin Hye looks at him. She’s right he still felt sad but now he’s happy.

 

          “You won’t fight anymore?...” she asked.

 

          He shakes his head. “Game Over…” he looks at her. “I know you’re worried too…but you don’t really have to worry…I’m really fine…”

 

          “I’m happy for you Oppa…and always remember…we all love you…” she said and hugs him.

 

          “I know…and I’m thankful…” he said.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

          ~ 2 weeks passed by ~

         

          It’s Sunday and Haha, Gary and Kwang Soo were watching television while Ja In prepared for their dinner.

 

          “You won’t give me a hand here?...” Ja In asked them.

 

          “You can do it Ja In-ah…We believe in you…” Kwang Soo said without looking at her.

 

          “Aigooooooo….” She just said then continues what she’s doing.

 

          “Oh~!! It’s Jong Kook Hyung!!!...” Kwang Soo shouted from excitement seeing his Hyung from the television.

 

          “Waaa this Hyung really…He already appears on tv without seeing us…” Gary said.

 

          “It’s his comeback…We heard you personally write the lyrics of the song…” the MC asked him.

 

          “Ne~…while searching…I find myself writing it…and I hope everyone will like it…” Jong Kook said.

 

          “Let’s not wait again…Here’s Kim Jong Kook ‘You should be happy’…” the MC said and Jong Kook started to sing.

 

“As I passed the street after a long time,

The thoughts that I’d had more than hundreds of times came into my mind.

Although I come across you on the street,

I think I wouldn’t feel awkward now.

 

Since the memories I’ve thought of became outworn,

I cannot remember them now for that.

The memories that were too perfect like a lie

and made me happy though I had nothing.

 

It would be really great if we met at least once.

So, it would be awesome if the memories

and tears we had loved like crazy got back.

 

The memories we loved each other remain.

But I don’t remember how I broke up with you.

I think I’ll not be able to leave here yet.

I wish you found your happiness at least.

 

It would be really great if we met at least once.

So, it would be awesome if the memories

and tears we had loved like crazy got back.

 

I have something that I want to ask you.

About how much you loved me.

And how much hatred you had to have to drift away like that.

So how you could forget all of the memories and tears we had loved like crazy.”

 

          He sings it with all his heart and everyone loves it.

 

          “Ja In-ah~!...It’s burning…” Gary shouted at her seeing the pan in fire.

 

          Ja In comes to her senses and hold the pan but she got burnt.

 

          “Are you okay?...” Haha said and looks at her hand the other two put the fire down. Gary immediately pours water on it.

 

          “I’m okay…I’m sorry…” she said and went up to her room. She leans to her door. She feels so heavy like her heart will break apart.  

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

          A week passed by, Jong Kook visited his Father. They’re now sitting towards each other.

 

          “Do you feel happy?...Do you even have just a bit…of love for your son?...” Jong Kook said seriously looking at his Father’s eyes.

 

          “I don’t have a son…” his Father coldly replies.

 

          Jong Kook smirks. “How foolish I am…sacrificing my happiness with the thought of being your son…I should help him…That I should give way…and let her be with him…You’re an evil…even back then…You never change…and yes…you are right…I don’t have a Father like you…and I’m not your son…”  

 

          He didn’t know that Ji Sub is hiding and listening to them. He already meet Jong Kook’s Father and he already left but when is about to start his car he saw Jong Kook aligting from his car. He got curious who will visit and he follows him.

 

          Ji Sub is flustered listening to them.

 

          “You’re really foolish…I…didn’t ask you anything…so go home…and never go back…” his Father said and leaves.

 

          Jong Kook stands and was about to go but Ji Sub appears in front of him and grabs his collar. He’s mad.

 

          “What did you do?...Why?!...WHHHYY~!!!!...WHY!!!!???!!....” Ji Sub shouted. His feelings were bursting. “You shouldn’t…you shouldn’t do anything…” he said and let go of his collar and leaves.

 

          He drives his car fast. Ji Sub feels so empty. His feelings were mixed but one is clear to him. Jong Kook left Ja In back then because of him, all for his own sake.

 

          He keeps on driving with all thought in his head and didn’t notice that he is out of lane. He is about to crush with the truck but then another car bumps his car and it’s the one who’s hit with the truck. From the impact Ji Sub only crushes from a tree and only hurt his head. He is still conscious and tries his best to alight from his car. He sees the car that crushes with the truck. When it should been him, he walks to the car then sees Jong Kook unconscious with blood on his head.   

 

          ~ 7PM, Hospital ~

 

          As soon as the Emergency mobile opens Ja In sees Ji Sub and runs to him. He has a bandage on his left part of his forehead. She hugs him. “Are you okay?...” she worriedly asks.

 

          Ji Sub nodded but his expression is so sad and said. “But he’s not…” and looks at the other Emergency mobile that Kim Jong Kook’s in. The Doctors and nurses gets him down from the mobile.

 

          Ja In was left awed looking at him. He’s covered with blood. “Hyung~…Jong Kook Hyung~…” she runs to him. “Hyung~…Hyung~…Wake up~….” She cries and follows where his going.

 

          Jong Kook is sent straight to the operating room. Ja In is left long at the door with tears flowing from her eyes. Ji Sub also follows and looks at her.

 

          “Jong Kook Hyung~!....” she shouted.