Chapter 10 - YMH

You're my Hyung

           Ja In was waiting at the park near their school. Donghae walks towards her. “Ja In-ah…” he said. Ja In turns and looks at him. “Wh-y are you he-re?...” she asked. She didn’t know why he was here. There is someone she expected to come and it’s not him.

          “I came here because I like you Ja In-ah…and I thank Jong Kook Hyung that he help me…and I know that you…like me too…” Donghae said.

          “I’m so-rry…but…it’s not you that I like…I’m really sorry…I think he misunderstood it…I thought it was him who I’ll be meeting here…” she explains and apologizes.

          “I-s tha-t so?...So it’s him that you like?...”

          “Ne~ Oppa…Mianhe~…You’re such a good and handsome person and everyone will surely like you…I want to be your friend…but the man who help you is the one that I really like…”

          “It’s amusing Ja In-ah…I didn’t knew it would be him…You never make it obvious…Well he’s lucky to have someone like you…and you’re lucky too he was such a wonderful person…I hope you’ll be happy…Friends?...”  Donghae said and moves his hand forward and she shakes it.

          Then Ja In wakes up. It was a dream, no it really happened. It happened back when she was still 18 years old. She always tells Jong Kook about Donghae because he was really famous in the school. She never thought that Jong Kook will conclude that she likes him, well yes that she has crush on him but it’s different.

          She always has these feelings towards her Hyung. It started like a bomb. She started to get jealous when there’s a woman around him and when he’s talking about another woman. It was crazy for her and she didn’t admit it right away. But as time goes by she was right, she loves her Hyung more than friends, that even though she knows that her Hyung only treats her as his little sister, she keeps on hoping that one day he’ll have the same feelings as hers.

~~~~~~~~~~

           It’s been week after the get away at the beach, Ja In and Jong Kook been avoiding each other. They never even met and eat together. Ja In went to her job and Jong Kook was still sleeping then and when Ja In goes home, Jong Kook leaves and sings to the restaurant his working.

          Ja In keeps trying to mind it at all but she keeps on thinking about him. It hurts her but she needs to understand it. Like what Jong Kook said, it’s not the same anymore. She has Ji Sub beside her now. But it drives her crazy that Jong Kook is being apart by her. She doesn’t know what to do now.

          Evening 11:00PM, Ja In was at the rooftop and drinking some beer. Then Haha sits beside her and open one of the canned beers. “What are you doing here alone Ja In-ah?...” Haha asked her.

          “Nothing Oppa…I’m just thin-king…” she responded.

         “Thinking of what?...You can tell me…”

          Ja In looks at him, trying so hard not to cry. “Op-pa…I don’t know wha-t to do…I miss Jong Kook Hyung…I miss him so mu-ch…but…he keeps on avoiding me…You knew it right?...I know you notice it already…I’m trying to understand him…but it just I can’t…I don’t want him to avoid me…If Ji Sub will get jealous if were so close how about you guys?...We’re also close…”

          “But unlike you…It’s different Ja In-ah…Can you be honest with me?...Answer me with just a ‘Yes’ or ‘No’…Araseo?...” Haha said then Ja In nodded. “You…like Ji Sub right?...” Haha asked.

          “Yes…” she replies.

          “Did you perhaps…still have feelings to Jong Kook Hyung?...” Haha asked her and looks at her eyes.

          Ja In stops a moment and said. “Yes…I think I still do…When Ji Hyo Unnie came back I always feel the same pain like before…”

          “Do you love Ji Sub?...”

          Ja In thinks and put her hand into her chest. “Do I?...” Ja In thought.

          “Ja In-ah…You should clear up things…’Like’ is not the same as ‘Love’…It’s totally different…Let your heart decide…if you didn’t settle it right away…You’ll keep on hurting and Ji Sub will be hurt too…”

          “But Oppa what if--…”

          “Don’t be afraid…Love will always comes with hurt…when you choose to love you should accept the fact that you’ll also get hurt…but what right is you take the risk to fight for what you really feel…Who knows…you can never tell Ja In-ah…but what will your decision is…I’ll always support you my little sister…”

          “Gomawo Oppa…” she said and hugs him.

          “He was right…I need to set things right…I’m not the only one hurting…I’m not being honest to Ji Sub…” Ja In thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Ji Sub was excited to see her. Ja In calls him and she wants to meet at the coffee shop near the office. Ji Sub went and sees her. He sits towards her. “Hi…” Ji Sub greeted her and kisses her forehead.

          Ja In didn’t even smile to him and it bothers him. It wasn’t like her. “Hey is there a problem?...” he asked.

          She sighs and bit her lower lip. “Ji Sub Op-pa…I ne-ed to tell yo-u something impo-rtant..” she said.

          “What is it?...” Ji Sub asked seriously. He doesn’t like the mood. It makes him nervous. It feels like something bad will happen.

          “I…” Ja In hearts beats crazy from nervousness. “I’m…breaking up…with you Ji Sub Oppa…”

          Then like a bomb Ji Sub can’t believe what he heard. He looks at her with questions in his eyes. “Wh-y?...Is there some-thing that I did wro-ng?...Tell me…”

          “Op-pa…No the-re is no-thing wrong…It was me…I’m sorry…I’m really sorry…”

          “No…I know there is something…Ja In-ah…I love you…Please don’t do this…” Ji Sub pleaded her. He was hurt. He can’t accept it.

          “I’m sorry…I’m so-rry Op-pa…I don’t want you to get hurt--…”

          “But I’m hurting right now…”

          “I don’t want to…hurt you anymore…I ilke you but…I…can’t even…say….that I love you Oppa…Mianhe~…You didn’t do anything wrong…it was me…I’m reall-y so-rry…” she cried.

          Ji Sub wipes his tears. “Then I was right…You have feelings for your Hyung…I told him to avoid you because I’m afraid and jealous…”

          “You told hi-m tha-t...”

          “I see love in your eyes Ja In-ah…the way you look at him…the way you treat him…and I was…really afraid that what I thought was right…I tried to distant you from him…hoping your feelings will change…but I’m wrong…”

          “Mianhe Oppa…The truth is…I love him for years…God knows how long…then stop hoping…I got tired and forget this feelings of mine…but it’s still here…and I’m afraid that it will never change anymore…that’s why…I’m letting you go…I’m being too unfair…I’m really sorry…I’ll understand if you’ll get mad at me…I’m sorry and thank you for loving someone like me…” she said and leaves.

 

          Ji Sub was left blank. It hurt shim so much. The first woman that he loves leaves him. “Why can’t it be me Ja I-ah?...I love you…Can you just come back to me?...” Ji Sub thought.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

               Ja In decides to meet her Hyung. She really wants to see him. She wants to talk to him and tell what her feelings are. It took her years to keep her feelings to him. Now is the right time. She needs to tell it to him and accept the result of it.

             She went into the restaurant where he sings. She walks and sees him at the stage.

            “This is for you…Song Ji Hyo…” Jong Kook said and looks at Ji Hyo who was at one of the table with her friends. Her friends giggle and felt jealous with her then Jong Kook started to sing.

 

 

“naege eonjen-ga wattdon neo-ye eolgureul gi-eokhae

It always appeared before me your face, I remember
meomchwoittdeon nae mameul mibgedo gojang nan nae gaseumul
My heart that stopped short you spitefully took my disfunctional heart
neo-ye hanhan misoga sibgedo yon-geoya

And with your bright smile that's how you easily opened my heart
 

geurae geureohke naega neo-ye sarami dwen geoya

It's true, that is how I became your man
motnattdeon nae joo okdeuri ijen giokjoo cha an na

All my unpleasant memories, I no longer recall
nareul kkok jameul soni boomcheoram ttatteuthaeseo

Because the hand that holds me tight is as warm as spring

ije kkumcheoreom nae mameun keudae gyott'e kamanhi meomchwoseoyo

And now like a dream my heart has gradually stopped by your side
han sun-gando kkae-ji anhneun kkeut'obneun kkumeul kkwoyo

Without awakening for a single moment, I dream an endless dream


ije sumcheoreom nae gyot'e hangsang swimyo geureohke isseojumyon

And now like breathing, if you were to always rest by my side if you were to always remain this way
Nothing better, nothing better than you
Nothing better, nothing better than you


ije kkumcheoreom nae mameun keudae ppume kamanhi an-gyo-ittjyo

And now like a dream, my heart in your embrace, is held still
han sun-gando kkae-ji anhneun kkeut'obneun kkumeul kkoojyo

Without awakening for a single moment, I dream an endless dream


ije sumcheoreom nae gyot'e hangsang swimyo geureohke isseojumyon
And now like breathing, if you were to always rest by my side if you were to always remain this way
Nothing better, nothing better than you
Nothing better, nothing better than you
Nothing better, nothing better than you”

 

Nothing Better by Jung Yeop of Brown Eyed Soul

           Ja In just stares at them. Her heart aches a lot. Years passed still he’ll never look at her like what he does to her. She can’t take it anymore. She leaves at the restaurant and went to Han River and drink soju.

          While at the restaurant, Ji Hyo walks towards Jong Kook and handed her hand. Jong Kook grabs it and shakes her hand. “Thank you for doing my request…You sang it very lovely…You’re really jjang…” Ji Hyo said.

           “Thank you…for always listening to me…You’re such a wonderful friend…”

           “You’re always welcome Oppa…I’m wishing the best to the both of you…Maybe next time I came back…your already together…”

           “Maybe…just maybe…Take care there…” Jong Kook said and he hugs her. Ji Hyo will leave tomorrow. She’ll go back to LA.

~~~~~~~~~~

           3:00AM, Jong Kook is waiting in front of the gate of his house. As he arrives lately Haha said that Ja In wasn’t home yet. He keeps on calling her but she wasn’t answering. This seems a habit to him. He keeps on worrying at her or he can’t stop worrying at her.

          Then he sees her, wobbly walking and seems drunk. He walks towards her and hold her shoulders. “Don’t you know what hour is it?...What if something bad happens to you?!...Why aren’t you answering your calls?!...” Jong Kook shouted at her.

          Ja In smirks at him. “Now…you’re worri-ed…You’re soooooo bad Kim Jong Kook…”

          “Of course I’m worried…I’m worried sick about you…Why did you drank so much?...You should have called anyone from them…”

          “Be-cause of you…” she said that makes Jong Kook stares at her. Ja In looks at him in his eyes. She’s drunk but she knows what she’s doing.

          “You’re drunk…Let’s just go inside and you should sleep…” Jong Kook said and tried to carries her but she refuses.

          “Hyung…Jong Kook Hyung…” she said and faces him. Jong Kook doesn’t know what to do with her. He just looks at her. It’s been a week but he misses her already. “Op-pa…Jong Kook Oppa…” she stops and tears started to form in her eyes. “Sarang-hae…” she said and tip toed then pressed her lips against him. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Waaaaaaaaahhhhh >///<
Thank you for reading ^~^