Chapter 23 - YMH

You're my Hyung

           Jong Kook alights from his car and opens the gate then walks in. He saw Ja In on the ladder putting the bulb on the ceiling. He was staring at her and smiles consciously. She was just plain and simple yet beautiful. As the ladder shakes, he quickly runs and catch her.

          “Got you…” Jong Kook said and smiles. He was so close to her and his heart was pouding. They stare at each other but Ja In turns away and moves down from his arms.

          “Thank you Hyung…” she said still can’t look at him staright.

          “Why are you doing that?...You almost got hurt…Where are they?...” Jong Kook said and went inside the house. “YAH~!...” he shouted to get their attentions. Haha was in the kitchen and the two went out from their room. “Wae Hyung?...” Haha asked. “Who told you to let Ja In do that?...” Jong Kook said with bit tension in his voice. Ja In came in and sees that her Oppa’s were a bit nervous. “Hyung~…It’s not there fault…I volunteered…” she said to him.

          “Is that so?...Okay…but you three…Don’t do that again…She almost fell it’s a relief I’m able to catch her…” he warns them. “Araseo Hyung…” the three said once. Gary smiles to himself seeing his Hyung worrying to Ja In like the old times.

          “Why are you here Superstar Hyung?...” Gwang Soo asked.

          “Hmmmm…I came to have dinner party…with you guys and the others…but I have a problem…” Jong Kook said.

          “What is it?...” Haha said.

          “I want to do the grocery but…I can’t…”

          “Ohhhh…Our superstar Hyung can’t even go to the grocery now…Wooaaah…You’re really famous…Daebak!...” Gwang Soo was amazed.

          “Don’t worry Hyung…we’ll do the groceries…” Gary said. Ja In, Gwang Soo and Gary leave and went to the grocery.  Haha and Jong Kook were left. Jong Kook looks at the picture frames at the living room. It was still the same pictures. The picture of all of them with Ja In, the day he graduated with Ja In and also the day she graduated with him. “Those bright smiles…have faded away…” Jong Kook thought. He smiles sadly. Haha noticed him and he felt sad for his Hyung. He knew it. Jong Kook will never forget Ja In. He will always love her no matter what. “Hyung…Your decision…are you regretting it?...but she’s now happy…What should you do?...” Haha thought.

         ~~~~~~~~~~

          After an hour, it’s already 4PM, they arrived from the grocery. “Oh where is Hyung?...” Gwang Soo asked Haha. “He’s in my room…sleeping…He’s really tired so I let him rest…” Haha respond.

          “Ahhh…Okay…let’s start cooking…” Gwang Soo said.

          They started cooking. Their menu is beef kalbi, ddeokbokki, kimbap and samgyupsal.

          7PM, they finished cooking. They already set the table outside the garden. “We’re done…” Haha said. “Someone wakes Jong Kook Hyung…his visitors were going to arrive already…” he added. Gwang Soo and Gary looks at eac other, calculating who would do it.

 

          “Ja In-ah…Go wake him up…” Gwang Soo said. Ja In was a bit flustered. She doesn’t want to but those two can’t wake him up. They’re scared to Jong Kook. “Aigooo…you three…he won’t bite you know…” she said and walks inside the house and went to Haha’s room.

 

          He was lying on the bed still in dreamland. She gets near him and pats his shoulder. “Hyung…” she said but he didn’t response. “Hyung…wake up…Hyung…” she said again while patting his shoulder.

 

          Jong Kook tilts to his right side. “5 mintues Shin Hye-yah…” he said with husky voice. Ja In felt a thug in her heart hearing him saying her name.

 

          “Hyung…” she said and pats his shoulder but Jong Kook holds her hand and pulls her beside him. He hugs him tightly. “I said 5 minutes…” he said still his eyes were closed. Ja In can’t breathe having him this close. “So you were like this to her…” Ja In thought.

          Jong Kook knows that it was her. “Just this moment Ja In-ah…I really miss you…and I don’t know what to do anymore…my decision…I don’t know if I can still hold unto it…” Jong Kook thought.

          They stay like that for 5 minutes when she noticed that Jong Kook fell asleep again. She removes his arms that was hugging her and gets up from the bed. Ja In inhales and exhales composing herself, and then she slaps Jong Kook’s shoulder. Jong Kook who was just pretending to be asleep sits on the bed and looks at her, confused.

          “YAH~!...” he complains. “Why are you hitting someone who was sleeping?...” he added.

          “Aigooo…we already finish cooking Your Highness…You should wake up because your guest might arrive already…” she nagged and went out of the room. Jong Kook just smiles with sadness in his eyes. “Mianhe Ja In-ah…” Jong Kook said in his mind.

       

~~~~~~~~~~

          7:30PM, Choi Min Ho and Si Won arrived. Jong Kook smiles brightly seeing them. “Hyung…” Si Won said and hugs him. “It’s been a long time…I miss you…” Si Won added. Jong Kook pats his back. “Aigooo so you still have that one-sided love to me huh…” Jong Kook said.

          “That’s our secret…” Si Won unhugs him and smiles.

          “Min Ho-yah…I’m glad you came… looks like your schedule wasn’t that tight…” Jong Kook said and hugs him.

          Min Ho smiles. “Because you’ve been in our industry Hyung…You’re really jjang…”

          The two also greeted Gary, Haha and Gwang Soo. Ja In who gets the lettuce from the kitchen came out and sees them. “Ja In-ah…” Si Won said and waves his hand. “Hi Si Won Oppa…” she smiles. “Hi Noona…” Min Ho greets her. “Oh you’re here Min Ho-yah…you look more handsome…” she said.

          They sitted at the table and chatted while waiting for the others.

          “Ja In-ah...Is Ji Sub Hyung coming?...” Si Won asked.

          “Ani~…”

          “But why? Is it because of Jong Kook Hyung?...”

          The others were flustered by what he said. Ja In just smiles. “He was at Macau that’s why…” she said calmly. Si Won notices the atmosphere so he just shuts up and talks other things.

          8:00PM, Shin Hye with the guys arrived. They greeted each other and sit with them. Chair arrangement in a circle form: Jong Kook->Shin Hye->Min Hyuk->Jong Hyun->Jung Shin->Yong Hwa->Ja In->Si Won->Haha->Gwang Soo->Min Ho->Gary->Jong Kook).

          “CNBLUE is in the house…” Haha shouted and cheer. “Let’s eat…” he added. They started eating. Jong Kook was giving Shin Hye a piece of kimbap and Ja In saw it. She focused herself on her food. “What are you doing?!...Don’t look at them…” Ja In said in her mind.

           Yong Hwa who was just quiet talks to her. “It’s really delicious…” he said.

          “Thank you…We prepared it…We have a restaurant you can come too…” she smiles. Yong Hwa nodded and smiles a bit.

          After they ate, Ja In with Si Won and Haha cleans the dishes. As they finish and back to their seats, they started having drink. They chatted with each other. At 10PM, Haha insisted a game called Son Byung Ho game. (You will hold out five fingers and say something that you’ve actually done and that other people might have done too. If someone else has done it, then they have fold a finger down. Like if Haha said “Fold if you have boyfriend/girlfriend” then the one who has no left fingers has to drink).

          Jong Kook was first. “Fold if you like ramyeon…” he said. All of them folds one of their fingers. “Yah Hyung…that’s too much…That’s a must…you were just the one who doesn’t like it…” Gwang Soo complains. Jong Kook just smiles at him. The game just continues, all of them have their soju bomb except Jong Kook. He was always the one who has a left finger in every round.

          The next game was insisted by Si Won, the Saranghae game (You’ll say “Saranghae/I love you” to the person beside you; you can accept it and turn to the next person; or they can reject it and say “kkeojyo/get lost”. If either the person laughs then they have to drink, so you should need to keep a straight face).

          Min Ho started it. H looks at Gwang Soo with a serious face. “Saranghae…” he said. Gwang Soo maintains his straight face. “Get lost…” he responsed. He then turns to Haha, while Haha was doing his evil face. “Saranghae…” Gwang Soo said composing himself not to laugh. “Get…lost now…” Haha said and Gwang Soo burst laughing. “Yah~!...” Haha shouted at him and they drink.

          It was Si Won’s turn. He holds Ja In’s hand and stares at her eyes. “You were really pretty Ja In-ah…Be part of my life…Saranghae…” he said. Ja In just nodded and turns to Yong Hwa. “I was a fan of your songs…and you were so handsome…Saranghae…” she said trying her best not to smile but as she sees Yong Hwa smiles a bit, she also smiles. “Yah~ Yah~…You already have your boyfriend Ja In-ah…Why are you blushing?...” Si Won complains. Jong Kook was just looking at them. The game continues with the next one until it was Shin Hye’s turn. Ja In tried her best not to look at them but she can’t.

          Shin Hye looks at Jong Kook’s with a serious face. “You’re voice was like a music to my ear…Can I be a part of your life?...Sara-ng-hae…” she said. Jong Kook smiles and felt shy. “Yah Hyung~!...What’s wrong with you?!...” Gwang Soo shouted. Ja In feels her heart tightens.

~~~~~~~~~~

          At 1AM, the entire guest went home except of Jong Kook. Gwang Soo didn’t stop until he approves to stay. Haha was already snoring but he still can’t sleep. He went out of his room and went to the rooftop. Then he saw Ja In sitting at the bench. “You’re still awake…” he said and sat beside her. “You too…” she said.

          They bothe feel awkward but they didn’t want to show it.

          “Congratulations Hyung…you were so famous now…Your Eomma was surely happy…” Ja In said and looks at the sky.

          “Thank you Ja In-ah…She sure is…” he said and also looks at the sky. “Hopefully she was happy for me…” Jong Kook thought.

          “Tell what Australia looks like Hyung…” Ja In said and Jong Kook told her everything. Ja In fel sleepy and she falls asleep with her head into his shoulder. Jong Kook stops talking and looks at her. He puts her hair at the back of her ears that was covering her face with his hand.

          “Can I you come back to me Ja In-ah?...because I love you…always and forever…” he said sincerely and moves his head then pressed his lips into hers.