Chapter 30 - YMH

You're my Hyung

Chapter 30

    "Please…let them be okay…I pray for you…” she thought.

    Time keeps passing by, Ja In can't stay still. She keeps on walking back and forth, biting her nails. Haha, Gary and Gwang Soo were too nervous also. Jung Woo Ahjussi is also there. 

 

    ~ Flashback, day before Ji Sub discharge from the hospital ~

 

    Ji Sub is getting out from his room holding his dextrose. Jung Woo Ahjussi sees him.

    "Where are you going?..." he asked him.

    "I'm going to be tested Ahjussi...for Jong Kook's liver transplant..." 

    Jung Woo Ahjussi smiles at him. "Let's go...I'll come with you..." 

    ~ Day when he visited Jong Kook ~

    Before going to the ICU, Ji Sub goes to check the result of the test. 

    "I'm here to get the result for a match..." he said.

    The nurse gave him the result. "Here Sir..." 

    "Thank you..." he said and opens it and reads it.

    As he gets out from the room Jung Woo Ahjussi is waiting for him. 

    "So how was it?... What's the result?..." Ahjussi asked him.

    Ji Sub smiles and hugs him. "I'm a match Ahjussi...I can now save him..." he said and felt so grateful. 

 

    ~ End of Flashback ~

 

    3 hours passed by, Ja In is still sitting waiting. Haha talks to her. 

    "You should eat Ja In-ah...Go Gary Hyung...Gwang Soo and I will stay here..." he said.

    "But Oppa..."

    "The operation will take hours...Don't worry...Jus get something to eat..."

    Then she went to the cafeteria wth Gary. After they finished eating, Haha and Gwang Soo eats too. 

    After another 5 hours of waiting, Ja In fell asleep in Gwang Soo's shoulder. The doctor gets out of the operating room. Haha and Gary gets up. Ja In wakes up too. 

    "How is it Doc?..." Haha asked.

    The doctor looks at them. They felt so tense. 

    "Success...the operation went well...They will be transferred at the recovery room..." 

    "Thank you Doctor..." they all said. They were so happy. "Thank you..." they said again and the Doctor left them. They have a group hug and tears keep falling from their eyes.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

    Two day passed by, Jong Kook is still unconcious but he's already in his room. The doctor said that he's getting better. 

    Ja In visited Ji Sub. 

    "Hi..." she smiles and brought some tangerine.

    "Hello...so how is he?..." 

    "Getting better...but still...unconcious..." she felt sad. 

    "He'll wake up...Just wait..." 

    "Ji Sub Oppa...I know I already say it and you're getting irritated...but...thank you so much...for saving him...for everything..." 

    "Aigoooooo...and I already say it...I'm grateful for saving him...always...He's my hyung..." Ji Sub smiles.

    "Yah~! Hyung??...Waaa Jinja..." she laughs.

    "Wae?...He will be my one and only hyung..." he laughs.

    Gwang Soo then rushes in his room. 

    "Ja In-ah..." Gwang Soo said catching his breath. 

    "Oppa...Waeyo?..."

    "Hyung...Jong Kook Hyung..." 

    "Is there something wrong?..." she worriedly asked.

    Gwang Soo shakes his head. "Aniya~...Jong Kook Hyung is already awake..."

    "Jinja?!~..." she can't believe it.

    Gwang Soo nodded and they run to Jong Kook 's room leaving Ji Sub. 

    "Finally you're awake...Jong Kook Hyung..." Ji Sub said and smiles. 

    "Ja In-ah...don't run too fast...you'll get hurt like that..." Gwang Soo warns her but she doens't listen she really wants to see him now.

    As she arrives in front of his room, she stops and catches her breath. Inhale, exhale and she opens the door. 

    Haha and Gary is beside him. They look at her and smiles. 

    Then she saw him. Lying on his bed with his eyes open. Her tears started to fall. Gary gave Haha a look that they should go out and they leftm leaving Ja In and Jong Kook alone.

    "Jong Kook Hyung..." she said. "Hyung..." she cried.

    "Yah~...come here..." Jong Kook said softly. 

    She walks towards him. 

    "Don't cry...Hmm..." he said and reaches for her hand. "Mianhe~ for making you scared like that..." he added.

    Ja In hugs him tightly. 

    Jong Kook pats her back. "I had a dream Ja In-ah...that you were there beside me...I always felt your hand holding mine...You never left...and you said...You always said...that you love me..." he stops, tears are already falling from his eyes too. Ja In looks at him and cups his face then wipes his tears. "It's really a nice dream...and I don't want to wake up..." he added staring at her. 

    Ja In shakes her head. "It's not a dream...because I...I will always love you..." she smiles with tears in her eyes. She wipes his tears and moves her head and planted a soft sweet kiss to his lips. 

    "Saranghae Ja In-ah..." he smiles. 

    "Saranghae my one and only Hyung..." she smiles and hugs him. 

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

    That night, Ji Sub visits Jong Kook. Jung Woo Ahjussi push his wheelchair to Jong Kook's room. Haha is there and he left the room to let the two talk alone, Jung Woo Ahjussi also come with him.

    "You're finally awake..." Ji Sub said.

    Jong Kook smiles at him. "Thank you...Really..." he said wholeheartedly. 

    Ji Sub smiles too. "Ani~ Thank you..for saving my life...and I'm happy to save you too...Hyung..."

    Jong Kook can't help but smile hearing him saying 'Hyung'. 

    "I heard you...that you will call me 'Hyung' even if I don't like it..." 

    "You really have no choice...Jong Kook Hyung..." Ji Sub laughs.

    "Araseo..." Jong Kook laughs too. "Aw..." they both said.

    "Our stitches will open if we laugh too hard..." Jong Kook said.

    "Mian~...How about a silent laugh?..." Ji Sub said and smiles playfully.

    The room was filled with laughs that they didn't even realize that Ja In is at the door listening to them. She smiles looking at them. "Who would have thought...that this two will be like this...I'm so happy for the both of you..." she thought. 

    "Stop being playful you two..." Ja In enters and warns them. 

    "We're just okay..." Jong Kook said and looks at Ji Sub and they can't help but laugh again. 

    "Aw..."' they both said again.

    "YAH~!!!...Off to bed you two~!..." she shouts at them. 

    The two stops. "Ne~..." they both said.

    "I'll bring you to your room Ji Sub Oppa..." she said and push Ji Sub's wheelchair.

    "I'll see you tomorrow Hyung..." Ji Sub said and waves his goodbye.

    "Ne~...Goodnight Ji Sub-ah...Hyung will wait for you..." he smiles and wave his hand. 

 

~ Ji Sub's Room ~

 

    Ja In helps him to lay on his bed. 

    "Don't overdo yourself Oppa...the stiches is still fresh and it will now get healed completely if you---..." she said while fixing his blanket. 

    "I'm okay...Are you happy?..." Ji Sub said. 

    Ja In nodded. "And you look so happy too..." 

    "I do..." he smiles. 

    "Thank you...I don't know how many times I'll say this to you...but I'm really grateful...and I know you have a big heart too..."

    "He's not just your Hyung Ja In-ah...Don't own him...He's my Hyung too..." Ji Sub boast to her.

    "Yah~!..." she gives him a look and smiles. "Araseo...He can be your one and only Hyung too...I'm not that greedy you know..." she added.

    Ji Sub smiles. "One thing I realize now...is that...I like Jong Kook Hyung more than you..." 

    "YAH~!....You....Don't tell me...." Ja In looking at him  strangely.

    Ji Sub laughs and his stitch hurt again. 

    "I told you don't overdo it..." Ja In said.

    "Araseo..." he said and smiles. "I'm happy you're smiling again Ja In-ah...and you will always have a special part in my life...Thank you for loving me..." he thought. 

    Ja In hold his hand and smiles. "Good night...Have a good sleep..." 

    He nodded and smiles back. "Good night..."

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

     Three weeks passed, Jong Kook have a check up. The doctor said to him that his liver is okay and shoulder too. But the problem is his leg. He needs  another operation and  therapy that's required him to go to Australia that have the advance technologies in his case. It wll take months to heal. 

    That night, Jong Kook asks his friends to help him decorate their rooftop and prepares dinner for Ja In. 

    Ja In came home. She opens the door and find no one. 

    "Oppa...Where are you?..." 

    She goes up and find hre three Oppa holding a sketch pad each. 

    Gwang Soo: "Go"
    Gary: "up"
    Haha: "We'll be quiet"

    The three put their finger to their mouth signing they won't disturb. 

    "You three...Jinja..." Ja In smiles at them and when upstairs. 

    Her heart is beating like crazy, She's too excited to see him. 

    "Hyung..." she smiles. 

    Jong Kook opens his hand widely and Ja In runs to him. They hug tightly.

    "What are you doing?...You should be resting..." she said.

    "I know...the three help me you know...Let's take a seat..." 

    They started eating. They keep on talking too. Ja Inexcitedly told him about her promotion in her work. 

    After they finish eating, Jong Kook thought its the right time to tell her.             
    
    "How's your check up earlier?..." she asks.

    "Actually I really need to talk to you about that..."

    Ja In felt too nervous. 

    "The Doctor said that everything is okay..."

    She felt relived. "Then that's good..."

    "But my leg isn't...They advised me to go to Australia...to have an operation and therapy..."

    "I will go with you..." 

    Jong Kook shakes his head. "Ani~...you won't go with me..."

    Ja In tears started to fall from her eyes. "But why?...I want to be there by your side..."

    "I know and I understand...Ja In-ah...it will take months...I see how you love your job now...and I won't let you go with me and leave that..."

    "But..." 

    Jong Kook wipes her tears. "I'll be coming back...without scratch and like this..." he said and get a box in his pocket. 

    "Ja In-ah...I love you and only you...How much I waited for you...I watch you grow...smile with you...Cry with you...You are my favorite person in the world...and I really want to live my life forever with you...Marry me..." he said with tears forming from his eyes. 

    Ja In smiles and nodded. "I will...and sure to comeback...Don't you dare look at other woman..." she warns him.

    Jong Kook put his hands in the air signing a surrender.

    "I'm all yours...Saranghae..." and he put the ring on her. 

    "Saranghae..." 

    Jong Kook grabs her face and kiss her sweetly. 

    Another week passed by, it's the day of departure of Jong Kook. They're all in the airport. 

    "You sure you'll be okay alone Hyung?..." Haha said asks him.

    "Who said I'll be alone..." Jong Kook said and wave to Ji sub who is walking towards them.

    All of them were in a "Heol" state looking the two smiling at them.

    "What's this all about you two?..." Ja In glares at them. "You won't let me go with you...but him..." 

    "Don't get mad Ja In-ah...Hyung is in good hands...I'll take care of him..." Ji Sub said and put his hands to Jong Kook shoulders. 

    "You better be..." Ja In said to him and smiles. "You two should take care..." 

    "Ne~...We'll be okay...and no woman at all...except with this man..." Jong Kook points at Ji Sub. 

    "So let's go..." Ji Sub said and he started to go inside. 

    Jong Kook hugs Ja In tightly. "You should take care too...Don't skip meals..." he said.

    "I will...You too..."

    "You three...you should take care too...and you're dead if something bad happens to her...Araseo?..." he said to the three.

    The three salutes him. "Ne~..." then runs to himand they group hug. "I'll be coming back in no time...I'll miss you all..."

    He kisses Ja In dearly. "I love you..."

    "Me too..."

    Then he leaves.

 

    ~~~~~~~~~~

 

    ~6 months passed...~

    Ja In is at her work. Browsing her laptop and then Ji Sub send a messages to her with a picture of them together with a beautiful woman wearing a white robe. 
    
    Ji Sub message: 'We're doing okay here...Jong Kook is getting well too...Who wouldn't be...he have a beautiiful Doctor...She's Dra. Shin Min Ah...Pretty right?...' 

    She closes it. "So what if the Doctor is pretty...This two really shouldn't be left alone...Hyung is getting naughty again...and Ji Sub Oppa is coping up very well with him...Aigoooo this two really..." she talks. 

    Night, She went home and found no one in the house. "Where this three Oppas?..." She will go up stairs when she receives a message. 

    My Hyung: 'I'll be here waiting at our favorite place...'

    She felt nervous and excited at the same time. She drives her car to Hangang River. As sooon as she arrives, she runs to their favorite spot and then she saw him, sitting there looking at the fountain. 

    "Yah~! You...Jinja..." she said and tears fall from her eyes.

    Jong Kook looks at her and wipe her tears. Ja In loos at his leg. Jong Kook move it to show her it's now okay. 

    "You didn't even contact me...for three weeks...You're so bad..." Ja In frowns. 

    Jong Kook smiles."I purposely didn't contact you...because I really miss you badly and I want too see you...as much as possible...I waited...and now I'm here...Won't you give me hug?..." he said and open his arms. 

    "You hug your pretty doctor instead..." 

    "Jealous?...Well she's sure pretty...and..."

    Ja In hits his chest. "YAH~!..."

    Jong Kook hugs her tightly. "Aigoooo my baby...don't be jealous...Did Ji Sub really send that picture?...Actually Ji Sub is the one who really likes her...They got along well too...That guy is still in Australia...and I think he won't be back not until she go with him here..." 

    "Jinja?..."

    "Jinja..."

    Ja In hugs him tightly too. "I miss you...Are you really now okay?..."

    Jong Kook looks at her. "Ne~...I can even carry you..." and he did.

    "Yah~!..." she blushes and looks at him. She touches his face.

    "I love you so much..." Ja In said. 

    "Always..." Jong Kook said. 

    Ja In moves close to him and kisses him.

 

~ The End ~