Chapter 7 - YMH

You're my Hyung

Flashback

          Jong Kook handphone rings. He answered it. “Yoboseyo…”

          “Kim Jong Kook-ssi…I’m So Ji Sub…Still remember me?...” Ji Sub said.

          “Ne~…Why did you call?...”

          “Can we meet?...I want to talk to you about Ja In-ssi…”

          Jong Kook knows what he wants to talk about. “Okay…Let’s meet…”

          They meet up in a coffee shop. Ji Sub was already there when Jong Kook arrives. They shake their hands and sit towards each other.

          “Thank you for coming Jong Kook-ssi…I know you’re standing as the guardian of Ja In-ssi…I’m here to ask for your help…I really like her…This days she keeps on avoiding me…I let her think but tomorrow can you ask her to go here…” Ji Sub handed him and address. “I’ll be waiting…” Ji Sub said with sincere voice.

          Jong Kook felt how sincere he is. “Ja In was really special to me Ji Sub-ssi…and if I’ll help you do you promise you’ll never hurt her?...” he asked.

          “I won’t…I promise…I know she’s like a sister to you…and I won’t let you down Jong Kook-ssi…If I’ve done that you’re welcome to punish me…” Ji Sub said while looking at his eyes.

          “Araseo…That’s a deal then…Get ready yourself when you ever tried to hurt her…I’m serious…She’ll come tomorrow…” Jong Kook said. They shook hands and both leave.

~~~~~~~~~

          9:00PM, Jong Kook closes his Gym early. He’s alone and keeps on punching the punching bag with all his might. He’s mad, extremely mad on himself. He was the most fool from the fools. Letting go and not fighting for her makes him feel like hell.

          He loves her for years for crying out loud. Yes, it was 10 years gap between them. At first he really just see her as sister but when there is someone who started courting her, makes him feel jealous like crazy. He thought it wasn’t right then. But he can’t control his feelings. He tried everything to erase and forget his feelings towards her but he can’t. It keeps on lingering into him. However, all these years he didn’t let her know. Jong Kook was afraid that she’ll distant herself from him. Ja In always treats him as a brother. So how will he say to her that he’s in love with her?

          He punches hard until he gets tired and lays down into the floor. “So this how it hurts?...Back then I’m able to take it…but now it’s hard for me…” Jong Kook thought and a tear fell from his eye.

          End of Flashback

~~~~~~~~~~

          Morning, Ja In went down and they all eat together but Jong Kook wasn’t around. “Where is Hyung? Haha Oppa…” she asked.

          “He leaves early…” Haha replied.

          While she’s eating Gary looks at her with a smile on his face. “Is there something wrong Gary Oppa?...” she asked full of curiosity. She also looks at Haha and Gwang Soo. Haha smiles like Gary but Gwang Soo stares at her with anger in his eyes. “Tell me…What’s wrong with you guys?...Did something happen?...” Ja In said.

          “Congratulations…You’re really jjang!...You have a CEO boyfriend…” Haha said.

          “You two look good together Ja In-ah…Congratulations!...” Gary also said.

          “Ho-w di-d you kno-w Oppa?...” she just said.

          “Jong Kook Hyung told us…” Haha said.

          Ja In narrowed her eyes. Her Hyung lied to her yesterday. But she’s a bit thankful though.

          “You betrayed me Ja In-ah…” Gwang Soo said with hatred. “Aigooo there you go again Gwang Soo-yah…” Haha said.

          Ja smiles at him. She’s happy though. It’s her first time having a boyfriend. Back then someone courted her but he doesn’t like him because there is someone she likes back then.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Three weeks passed by easily, Ji Sub was sweet to her. She didn’t even imagine that CEO So Ji Sub was like that. He always has a surprise to her. They’re in the stage to know each other better. Ja In discovers that Ji Sub’s parents were murdered and that’s the reason that he started to change. Ji Sub also knows that Jong Kook is her long time friend. Ji Sub felt jealous though but he knows there are no other feelings between them besides being like siblings. They’re coping up with each other. They were both happy.

          Ja In hardly sees her Hyung. She doesn’t know why. Jong Kook just said he’s busy with something. She doesn’t want to think that he’s avoiding her because she doesn’t know on what reason. Ji Sub always brings her home but every time that happens Jong Kook is not around. He always comes home late. It’s isn’t like him and it makes her worried.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Ja In went to Ji Sub’s office because he texted her. She enters but he’s not in his sit. Ji Sub came from Japan. He’s there for two days because of business.

          “Where is he?...Aigooo this man rea---…”

          Someone hugs her from her back that flustered her. “Yah~!...” she shouted. It was Ji Sub. “You’re getting mad easily my Ja In…” Ji Sub smiles.

          Ja In faces him. “Because you’re always playing tricks like that Oppa…”

          “Mianhe~…” he said and hugs her. “I miss you…”

          “I miss you too…” she replies. Ji Sub moves his face closer to her and kisses her lips. He let go of her lips and looks at her. “Let’s eat dinner later…”

          “Okay…Then I’ll be back to my work…” she said. Ji Sub didn’t want to let go of her hand. “Mr. CEO…” she warns him.

          “Araseo…” Ji Sub said and removes his hand into hers.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Dinner, Ja In and Ji Sub went into a classy restaurant that has a small stage with someone singing. They order and eat. Then music played and someone sang that makes Ja In turn her head to look who it is.

“kkwae o rae dwaesseo nae mami jogeum ssig byeon hagi shijak hanji
It’s been a long time, from the time when my heart gradually started to change,
honja seo goerowo hanji
and the time I began to feel alone
eonje buteon gani gabol ttaemada
From some point whenever I saw you,
neoreul ulli neun namjaga neomu nami wosseo
I hated the guy who was making you cry

          Ja In was surprised and amazed. Jong Kook was at the stage singing. It’s her first time hearing him sing. Her eyes were locked to him. Ji Sub noticed her looking at the stage and he also looks at it.

“charari naega neoljiki neunge
Sometimes I wonder if it’s better
na eul jido moreun daneun saenggagi
if instead I protect you,
ije neun naega neol ana jugo
From now on, rather than letting you go –
sarang hae jugosipdan saenggagi deureosseo
I’m beginning to want to love you

Baby (baby) ije neun naegewa (naegewa)
Baby, come to me now
And Be my lady neomu na oraet dongan
and be my lady, for much too long
ji kyeo bwasseo mal eopsiseoseo
I’ve watched over you and stood silently,
anta kkaun gaseumeul sumgimyeo
and hid my heart’s feelings of sadness

chinguro chinguro jinaeya handani yuro
For the reason, the reason that we had to stay as friends.
mokka icha ollat deon
I wanted to tell you many timesgeu gobaegeur chamaya haesseo
but I held onto my confession
hajiman ije neun gobaek halkke
but I held onto my confession
neoreul sarang hae
I love you

Nae soneul japgo, nabakke eopdamyeo
You hold my hand, and say you only have me,
Nagateun chingeureul dunge jeongmal keun chukbugiramyeo
and that a friend like me is a really big blessing,
Byeonchi mallago mareul hal ttaemada
Whenever you speak to me every time
Jogeumsshik jarananeun nae sarangeul nulleoseo
you press my love a little more
 

charari naega neoljiki neunge
Sometimes I wonder if it’s better
na eul jido moreun daneun saenggagi
if instead I protect you,
ije neun naega neol ana jugo
From now on, rather than letting you go –
sarang hae jugosipdan saenggagi deureosseo
I’m beginning to want to love you

Baby (baby) ije neun naegewa (naegewa)
Baby, come to me now
And Be my lady neomu na oraet dongan
and be my lady, for much too long
ji kyeo bwasseo mal eopsiseoseo
I’ve watched over you and stood silently,
anta kkaun gaseumeul sumgimyeo
and hid my heart’s feelings of sadness

A friend’s confession by 2AM

          Everyone claps as he finishes singing. Ja In and Ji Sub also clap with his performance. She was really amazed. She never saw this side of her Hyung.

          Jong Kook went down the stage and walks. Ja In said to Ji Sub that she go to her Hyung. She walks towards him excitedly but someone made her stop.

          Jong Kook stops when a woman stops in front of him. “It’s been a long time Oppa…” she said and smiles at him.

          “Song Ji Hyo…” Jong Kook utters her name. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Omo omo?! ~_~