Chapter 29 - YMH

You're my Hyung

         “Jong Kook Hyung~!....” she shouted.

          Ja In unsteadily sits and tears keeps on falling from her eyes. She felt so scared.  Ji Sub didn’t dare to get near her. He can’t even move his feet to walk towards her. He turns his back and walk away.

           He gets his handphone and calls Haha and told him that Jong Kook is in the hospital.

          He felt so weak and sits. Tears started to form into his eyes. Just then Jung Woo arrives.

          “Are you okay?...” he asked him then sat beside him.

          Ji Sub looks at him and he started to cry. Jung Woo Ahjussi hugs him and pat his back.

 

~ Outside the Operating Room ~

          Haha, Gary and Gwang Soo arrive.

          “Ja In-ah…” Haha said.

          Ja In turns to him and started to cry again. “Oppa…Ottokae?...Ottokae?...Uri Hyung…” she said.

          “He’ll be fine…I’m sure…You know him…He’s strong…” Haha said to make her somehow feel okay. He notices that Ja In is trembling too. “Just stay calm Ja In-ah…” he added.

          “What happen?...” Gary asked.

          She shakes her head. “I don’t know…I rush here because I got a call from Jung Woo Ahjussi…that Ji Sub---…” she suddenly stops. She forgets about him. “He’s he—re…” she said and turns around but no sign of him.

          “And?...” Gwang Soo said.

          “That he got into an accident…and then I saw Jong Kook Hyung…he’s covered with blood…He…Hyung…” she felt nervous again thinking how Jong Kook looks when she sees him.

          Haha pats her back. “It will be okay…He’ll be okay…” he assures her.

          Ja In nodded. “He will…be okay…” she said.

          After 5 hours, the operation is done. The Doctor gets out and all of them stand.

          “Is he now okay Doctor?...” Gary asked.

          “He’s out of danger…” Doctor said and they felt relieved. “There is dislocation on his right shoulder and broken bones on his left knee…but…we needed a liver transplant…” the Doctor explains.

          “Transplant?~…You said he’s out of danger…” Ja In said.

          “For now…We did everything we could…but the left lobe of his liver was too damaged…He is in a critical condition…We need to find a match for a transplant…” Doctor said.

          “We will test if were compatible…” Haha said.

          “He’ll be in ICU…then…I’ll be going…” Doctor said and leaves.

          “Jong Kook Hyung~…” Gwang Soo said sadly.

          They can’t believe it. Haha looks at Ja In. She’s in a dazed. He holds her hand and gave a nod. “We will fight for him…together…”he smiles a bit. Ja In grips his hand holding hers. “Ne~ Oppa…together…” she said. Then the two also looks at Gary and Gwang Soo. “Together…” the two said too.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

~ Ji Sub’s hospital room, Morning ~

          Jung Woo Ahjussi insisted he should be confined and get tested. Ji Sub forgot his own injuries after following Ja In. Ahjussi is right, beside his head injury he also dislocates his elbow. He got casted on it.

          Ji Sub is lying on his bed and turn on the television.

          “Did you meet Ja In?..I called her to come here…” Jung Woo Ahjussi asked.

          He only nodded.

          NEWS HEADLINE: Singer KIM JONG KOOK got into an accident and severely injured! – appeared on the TV with pictures of his car.

          “What really happen Ji Sub-ah?...”

          “He…saves me…and…I…don’t even have the…courage to go to her…and say what actually happened…I’m so scared Ahjussi…” Ji Sub said trembling.

          He also told Ahjussi what he discovered and how the accident happened.

          Jung Woo Ahjussi stands up and pulled his blanket. “You need to rest…Go to sleep first…” he said worriedly.

          Ji Sub felt sleepy because of the anti biotics. When he is already sleeping, Ahjussi went out of his room and look for Ja In. He didn’t find her but he saw Gary.

          “I’m looking for Ja In-ssi…” he asked Gary.

          “She went home Ahjussi…”

          “I saw the news…How’s Kim Jong Kook-ssi?...”

          “It’s not good…He’s in critical condition now…We need to find a compatible match for a liver transplant…”

          “Is that so?...I will get tested too…”

          “Thank you Ahjussi…”

          “Then…I’ll be going…” he said and leaves.

          He went back into Ji Sub’s room and looks at him and can’t help but sob.He treats Ji Sub like his own. He feels so sorry to him.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

          Evening, Ja In is preparing food for Gary and Gwang Soo who is in the hospital. Haha is currently in his bedroom preparing to go.

          The TV is on and then a news headline appears.

          “Singer KIM JONG KOOK, a hero…We all know what happened to him yesterday… and this is the CCTV footage of the car accident…” the anchor said then the CCTV footage plays.

          Ja In looks at it intently. Haha who is in his room went out. “What is it?...” Haha asked then looks at the TV.

          They all saw how the car of Kim Jong Kook bumps the other car and got hit by the truck. Ja In tears started to fall.

          “He saves a life…that’s why everyone loves him…He really have a heart of an angel…the CEO of Caleb, So Ji Sub is the one he saves…according to the side of Ji Sub-ssi is also at the hospital and got injuries too…We all hope for their recovery…” the anchor man ended.

          Ja In was flustered. Haha also feels the same.

          While at the hospital Ji Sub also seen the news. His heart tightens and his mind was too confused.

          “She seen in too…” he said to himself. “What should I do?...” he added.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

          ~ Next Morning @ the Hospital ~

 

          Shin Hye with the others visited Jong Kook. They also got tested for the liver match.

Ja In with his Oppas was also there. Jong Kook is still the same. He isn’t waking up. The Doctor advised to quickly find a donor. The hospital is also looking but looking for a match is to hard.

          Ja In isn’t stillvisiting Ji Sub. She doesn’t know how to face him. She knows it’s not his fault but she finds it too hard. Afte completely forgetting him before, she can’t find herself to talk to him. She’s too focus to his Hyung. On the other side, she felt so guilty,. Jong Kook and her are still not in good terms.  

          “I got the result for the test…” Gary said. They all looks at him, feeling hopeful. Gary looks at the paper.

          “What is it Hyung?...” Gwang Soo asked.

          Gary looks at Ja In and shakes his head disappointed. “We’re all negative…” he said.

          Ja In felt like a cold water splash all over her body. “Hyung…Ottokaji?...” she thought.

          Gwang Soo patted her shoulder. “We will find a match…” he smiles.

 

          ~ 4:00 PM, Ji Sub’s room ~

 

          Haha visits him. He sat and looks at him.

          “Haha Hyung…” Ji Sub said.

          “How are you feeling?...Are you okay?...” he said.

          Ji Sub looks at him intently and felt so guilty. “I’m okay…How’s Jong Kook-ssi?...”

          “Still the same…We still can’t find a donor…”

          “I….I’m…so sorry…” he said with his head down.

          Haha pats his shoulder. Ji Sub looks at him. “It’s not your fault…” he said.

          “But I…It should be me…He just saves me…It should be me…”

          “Jong Kook Hyung does everything with love…He is fool man who won’t think about himself first…”

          “You knew…what he did for me…” Ji Sub said.

          Haha nodded. “I stop him…but…he feels he needed too…Jong Kook Hyung grow up without a Father…that’s why he loves her Mother so much…but he didn’t want to close his doors to his Father…That’s why even though his Father won’t accept him he still go to him and see him if he’s okay…”

          “It’s not his fault…What his Father did to my parents…It’s not his fault…”

          “Are you mad at him?...for doing that?...”

          Ji Sub shakes his head. “Aniyo~…I felt so sorry…because I understand him…even I will do that…It’s just…I feel so heavy…”

          “Go see him…don’t blame yourself…” Haha smiles at bit to him. “Then I’ll be going…” he added and leaves.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

          ~ After 2 Days, Evening ~  

            Ji Sub visits Jong Kook. He is already discharge yesterday but still has a cast on his elbow. He walks to the ICU. He saw Jong Kook through the mirror wall. He is lying on the bed with cast on his shoulder and leg still unconscious. Ja In is also inside holding his hand. She wipes her tears and she felt someone is looking at them. She turns and saw Ji Sub outside.

          She went outside. She looks at him, still finding her words.

          “I want to see him…” Ji Sub said.

          Ja In just gave a nod of approval. Ji Sub gets a mask and robe then get inside.

          Ji Sub tears started to form. Looking at him closely, he felt so sorry.

          “It’s me…Ji Sub…I don’t know where to start…but first I want to say…how thankful I am…for saving me…for giving me a chance to be loved…for everything…You really are an amazing person…No wonder everyone loves you…” he said and wipes the tears faling from his eyes.

          Ja In is looking at him. She felt so sad too.

          Ji Sub holds his hand. “GAME OVER…You win this time…Jong Kook Hyung…” he smiles a bit. “Can I call you like that?...I will though…even if you don’t like it…So wake up…wake up because she’s so scared already…Wake up and hug her tightly…and never let her go again…Jinja Gomawo…” he said and felt hurt but happy at the same time. He wipes her tears and gets out.

          “Coffee?...” he said to Ja In.

          “Ne~…” she said and they went into the hospital coffe shop.

          Ji Sub orders the coffee and after he sits towards Ja In.

          “I’m sorry…I’m…really…sorry…” Ja In said. She finall had the courage to talk to him. For days, she keeps on thinking. She felt awful and mad at herself. She is still girlfriend of Ji Sub but she acts like she’s Jong Kook girlfriend. But she can’t even move her feet away from Jong Kook. That after pushing him away, she realizes one thing after seeing Jong Kook that night. She can’t lose him. “And I’m---…” she added but didn’t finish. She wants to say how she really feels.

          “I know…” Ji Sub said and looks at her then smiles a bit. “And I…understand…I just want to talk to you too…because I want to say something…” he stops. “I’m…a lucky person because I get the chance to be loved by you…and It will be a happy memory in my life…Thank you…for loving me…and for everything…I’m really…thankful…” he smiles to her.

          Ja In tears started to fall. Ji Sub moves his hand to wipe her tears. “Everything will be okay…” he said.

          “I’m sorry…I don’t know what to say…” she said between her cries.

          “And I also want to tell you…that I’m the reason why Jong Kook left you…because he felt too indebted when he knew that his Father killed my parents…that’s why don’t hate him…” he confesses.

          She cries even more. Ji Sub stands and hugs him and pats her back.

 

~ Next Day ~

 

          “We found a match donor…We will immediately prepare for the operation…” the Doctor said to them.

          “Jinja?!~…” Gwang Soo shouted overwhelmed. They all felt happy ad have a group hug.

          After the preparation, Jong Kook is moved to the operation room and they all follow. He is sent inside the Operating Room. They all sat down to wait but seeing Ji Sub on the stretcher also being moved to the Operating Room. They all stand and gets near him.

          “It’s you…” Ja In said.

          He smiles. “He’ll be okay…”

          Ja In holds his hand and grips it. Ji Sub does it too and the nrse gets hims inside the Operating Room.

          “Please…let them be okay…I pray for you…” she thought.