Chapter 19 - YMH

You're my Hyung

           Flashback

          “It’s nice doing business with you…” Ji Sub said to his new business partner.

          “It’s my pleasure Ji Sub-ssi...” they handshake and they leave the restaurant. Ji Sub was driving and stops over to Han River. He parks his car and walks to the same place where Ja In and him went to. He smiles thinking about that day. Ja In was arguing with him about the best flavor of ice cream that their eating that moment. He was cookies and cream while Ja In was bubble gum. He keeps on insisting that cookies and cream was the best, Ja In pouts and she looks so cute. He bridge the inches and kissed her lips surprisely.

          He sighs. “I thought it’s better if I will not see you…but I was wrong…I’ve been to blind dates too but nothing has changed…I still love you…I’m crazy because I can’t forget about you…Being foolish like this…What dod you do to me?...Ja In-ah…I miss you…Time is all I need…I’m sure it will just fade away in time…I’ll believe in it…time…” he said in his mind.

          He walks back to his park but then he sees her. She was alone and spacing out. She looks sad. He follows her silently. But when she crosses the street a car came rushing, he came to her and pushed her then everything turns black.

~~~~~~~~~

          Ji Sub was rush into the hospital. Ja In was at his side. He was unconscious. He got bruises in his body. Ja In was crying and so nervous because of her carelessness this happens to Ji Siub.

          As soon as they arrived at the hospital, Ji Sub was treated in emergency room immediately. Ja In was at the waiting lounge, praying. Ja In calls JI Sub secretary Jung Woo Ahjussi. After mintues, Jung Woo Ahjussi arrives. They waited for an hour then the Doctor came out from the emergency room. Ja In and Jung Woo Ahjussi stand and meet the Doctor.

          “How is he?....” Jung Woo Ahjussi asked.

          “He’s now stable and out of danger…but still we’re running tests to him…after that he’ll be in his room…”

          “Thank you Doctor…”

          The Doctor leaves. “Ja In-ah…You should go home and rest…He’s fine…” Jung Eoo Ahjussi said. Ja In shakes her head. “I want to stay until he woke up…” she felt guilty and scared. “I understand…but you need to rest its already late…I’ll call you if he gain his consciousness…” he said. “I will come back tomorrow Jung Woo Ahjussi…” she said and went home.

~~~~~~~~~

          She arrives home. She sat on the sofa and felt so tired, so much had happen in just a day. Gary sees her and sits towards her. “You’re finally home…We’re really worried because we can’t reach you…Where have you been?...” Gary asked just then after hearing him Haha and Gwang Soo joins them in the living room. Just then Ja In burst into tears. The three were flustered and immediately comforts her. Haha was sitting besides her tapping her back. “Does she already knows that Jong Kook Hyung leaves the country?...But it’s a secret…How come?...” Haha thought.

          “Hey~…Ja In-ah…What’s wrong?...” Gwang Soo asked worriedly.

          “Ji---….Ji Su---…Ji Sub Op-pa…was in the hospital now because of m-e…I got so sca-red…Oppa…Wha-t sho-uld I do?...Ji Su-b Op-pa…was still unconscious…I’m really sca-red….” She said while crying.

          “He’ll be okay Ja In-ah…” Gary said.

          After she calms herself, she went into her room and rest. The three felt relief that nothing bad happens to her. “Who will told her about Jong Kook Hyung?...” Gwang Soo said.

          “It’s not the right time…She was too emotional now…” Haha said.

          “That’s right…Just let it be…if she ask about him then we should tell her…but not now…” Gary said.

~~~~~~~~~~

          2 days passed, Ja In was currently in her work when he receives a call from Jung Woo Ahjussi. “Ne~ Ahjussi?...” she said. “He’s finally awake…” he said sadly. “I’ll be there…” she said and hangs up. She can’t hide the sadness in her face.

          She went to the hospital and goes into his room. As she reaches the corridor to his room, Jung Woo Ahjussi was outside. “You can come in…” he said with adness in his voice. She came in and sees him. He looks at her and he smiles but the sadness was still there. “I’m glad you’re okay…” Ji Sub said and tears started to fall from her eyes. “I’m so-rry…I’m sor-ry…I’m reall-y so—rry…So-rry…So—rry….” She said between her cries.

          Ji Sub reaches her hand and holds it. He shakes his head. “It’s not your fault…” he smiles and a tears fall from his eyes too. He was fine but because of the impact of the hit of the car to him, his legs got serious injuries. The Doctor said that he can’t walk temporarily and the healing process will be slow and involves great pain. He needs to do therapy for him to be able to walk again. Ja In felt sad for him. It should be her not him.

~~~~~~~~~~

          *Australia…*

          Jong Kook is sitting on the sand while staring the sea. Shin Hye came and sits beside him. “Can’t sleep?...” she asked. He smiles and nods. “It’s beautiful here…” he said.

          “You missed her?...”

          “I’m scared to admit it…but yes…I didn’t have the chance to see her before we go…but that’s the right thing to do…If I want to forget her…and I need to be firm with my decision…It’s for the better…” he said.

          “for the better…” she just said. “He was smiling but…it was sad…Can you really stick to your decision Jong Kook-ssi?...” she said in her mind.

~~~~~~~~~~

          *2 months passed…*

          Ja In never fails to be with Ji sub in his everysession in therapy. She was there guiding him all the time. Ji Sub was slowly recovering from the accident but he was still in his wheelchair now.

          5PM, in their house.

          “Haha Oppa…Is everything ready?...” she shouted from her room. She was looking for her Polaroid camera.

          “Ne~…Everything was set…We can go…Faster…What are you still doing?...” Haha shouted.

          “Yah~ Ja In-ah…You were the one who is hurrying us…Hurry…” Gwang Soo said.

          “Araseo….Araseo…Wait….” then she found what she’s looking for. She came downstairs. “Let’s go…” she smiles and they go in the car. Gary was driving with Haha beside him while she and Gwang Soo are at the back seat.

          It was Ji Sub’s birthday and she plans to celebrate it in his house. They cooked foods for him. Time passes and they arrived in his house. Jung Woo Ahjussi assists them in. His house was just simple and cozy. It has a unique style and it’s not that big. Maybe because he was just living alone and she remembers that Ji Sub told her that he sells their original house. He can’t live there because it’s where his parents died.

          “Where is he Jung Woo Ahjussi?...” she asked.

          “He was in his room…He was still sleeping…Should I wake him already?...”

          “Aniyo Ahjussi…Just let him sleep…so we can prepare…” she smiles. Then she set the food on the table.

          After an hour, Ji Sub wakes up. He went into outside his room with wheeling his wheelchair.

          “HAPPPPY BIIIRRRTHHDAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!...” they all shouted. Ji Sub was flustered and he smiels brightly. Ja In walks towards him and brings the cake. They started to sing and after that he makes his wish and blows the candle.

          They all started to eat. Ji Sub feels so happy inside. What he wishes for is for Ja In’s happiness. He knows that Jong Kook and her brokes up. She told him. He doesn’t know for what reason but what important to him is her happiness.

          Time passes; the three insists that they should drink. After 7 bottles of soju and beers, the three was knockout and already fell asleep in the sofa. Ja In was currently washing the dishes. After that, she went to them. “Aigooooo…Really Oppa…” she said with her sleeping Oppas. Ji Sub wasn’t there. She walks and found him at the veranda. She gets a blanket and went to him. “It’s cold…” she said and put the blanket into his legs.

          “Thank you Ja In-ah...” he said and smiles. “I had a great time…thanks to your family and to you especially…but you should stop this…”

          “What do yo-u me-an?...”

          “I know you just felt guilty…about what happened…but I’m okay…I know I can do this…You don’t need to bame yourself…I’m thanking you for everything Ja In-ah…”

          Ja In shakes her head and sits to face him. She reaches his hand and holds it. “Ani Oppa…I won’t leave you…I will be with you through all the way…it’s not because of my conscience…but because I wanted too…So don’t push me away because I will never leave…I promise…” she said sincerely and smiles to him.