Chapter 21 - YMH

You're my Hyung

          “Aigoooo…yo two really…Araseo araseo…take your seat and I’ll cook for you…” Haha said and went to the kitchen.

          “Gomawo Oppa~!…” Ja In shouted. They walk towards Jong Kook’s and Ji Sub bows and greeted him. “How are you doing Jong Kook-ssi?...” he said. They shake their hands. “I’m doing good Ji Sub-ssi…” Jong Kook responded. “Hyung just have a nice caht there…Mianhe we’re really hungry already…” Ja In said.  

          They sat on one of the vacant tables. Jong Kook glances at them. Ja In and Ji Sub were smiling to each other while talking.

          Shin Hye noticed him glancing. “Oppa…” Shin Hye calls him.

          “Ne~?...” he asks and looks at her.

          “Gwang Soo Oppa is talking to you…”

          “Ah ne~…What is it again?...” he asks.

          “Hyung…I said is Australia beautiful?...” Gwang Soo said.

          “It is…It really is…” Jong kook replies and glances again at Ja In.

          Haha served them their foods then Ja In and Ji Sub started to eat. “Thank you Oppa…You’re the best…” Ja In gave him two thums up. “Aigoooo…Ara ara…Eat a lot…” Haha said and went to the other table where Jong Kook is. “Mianhe Hyung…This two is really something…” Haha said to Jong Kook. Haha felt a bit awkward by them but he shouldn’t let it show. Years had already gone and what important is the present.

          “Are you going to live with us again Hyung?...” Gwang Soo asks.

          “As much as I want to but I can’t…the company already settled where we will live…and I need to follow their contract…”

          “Awww…but we really miss you…” Gwang Soo said.

          “Don’t worry I’ll always visit…”

          After Ja In and Ji Sub ate, they joined them and had a drink too. Hours passed, Ji Sub said his goodbyes because he has an important meeting tomorrow. “Thank you for the food Haha Hyung…and it’s good to see you again Jong Kook-ssi…I’m going then…” Ji Sub said.

          Ja In accompanied him to his car outside. “Are you going to be okay?...” Ji Sub asked her. “Of course…Why?...” Ja In asks. “Nothing…” Ji Sub said and smiles. “Don’t drink too much…you still have a work tomorrow…” he added. “Ne~ Ahjussi…” Ja In smiles.

          Jong Kook glances at them.

          “Good night…” Ji Sub said and kisses her lips.

          “Good night…Drive safely…” Ja In waves her hand as Ji Subs car leaves.

          Ja In came in to the restaurant and joins them. “Tell to your boyfriend treat us next time…He always eats for free…” Haha joked. “Aigooo….Araseo araseo…” Ja In agrees and drinks her soju.

          “Hyung can you sleep over?...” Gwang Soo asks. “Mian Gwang Soo-yah…We can’t…we have a meeting tomorrow…we’re also going…” Jong Kook said. Gwang Soo looks at the clock. “It’s still early…” he said. “I’m sorry…I’ll make it up next time…” Jong Kook said.

          They all stands up and accompanied Jong Kok and Shin Hye outside. Each one of them hugs Jong Kook. “Next time guys…I was nice seeing all of you again…” Jong Kook said. “We were happy too Jong Kook Hyung…We’re always a family…” Gary said. Jong Kook and Shin Hye rides a taxi and they waved their goodbyes.

~~~~~~~~~~

          2AM, Shin Hye went out of her room and walk downstairs. She walks straight to the kitchen and opens the refrigerator then drinks water. After drinking, she walks to the stairs to come back to her room but she noticed that there is someone at the veranda. She went there and found Jong Kook sitting at the chair while staring at the stars. She sat at the vacant chair and also looks at the stars.

          “Can’t sleep?...” Shin Hye asks.

          “I just miss this place…Don’t worry I’m about to sleep already…” he replied.

          Shin Hye didn’t believe him. She knows it’s about Ja In. Because even though he leaves her, he will never be able to forget her, that even though Jong Kook will deny, the fact that he still love Ja In it will never change.

          “How do feel right now?...” she said. “Now that you meet her again…” Shin Hye said in her mind.

          “Happy…” he said.

          “Happy??...”

          He nodded. “That everything was just I thought it was…that’s why I’m happy…” he turns to her and smiles. A smile that didn’t reach his eyes. Shin Hye just smiles at him and looks at the sky. “Your eyes will never lie Jong Kook Oppa…You’re still the same…” Shin Hye thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

          10AM, Shin Hye with the guys went to JS Entertainment for their meeting. They went to his office and sits at the chair. “It was nice to finally meet all of you…” CEO Jae Suk said to them and shakes each of their hand.

          “We’re really thankful to you CEO…” Shin Hye said.

          “Aniyo…I’m thankful to you guys…that you agreed to me…” Jae Suk said. “Now…I’ll discuss to you our contract…” he said and his secretary gives a piece of paper on each of one of them. They look at it and Jae Suk explains. “We have a three plans for all of you…We set it as Jong Kook-ssi and Shin Hye will be a solo…and the four of you will be a group band…” he said.

          Shin Hye a bit upset with the idea. “But we’re a group…” she said.

          “I know you are a group at Australia…but I’ve seen you perform separately…You were all good…Jong Kook-ssi has this very unique voice…Shin Hye-ssi you know how to sing also you have this very good posture and appearance…and Yong Hwa-ssi has a very good voice too with the talent of the three of you in playing the instruments…” Jae Suk explains. “I know you want to be together…but this plan will make you really famous…all of you…” he added.

          Shin Hye looks at each one of them, to see if they like the idea. Jong Kook nodded and also Yong Hwa. “If it will be for the better…We’re on it…” Shin Hye said to Jae Suk.

          After 1 month of preparations, each one of them has their transformations, from the cut of the hair and color. Then finally Jong Kook was the first one to have a debut performance in one of the famous show. He sings the Love Rain by Kim Tae Woo. Everyone loves his performance. His album was still on process but he already has some guesting.

~~~~~~~~~~      

          It was Jong Kook’s Mother death anniversary. By afternoon, Jong Kook was at one of the stations having his guesting in a radio station. After finishing it, he went home. He slept to rest. He wakes up by 8PM. He took a bath and plans to go out.

          “Oppa…you’re awake…You should dinner…” Shin Hye said.

          Jong Kook sat and ate. After he finishes, he stands up. “I’m going somewhere…I’ll be back…” then he leaves.

          Jong Kook went into the Han River. He buys canned beer and sat at one of the seats. He drinks the beer while staring at the bridge. “Eomma…Mianhe…Jeongmal Mianhe…Now I’m here…alone…You’re proud of me right?...You have a son that was a rising singer now…Who could have thought?...or you’re mad at me right now because of what I’ve done?...Maybe you really are…but that’s the way it should be Eomma…Please be happy for me…because I’m trying my best to be happy…” Jong Kook said in his mind. A tear fell from his eye and he wipes it immediately.

          Also Ja In was there 3 meters away from him, sitting while staring at the bridge. She sees Jong Kook wiping his tears. From three years, she never forgets this day. She always went to Han River to remember Jong Kook’s Eomma.

          She didn’t go to him and leaves. She walks to the bus stop and waits. But as she was waiting, a woman across the street was shouting to her daughter who was 6 years old was beside her. “Just wait there~!!...” the woman said. 5 seconds before the green light, her daughter crosses the streets. She saw a car rushing towards her. Ja In right away runs to her and pushes her away but the car was about to hit her instead just then Jong Kook pulls her to save her.

          “Gwaenchana?...” Jong Kook asked her.

          Ja In was left blank. She doesn’t hear anything. Her tears were staring to form. Jong Kook shakes her. “Yah…Ja In-ah…Are you okay?....” Jong Kook almost shouts.

          Ja In slowly hears his voice and looks at his worried face. “Are you okay?...Ja In-ah…Ja In-ah…” he said again. But Ja In started to cry her tears out. Jong Kook was so worried and he wraps his arms around her and let her cry.