Chapter 27 - YMH

You're my Hyung

“You already did…” Ja In said without turning back to him and walks away.

 

“You…don’t know anything…what I gave up…what I sacrifice…just to..—“ Jong Kook explains. He wants to tell her everything. The very reason why he left her. 

 

Ja In turns to him. “Whatever reason you have…You still…choose to leave me…” she said glaring at him. She’s so mad at him and she hates herself too. She shouldn’t let herself have an argument like this to him. 

 

“But I’m---…”

 

“Please…I’m begging you…Stop all of this…Ple-ase…” Ja In said with tears falling from her eyes. 

 

Looking at Ja In, Jong Kook felt a thug in his heart. Her sad and pleading face makes him feel so awful. He didn’t say anything instead he turns his back and left.

 

*Han River*

 

Jong Kook seated and looking at the river. 

 

“Eomma…I’m…so hurt…seeing her like that…I’m starting to think…maybe I shouldn’t go back here…being apart from her makes her happy…I only hurt her…but…I can’t let her go…” Jong Kook thought. 

 

He went home and Shin Hye is currently at the kitchen when he arrives.

 

“Oppa…Have you eaten dinner?...” she asked.

 

“Ne~…” he said even though he didn’t eat anything. Then he walks straight to his room. 

 

Shin Hye felt so sorry for him. She sat at the veranda and drink some wine. After a moment, Yong Hwa joins her.

 

“Can I join you?...” he asked and Shin Hye nodded then he pour wine to his glass. “Thinking of something?...” he said then sip from his wine.

 

“Is it hard to forget someone you love?...” she said without looking at him. She’s looking at the night view. 

 

“If it’s true love…Yes it’s hard to forget…that even though you try and try…and still keep on trying…you’ll always end up…loving that one person…” he said looking at her.

 

“True love?...It really does exist…” 

 

“Yes…if you’ll just believe…”

 

“Have you met your true love?...” she asked looking at him.

 

Yong Hwa looks straight into her eyes. “Yes…I do…” he said. 

 

Shin Hye felt awkward wiith the way he looks at her. So she looks at the night view again. “Lucky you do…” 

 

“I’ll be lucky if she will start to look at me…if…that day will happen…” Yong Hwa said still looking at her. His voice were longing.

 

Shin Hye’s heart beat faster. She turns her head to look at him and their eye meet. 

 

“That day--…” she said but didn’t finish because Yong Hwa bridges their gap and kisses her. 

 

Shin Hye was shocked and her eyes widen. 

 

Yong Hwa looks at her and smiles. Shin Hye covers her face with her hands and run to her room. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

                                                                                                                                    

A week passed by, Jong Kook stops pursuing Ja In. He continues on singing. He got very busy but in every song he sings. He always thinks about her. 

 

He’s been guest for radio program. 

 

“Everyone felt how you feel in your every song…So they’re asking…Is there someone you love now?...” the MC asked him.

 

“Ne~..I have someone I love…I always have…” Jong Kook replies.

 

“Ooohhh…Waaaa…Did you all hear that?…” 

 

On the other hand, Ja In is on her car driving and the radio is on. She was about to change the station when Jong Kook talks. 

 

“I’ve been in love with her for years. And I know I’ve hurt her deeply. That I don’t deserve now. But after leaving her, there’s not a day when I didn’t think about her. I’ve always have the urge to come back and tell her that I never stop on loving her. I know you’re really mad at me but I’m here to tell you…” Jong Kook stops. 

 

Ja In felt her heart aching and nervous listening to him. 

 

“I’m here to tell you…that…I’m so sorry  for everything that hurt you…for being a foolish letting you go like that…and…I…I love you…Always…” Jong Kook said with sincerely voice.

 

Ja In tears started to fall. *Beep beep beep* the overtake her car. 

 

“Yah~! You don’t own the way…” he shouts at her and drives his car away. 

 

She looks at the signal light and it’s already in green. She wipes her tears and drives her car. She turns of thhe radio.

 

“One Man Kim Jong Kook~!...Your fans will surely love you more…I admire you…” the MC said.

 

“Thank you also to all my fans who supports and love me…” he said and the show ends.

 

*Next day…*

 

Ji Sub is watching tv and there he sees the news about Jong Kook confession on air. 

 

“He really declares war…” Ji Sub said in his mind. 

 

Later that day, Ji Sub and Ja In meets up. They were at his car but Ji Sub isn’t talking. Ja In knows why. She holds his hand and smiles a bit. Ji Sub looks at her and kisses her hand. 

 

They went to Namsan Tower and rides the cable car. Ja In wants to make Ji Sub happy. But even though how much she tries Ji Sub is not in his mood. 

 

At night, Ji Sub drives Ja In back home. They were still in the car. 

 

“Oppa…Please don’t be like this…” she said and felt crying. 

 

“Mianhe Ja In…I just can’t help it…I’m so mad…and…” he looks at her. “I’m so scared…that I will lose you again…” 

 

Ja In cups his face. “You won’t…because I love you Ji Sub Oppa…” she said with tears falling from her eyes.

 

Ji Sub wipes her tears. “I love you too Ja In-ah…” and he moves close to her and planted a kiss on her forehead down to her lips. He kisses her passionately and Ja In does too. 

 

Jong Kook sees them. He plans to visit her and to talk. He plans to tell her everything, the reason why he lets her go. But seeing them, his heart stops. Then maybe Ja In was right, she doesn’t love him anymore. 

 

“What am I fighting for?...What am I?...” Jong Kook thought. 

 

Ja In and Ji Sub aligns from the car and walks to the gate of their house. She tip toed and planted a soft sweet kiss to him. Ji Sub smiles. “Go ahead…or you might not get home Ja In-ah…” he warns her.

 

“Araseo…Good Night…” she smiles.

 

“Goodnight…” Ji Sub says.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Ja In gets inside the house. Ji Sub walks to his car but suuddenly stops when he sees Jong Kook. He looks at him but Jong Kook didn’t even glance at him. He walks straight to the gate.

 

“Where do you think you’re going Jong Kook-ssi?...” Ji Sub asks with warning in his voice.

 

JongKook stops and turns to him. He smirks. “Why?...Are you going to stop me?...or Do you even think you can stop me?...” he said glaring at him.

 

Ji Sub walks towards him and grabs his collar. “Ne~…because…I will fight for us…” his jaw tightens. 

 

Jong Kook smirks again and looks at him. “I won’t…I already said it…I’ll bring her back--…” he said but Ji Sub punch him hard that makes him fall on the ground. 

 

“STOP~!...You bastard~!...” Ji Sub agrily said and raise his hand to punch Jong Kook again but the Haha appears and stops him. 

 

“Stop you two~!...” Haha said and help his Hyung. “Please don’t let Ja In see you two like this…” he added.

 

“Talk to your crazy Hyung…” Ji Sub saiid and get in to his car then leaves.

 

Haha and Jong Kook were left alone. “Hyung…Donn’t be like this…I know you want her back…but…” Haha said.

 

“But what Haha-yah?...” Jong Kook said.

 

“You’re being crazy Hyung…I know I said that I will support you…and yes I will always support you…but please Hyung…not like this…You’re torturing yourself…” Haha said and felt sad for him. 

 

Jong Kook then tears fall. “I’d rather die Haha-yah…It’s killing me inside…” 

 

Haha pats his back. He felt his pain. His Hyung who thought of someonelse before himself, but now suffering. He never thought his Hyung will be like this. He waited for years for Ja In but she disappears like a bubble. Haha supports this two special people in his life and he felt so sad because he can’t do anything for them. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

~3 days passed, 5:00pm, Han River~

 

Jong Kook is running to meet Ja In. He got a call fro her that she wants to meet and talk to him. He sees her sitting on the same spot they always sat. 

 

“Ja In-ah…” he said. He felt happy and nervous looking at her. He sat beside her. “Ja In-ah…I….” he added but didn’t finish.

 

“Jong Kook Hyung…I want to tell you something…” she said looking straight into his eyes.

 

“Ne~ Go ahead…” he said.

 

“I…I…I love…Ji Sub Oppa…” she said. 

 

Jong Kook felt a thug in his heart. Like he has been hit with a super heavy thing. 

 

“I love him…and we’re happy…Years passed by Hyung…Things change…feelings too…and I want to say is…I hope…no…I want you stop saying those things at me…Let’s be friends again Hyung…like how we used to be before…” she smiles a bit and tears fall from her eyes. “Like the old times…because you…will always be…my one and only Hyung…” 

 

Jong Kook hearts are broken into pieces but looking at her. He felt her seriousness with every word. He smiles a bit and nodded. “If that’s…what will make you happy…” he said.

 

Ja In smiles. “Thank you Hyung…”