Chapter 18 - YMH

You're my Hyung

           12:00PM, Kwang Soo and Haha was preparing their lunch. Gary was sitting at the sofa. Jong Kook takes a bath and after he went out of his room, just then Gary grabs shirt with his both hands and looks at him with anger in his eyes.

           “I warned you right…She’s a family…That she’s different from others!…BUT NOW…WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?!...” Gary said. Jong Kook can’t say anything. He just looks at him.

          Gwang Soo and Haha were flustered and run to them. Haha was on Jong Kook’s side and Gwang Soo with Gary. “Hyung…Hyung…Stop it…” Gwang Soo said.

          “Hyung…stop this…” Haha also said. It was only him that knows the truth.

          Gary releases his hands to his shirt. “So what now?!...Ja In decided to move out because of you…” Gary said.

          “Really Hyung?...When did she say that?...Why is this happening?...I don’t get you…” Gwang Soo asked. He was just the one who didn’t know about the break up.

          “Ja In and Jong Kook Hyung broke up…” Gary said. “I talked to her last night…she said she’s moving out…and all I know is it’s because of you…This family is now a mess…Thanks to you…” Gary glares at him and walks out.

          “Hyung…but why?...” Gwang Soo asked Jong Kook.

          “I don’t need to explain…” Jong Kook just said and went back to his room.

          Jong Kook sits on his bed and buried his face into his hands. “I don’t know what to do anymore…” Jong Kook thought.

~~~~~~~~~

          Two days passed, it was 10AM, They were outside saying their goodbyes to Ja In. She hugs her Oppas. “Are you really going Ja In-ah?...Can you just stay?...” Gwang Soo said. He will miss her. The house will not be happy anymore when she’s gone. “I’m sorry Oppa…” Ja In just said.

          “You’ll visit okay?...” Gary said. She nodded. “Take care and don’t skip meals…When you need anything just call us…” Gary added. “Thank you Oppa…” Ja In said. She wants to cry but she’s controlling herself. It was hard for her to leave them. They are her family already. But things will just get worse if she’ll not leave. How can she take seeing and not talking to Jong Kook? She needs this space. The one that she loves the most isn’t the same person to her. She nneds to forget so does her heart stops hurting.

          Ja In will stay with Seung Yeon in her condo. She was living alone because her family lives in province. Her first night in the house, she felt really sad. “So this is how it feels…to be away from them…It was so lonely…I miss my Oppa’s already…Haaaayy…” Ja In said in her mind.

          Seung Yeon knocks on her room and comes in. “Let’s eat Ja In-ah…” she said. And they went into the dining and ate.

          “Do you think Jong Kook Oppa will just let you move out?...I’m sure he’ll talk to you to come back…” Seung Yeon said.

          “I don’t know…but if that happens…I don’t want to go back…I need to be away from him…so I can forget this feeling for him…” Ja In said.

          “I didn’t think that you would break up Ja In-ah…You were just so perfect for each other…”

          “That’s what I thought too…but I was wrong…I shouldn’t believe that I was different…I was just so foolish…I know he was really a playboy…I’m such an idiot…” Ja In complains but still it kills her inside. All she had dreamed of is to marry her Hyung. But now it will never come true. She just hopes that one day; he can still be her Hyung. She doesn’t want him to be completely away from her life. The Hyung of her life will just only stay as her Hyung, forever.

~~~~~~~~~

          Morning, the food was already set at the table. Gwang Soo, Haha and Gary were already eating. Then Jong Kook went out of his room and joins them. Jong Kook didn’t know that Ja In already leaves. Haha was already sleeping as he goes home from the bar. He just thought that Ja In was already at work or just didn’t want to eat with him.

          “Now…this family is now incomplete…Thanks to you…” Gary said and looks at Jong Kook. He stands and walks out.

          Jong Kook was clueless. “What does he mean by that?...” he asked the two.

          “Hyung…Ja In already leaves with her things yesterday…” Gwang Soo said.

          “What?!...” Jong Kook said flustered.

          “We really can’t stop her Hyung…” Haha said.

          “Hyung…Idon’t know what happen but can you talk to her and bring her back home…It’s lonely without her…Gary Hyung was right…it feels like there is something lacking…You were the one who can bring her back Hyung…” Gwang Soo said.

          Jong Kook didn’t answer him and get up fro his seat.

          “Hyung…” Gwang Soo said then Jong Kook went into his room.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Night at the bar, after the performance of Jong Kook he just sat and drinks. He doesn’t kow what to do. Can he really hold unto his decision? He keeps asking himself. Just then Shin Hye appears. “Hi Stranger Oppa…” Shin Hye greets him. Jong Kook just smiles a bit and drinks his beer.

          “Did something happen?...You doesn’t look fine at all…” Shin Hye asked.

          Jong Kook tells her what happen. He feels comfortable talking to her like he was talking to his Eomma. How good it will be if his Eomma was still here to tell him that what he was doing was right or not?

          “If that’s what happened you should bring her back…It wasn’t just you in the house…your friend was also worried to her…” she said.

          “But it wasn’t that easy…she was mad at me…she left because she doesn’t want to see me anymore…” he said.

          “I don’t know to youbut for me that is what you should do…What is your decision?...”

          “I’ll talk to her…and convince her to go home…and…I’ll be the one who’ll leave the house…”

          “Where will you go?...”

          “I don’t know…somewhere far…somewhere she can’t see me…distance and absence will make us apart…That’s what we both need but I shouldn’t take her away from the people who loves her…”

          “If your decision is really final…” she gets a calling card and gave it to him. “Call me…actually I’m singer in Australia…with my band…I came here for vacation and I saw you singing here…I was amazed by your voice….so if you’re 100% sure about that…there is a place that you can be…” she said.

~~~~~~~~~~

          A week passed, Jong Kook thought about his decision. It’s final he’ll go with Shin Hye in Australia. He already said it to her and they were leaving the day after tomorrow. He’s now at the park near Seung Yeons place. It was already 9PM, he needs to talk to her.

          He dialed her number and after 6 rings she answered. “Hel-lo…” Ja In said.

          “Go down…I’m here at the park…I need to talk to you…” he said. He just aid and hangs up. Ja In went to the park. She was nervous to meet him. It’s the first time she’ll be able to see him after the day of break up. She saw him standing near of the fountain. She walks towards him.

          “I’m already here…What is it?...” she said. Jong Kook turns to her. Her heart skips, she misses him. “Go back to the house…Your parents will get mad at me…” he said. Ja In smirks. “So that’s it?...Just because of my parents…” she said. Her parents didn’t know that Jong Kook has been his boyfriend. They both want to tell them personally but they didn’t have time. “Ne~…” he said with cold voice. “Araseo…I get it…for your sake…I’ll go home…so that my parents will not get mad at you…” Ja In said with anger in her. “That’s good then…” Jong Kook said and leaves. As he fades away in Ja In’s eyes, she started to cry. “You’re so bad…I hate you…I really hate you…” Ja In thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

          *Day of Jong Kook’s flight…*

          3PM, Ja In alight from the taxi with her things. Just like what he wants, she will come back to the house. “He doesn’t care anymore…I should stop caring too…” Ja In thought. She opens the door but it’s locked. She knocked but no one answered. “Where are they?...” she asked herself. She gets her key and opens it. She put her things back to her room.

          She went to the restaurant but it’s closed. She was wondering where her Oppa’s gone. Then she went to the gym, it was open. She came in and sees Si Won working out.

          “Si Won Oppa…” she said.

          “Oh Ja In-ah…Hi…”

          “Do you know where are my Oppa’s?...The restaurant is closed…” she asked.

          “You didn’t know?...They were in the airport…” he answers.

          “Airport?...”

          “Ne~…They went to say goodbye to Jong Kook Hyung…You really don’t know?...”

          Ja In was shocked. No one told her about it. She leaves and rides a taxi. She was tensed. It was better to not see him but leaving, it’s not what she wanted.

          4PM she arrives at the aiport. She runs, she wants to see him. Even though she was mad at him still she loves that person. She saw her Oppa’s hugging Jong Kook and saying goodbye. Then she stops from going towards them because she saw Shin Hye with Jong Kook and it looks like she was with him. She hides and just looks at them then Jong Kook and Shin Hye went inside to board.

          Ja In tears started to flow. “Goodbye…Oppa~…” she said. Then she left the airport. She didn’t go home. She went into Han River and dazed. Accepting the fact is aching but that’s how it goes.

          She decided to go home. She walks to get to the bus stop. She was standing, waiting for the go sign to cross the street. As the sign was GO, she didn’t cross the street. Her mind was still floating. The sign is STOP, and then she started to cross the street. Just then a car was about to hit her but someone pushes her and that someone was the one who got hit.

          She came back to her senses then she saw him lying on the street. Her tears started to flow. “JI SUB OPPA….” she utters.