Chapter 3 - YMH

You're my Hyung

          “Just…someone…” he said and when Ja In turns to him, he immediately looks at the sky. “Who is that?...Do I know her?...” she asked. Jong Kook smiles and taps his shoulder like telling her to put her head into it. Then she does. “Come on tell me Hyung…” she said.

          “You don’t need to know…”

          Ja In yawns and fell asleep. She was really tired. She didn’t response to him so he looks at her and found out that she’s sleeping. “Silly kid…Falling sleep you seem really tired…” he said and carries her. He went down and brings her into her room. As he’s laying her into her bed he accidentally slips and also falls but he was able to use his hands to not fall totally above her.

          He was inches away from her face. He stares at her, eyes, nose and lips then his heart keeps on beating like crazy. He shakes his head and immediately stands up. He continuously shakes his head. He went down from second floor and went into the bathroom.

          He washes his face into the faucet and stares his reflection into the mirror. “You fool!...You’ve gone crazy…How come you’re reacting that way to her?...Stop it…You shouldn’t feel that way to her…It’s wrong…You’re a brother to him…nothing more….Just be it…” Jong Kook thought.

         ~~~~~~~~~~

          Three days passed, So Ji Sub was seriously mad because until now there is still no venue for the CF for the new clothing line. “Immediately call that someone who’s responsible for looking for a location…Now…” Ji Sub said to his secretary.

          Choi Jung Woo bows and went into his table to call. Choi Jung Woo, 50 years old, was the loyal secretary of his Father. He was like a Father to him. He knows Ji Sub well.

          “Lee Ja In-ssi…Mr. CEO is calling for you…” he said through the phone.

          Ja In was nervous as she went into his office, seeing her Jung Woo walks towards her. “He was angry right now…but don’t worry just answer his questions…” Jung Woo said.

          Ja In nodded and enters his office. He was showing his back and looking outside. She bows and greeted him. “Annyong haseyo Mr. CEO…” she said. Ji Sub turns and looks at her. “You?!...You were the one who bumps at me…” he said with a plain reaction.

          She bows again. “I’m really sorry about that Mr. CEO…”

          “What is your name?...” he strictly asked.

          “Lee Ja In…”

          “Lee Ja In-ssi…May I remind you that the time is ticking and still you didn’t find a location for the CF…What are you doing for real?...” he asked with a tone.

          Ja In felt pissed but didn’t let it show. Of course, he was still her boss. “I’ve searched every place in Seoul Mr. CEO…but still I can’t find the perfect place for it…I will surely find it…” she said with determination.

          Ji Sub smirks. “You should Ja In-ssi…You have until tomorrow…Do you understand?...You should come to me and tell me where is the place…or else I’ll move you out with this project…” he warns her.

          “I understand…Then…I’ll be going Mr. CEO…” she said and bows.

          She leaves his office. She was really pissed off. He doesn’t know how hard she looks for a better place. “You’re really a cold hearted man…Aish!...I really want to punish him…How can he treat me like that?...I know he’s the boss but his too much…The deadline of the venue is still next week…How come he’s rushing me like this?...He’s really something…I hate him…” Ja In said in her mind.

          Choi Jung Woo came in Ji Sub’s office. “Why are you rushing things?...Everything was scheduled…” he asked. “I don’t trust her…I want this project to be successful…If the place she choose will not pass my standard she’ll be surely out in this project…” Ji Sub said.

          “She looks sincere in everything she does…Just trust her with this…”

          “I don’t want too…I hate seeing her though…” Ji Sub said. He really doesn’t know why. She always caught his eye when she’s around. It pissed his off, her happy and energetic personality. He thinks that it’s not possible for a person to be like that. He really hates a person like that. He won’t ever trust her, absolutely. “I won’t…Never…not that woman named Lee Ja In…” Ji Sub thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Evening, Jong Kook went to his gym to workout. He was wearing jogging pants and jacket with sleeveless shirt inside. Si Won greeted him as he saw him enters. Choi Si Won, 26 years old, an artist and part of a group Super Junior. Si Won was a regular customer of his gym even to other artist too.

          Jong Kook greeted him as well. “Hyung she’s been running for about an hour already…” Si Won said referring to Ja In who is currently running at the treadmill. Jong Kook looks at her. He knows her well. She’s upset and angry right now. She always does it every time. He nodded to Si Won and walks towards her and pushes the stop button of the treadmill. “Yah Ja In-ah…Do you want to faint?...Stop it…” he said. Ja In falls down from exhaustion. She keeps on breathing hard.

          “What happen? Tell me…” he asked.

          Ja In just looks at him and said. “Hyung…can you hold the punching bag for me?...I really need to let this anger out…I’m going crazy…” she said. Like what she asked, Jong Kook does it. She punches the punching bag with full force. “Yah…You !...Who do you think you are?!!...You fool!!...I hate you for real..Aisssshhh!...How can there be a person like you?!!!...” she said while punching.

          After that, she sits on the ground. Jong Kook sits beside her and wipes her sweat in her face with his small towel. “Who is it?..What did he do to you?...” he asked.

          “Aigooo Hyung…You won’t believe it…that there is this person that who doesn’t have a heart…He’s just doing what he wants…I really hate him…”

          “Then who is it?...I’ll punish him…”

          “Hyung…You can’t…You shouldn’t…I’ll be fired if you do it for sure…”

          “What?!...So it means it was your boss?...”

          She nodded. “He is…The owner of Caleb…I thought at first everything was just a rumor about him…but it’s really true…”

          “But why are you mad at him?...” he asked. “He rush me to find a location for the CF but the deadline is still next week…Maybe he really hates me too…Why of all people?...” she said annoyingly.

          “Is he handsome?...” then he asked.

          “Of course…” Ja In replied right away.

          “Now I know…”

          “Waeyo Hyung?...What you know now?...Tell me…”

          “You have crush on him?...”

          It took 5 seconds until she responded. “ANIYO!...” she refuses.

          “Really?...You never run like this Ja In-ah…When you’re upset you only runs for almost 20 minutes…but now he’s really something does he?...” he said still insisting Ja In has a crush to his boss.

          “Jinja Aniyo…Aniyo…”

          Jong Kook keeps on teasing her. “Is it really true?...You must really had crush on him…Special person can make someone upset like crazy…Ja In-ah…you really a grown up woman now…but why do I feel a heart burn suddenly…This is crazy…It’s getting worse…” Jong Kook thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Morning, Ja In came into his office and handed him a KTX ticket. Ji Sub curiously looks at her. “What is this?...” he asked.

          “I’ll show you the place…Mr. CEO…” she said firmly.

          Ji Sub felt irritated with the way she looks at him. “Then…let’s go Lee Ja In-ssi…just make sure I’ll like it or else…you’re out…” he said.

          They went to KTX station and ride it. It’s 3 to 4 hours from Seoul to Busan. For the hours they travel, Ji Sub didn’t even talk to her even a single word. After hours, they arrived to Busan. They take a bus again to go to Amnam Park. Amnam Park has magnificent cliffs and tree-lined seaside views.

          After hours, finally they arrived. They enter the park and walk around, with the beautiful view Ji Sub can’t react. He likes it though. “Mr. CEO…I know you’re hungry…Let’s eat…” Ja In said and sits in the vacant table she saw. “Eat?...What she’s saying?...” Ji Sub thought. He’s curious because he didn’t saw that she bought a food. He stares at her. Ja In opens her bag and brings out the lunch boxes that she brought. She opens it one by one. Ji Sub felt his hunger with the looks of the food so he sits towards her.

          “I don’t know if you’ll like it…but it taste good…” she said and gave him chopsticks. She prepared kimbap, egg roll, sandwich and potato salad. Ji Sub started to eat. He doesn’t want to say anything but it is really delicious. It’s been so long since he tastes this kind of food, a self-prepared food. He misses his Eomma then. Ja In also eats. She prepares it at dawn, hopingly he’ll like it. She’s secretly waiting for his reaction but he didn’t say anything. “You could have said anything Dummy!...” she thought.

          After they ate, they roam around again. She explains the concept of the CF and pin point every exact place the scene will be shoot. Ji Sub was surprised by her. “How did she do it?...I thought she doesn’t have prepared…Jung Woo Ahjussi was right…She’s determined and smart too…” he thought.

          He just listens to everything that she said. But then they didn’t thought it will rain heavily. They run right away to a covered place. “I didn’t know it will rain like this…I’m sorry Mr. CEO…” she said.

          “No it’s…okay…and…I’ll approve this place Lee Ja In-ssi…” he finally said. Ja In smile widely and bows to him. “Thank you…Thank you so much…” she thanked him.

          After almost 20 minutes, the rain is still pouring like it didn’t want to stop at all. “I think we should go Mr. CEO…You’re secretary said to me that you have a dinner meeting…I’m sorry that I choose a far place…You use this to cover you…” she said and gives her jacket to him. Ji Sub didn’t know what to do but she just accepts it. He wants to say something but he can’t open his mouth to say it. Then they run to the entrance, Ja In uses her bag to somehow cover her but still she’s wet. Ji Sub felt sorry for her but still he can’t say anything. The taxi came and they went into the train station. As they arrived at the station, they rode the train. They sat towards each other. Ji Sub remains silent. After almost 2 hours, Ji Sub who falls asleep wakes up and looks at her. She was also sleeping. He noticed that there is something wrong with her. She has cold sweat. He immediately stands and holds her forehead. She was burning from fever. “Ja In-ssi…Wake up Ja In-ssi…” he said but she’s not responding. He piggybacks her and went into the door. He plans to go down at the next station. She really needs to bring to a hospital. As it arrives at Daejeon station, he went down and runs as fast as he could and exits into the train station. He gets a taxi and they went into the nearest hospital.

~~~~~~~~~~

          It was already 12 midnight; Jong Kook was really worried sick about Ja In. He knows that she’ll be going to Busan. He calls her but her phone is off. He keeps on walking back and forth in the living room. Gary, Haha and Gwang Soo just turn their heads left and right as they looks at him. “She’ll call Hyung…Ja In isn’t the type of person who makes us worries…Calm down…” Haha said.

          “That makes me more worried…” he said then his phone rang but it was unregistered number. He answers it. “Yoboseyo…” he said.

          “Is this Kim Jong Kook-ssi?...” Ji Sub asked.

          “Ne~…Who is it?...”

          “Ja In is with me---…”

          “YAH!...You …Who are you?! What did you do to her?!...Let me talk to her…I’ll kill you…Give her the phone…” Jong Kook interrupted him. He angrily said. “I’m going crazy…Please don’t let bad happen to her…” Jong Kook thought.