Junsu side story

Pet Love

Okay, since many of you want to know what happen to Junsu, so I come up with a side story of him. Enjoy!

P.S I just made up a name for 'you' for the sake of coherence of the story.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

-Junsu's POV-

 

Weeks have past since Jaejoong hyung regained his memory. To be frank, I am glad that he's finally back. Knowing all along that I stand no chance of winning Youngna's heart, giving her to hyung seems to be the best option, not that I have ever had her to begin with. As long as she's happy, I am. 

 

Here I am again, walking along the same path as I first met Youngna. How many times I have ended up here, I have lost count of it. Or perhaps I have made it a routine that Xiahki will naturally drag me to this way. Either way, this path brings me bittersweet memories which I never want to come across, but at the same time too coward to push it away. 

 

Suddenly, a forceful tug on my right hand brings me back to reality. If not for my immediate reaction of grasping my dog's leash I am sure Xiahki would have escaped from my control. But being a huge dog as he is, he charged forward, completely ignoring the fact that he is dragging me along. 

 

"Stop, Xiahki! Stop!" 

 

Too late. He's already crashing into someone. 

 

"I'm terribly sorry! My dog don't usually do-"

 

"It's all right. He must have smelled the dog scent on me," the young lady just smiles and shrugs it off. 

 

I am awe struck. There, standing in front of me, is a girl that looks so much like Youngna. Though this girl has shorter hair, the warmness in her eyes looks exactly like Youngna's. * No, it can't be. Stop hallucinating, Junsu. * I scold myself in my mind. 

 

"Is there something wrong?" she tilts her head and asks. 

 

"No," I momentarily snap back into reality, "I'm really sorry for my dog's behavior."

 

"That's all right," she says as she kneels in front of Xiahki and ruffles his hair, "He's very cute." She then turns back, ready to leave. 

 

Then I do something reckless. Something that I only did to her, and certainly never imagine myself doing such things again. 

 

"Wait," I stop her. 

 

She raises an eyebrow, waiting for me to continue. 

 

"I'm sorry for being rude, but do you know Youngna? Choi Youngna?" I take a deep breath, anticipating her answer. 

 

"No," my heart sinks for some reason. "Do I look like her?"

 

I slightly smile, not wanting to make a fool out of myself further, "Just a coincidence, I guess."

 

She gives me a final nod before disappearing into the crowd. 

* Get a grip of yourself, * I sigh, before pulling Xiahki back home. 

 

"Oh my God, Xiahki! What happened?" the first thing I find out after I wake up is the mess on the kitchen floor. To my horror, the door of the refrigerator is wide opened and the piece of mango cake is gone. "Xiahki what have you done?"

 

I waste no time to get dressed, preparing to take my dog for a checkup. Luckily, I find a newly opened pet clinic in the neighborhood. 

 

"Hi, I'd like to have a checkup for my dog."

 

"Do you have an appointment, sir?" I shake my head. The lady at the counter continues to type on her computer, "Please take a seat. I'll call you when it's your turn."

 

I mumble a small 'thanks' to her and walk to the bench. After an agonizing half an hour wait, the lady finally calls me, "Kim Junsu -sshi, Dr. Park is in room no. 1."

 

"Hi, how may I help you?" the young vet looks up from her documents and greets me with a smile. At that moment, my eyes widen in shock. I can see that she is surprised as well. 

 

"We meet again," she takes a quick look of her paperwork, "Kim Junsu -sshi."

 

I take a quick glance at her name, * Park Yeonah. * Coincidence much?

 

She once again pulls my thoughts back together as she asks about my dog's situation. I begin to tell her what I found this morning. 

"Fortunately there aren't any chocolate or grapes on the cake, so it's not a serious problem. Though you have to be careful not to let that happen again," she gently smiles, "Pity your cake has gone down the drain," she lightly pats Xiahki, "In this case the stomach."

I chuckle embarrassingly, "I guess I just have to get another one."

"Are you planning to get it now? 'Cause I would also like to try that," she casually smiles. 

"B-but aren't you on duty, Dr. Park?" I stutter. Great. 

"There aren't any more appointment so I guess I'm off," she shrugs, "And please, call me Yeonah."

 

I slightly blush. I don't even know why, but I just did. Is she a sign to tell me to move on? Can she help me to forget about Youngna? Is she the one? 

I decide not to draw any conclusion at the moment and just follow my heart for once. No one knows what will happen in the future. But if I don't give it a try, I will never know whether it's worth it or not. 

 

And so I have gathered up my courage, "Before that, we should grab some dinner first," I open the door for her, "Shall we, Yeonah -sshi?" 

 

She beams as she steps out, moving forward with me by her side. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is really the end, and thanks for your support throughout the story!