Two

Shelter

 

Another month passed and now every day after class I go to music club for an hour, then I meet Hyunseong who would be waiting for me to go to Kendo practice. I got to know him better during this past months and he is so different from what I first thought.

He is not tough at all. He is very kind, he treats everyone with respect and it is very formal. He is a good listener, he has probably heard me nagging about my dad a million times but he doesn’t complain. He just tries to give me advice.

He is naïve and good hearted, he doesn’t lie nor does bad things. He likes to hug people and he loves to laugh. He is very good at Kendo too. He is one of the top students and the captain’s right hand.

 

If I should sum it up Hyunseong is probably the best person I know. He is true to himself and has a pure soul.

 

I step out of the auditorium after spending an hour practicing Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata on the school’s piano and there he is, Hyunseong waiting for me. “Hi, Jeongmin-ssi” he smiles at me.

“Hyunseong, how many times have I told you to just call me Jeongmin?? You are even older than me!!” Hyunseong has to stop being so polite with me, we talk in banmal but he still uses honorifics and it is driving me crazy.

“Ok, Jeongmin. Now let’s go to practice” he says and ruffles my hair.

Today I really don’t feel like going to practice. This morning my dad told me I have to put more time on the club because he is planning an expansion, he already bought the land next to the club which means I will have to stop going to music club to do all of the things he wants me to.

“I don’t want to go” I pout slightly “I hate going to that place” I mumble. “I hate you for making me go” my childish tone being used at its full.

Hyunseong looks at me with wide open eyes and he lowers his head down “I am sorry. I know what it is to have to go somewhere you don’t like” he whispers and I panic. I didn’t mean for him to feel bad about my careless words.

“ Hyunseong I didn’t mean that, I was just joking” I try to make him realize my previous words weren’t true but the skeptical look he is giving me tells me I fail. “I was kidding. I kind of like going there now”

“Really??” Hyunseong asks confused.

“Yeah, I get to see you doing Kendo and you look cool like that” What did I just say?? Did I just call him cool?? Hyunseong smiles and I can see a hint of red in his cheeks. After that we just walk in silence to the Club.

 

When we finally arrive inside the club I freeze at the person who is standing in front of me. “Jeongmin” I see my dad greeting me. “Where were you son?? Wasn’t your school over an hour ago??” He asks and I don’t know what to answer. What if he finds out I was on music club? He will break my guitar for sure and ground me for the rest of my life.

“I am sorry sir, it is my fault” I turn around to see Hyunseong bowing at my dad before talking again “I made Jeongmin be late”

Wait! What did he just say?? How come he is the reason I am late??

“Hyunseong how is this is your fault??” by the way my dad talks he must know Hyunseong very well.

“Jeongmin accompanied me to check on a possible member for the next recruitment” Hyunseong says convincingly and I can’t believe what I am hearing. Hyunseong just lied. I thought I would never see this happening but he just did it, he lied to my dad.

“Jeongmin” my dad looks at me now and I unglue my eyes from Hyunseong’s face to direct my gaze at him “I am glad you are showing interest on the business” I just nod at his words.

Then, practice starts and Hyunseong is gone. My dad and I go to the office to check on the blueprints for the expansion. After an hour, my dad has to go to attend another business and I am left alone so I decide to take a break on the storage room.

I have found out about the storage room downstairs the office a week after I was forced to come to Kendo practice. I realized the place was huge but the club only uses a small part of it so I took advantage of it.

Now, I have a mini apartment down there. I have a bed, a sofa, a TV and of course my guitar. I am still working on it though I want to make of this place my personal shelter.

I grab my guitar and start playing some random rhythms. I start to hum to accompany the melody. After a while I hear some footsteps up on the office. The captain is there so practice must be over. I go upstairs and the captain looks surprised to see me.

“What do you do down there all the time??” he asks and I just look at him.

“Not that I am trying to be rude but it is none of your business” I smirk at him before leaving the room.

I reach the practice floor and I see Hyunseong happily waving goodbye at some guys. After a few minutes of him sending off basically everyone on the class there is only Hyunseong and I on the practice floor. “Who would have known, you are so popular” I say to catch his attention and he turns around.

“Jeongmin” he smiles brightly at me.

“Hey, can we talk for a while?” he nods at me and stares at me waiting for me to talk.

“Not here. Let’s go to grab a coffee or something” he looks surprised but nods eagerly in response.  I have been asking myself something since I arrived to the Kendo Club today. Why Hyunseong lied to my dad?? Why did he lie for me??

Finally, we arrive at the coffee shop which is just a couple of blocks away. After we get our orders I decide to get to the point.

“Hyunseong, why did you say that to my dad?? I mean, why did you lie??” he keeps silence for a while and I am starting to get anxious.

“I am sorry I was just trying to protect you” he pauses and sighs deeply before asking me innocently “Do you want me to tell your dad I lie to him??” WHAT!! NO!! NO!!

“HELL NO!!” I practically yell and the whole coffee shop stares at me. “Sorry” I say to the other costumers and then I look back at Hyunseong.

“Just don’t do it again, okay?? Don’t lie because of me” I tell him and he agrees.

It is weird. I usually don’t care if people lie. In fact I have made people lie for or because of me thousands of times but for some reason I can’t let Hyunseong do the same, not him.

 

After we leave the coffee shop I am walking home with Hyunseong next to me. I told him it wasn’t necessary but he insisted in walking me home. After a few minutes of talking about boring school life we pass by one of my favorite music stores.  

“Look at that piano” I point at a polish white C.Bechstein L167 grand piano. “I am going to buy it someday” I tell him one of my dreams, to buy that masterpiece and be able to play it whenever I want to. “Just wait and see. I will have it”

“You like it that much??” he asks and I stare at him in disbelief.

“That piano is seriously the best. You have no idea the sound quality and resonance it has” he stares blankly at me and I sigh. “Come here” I drag him into the store and say hello to the owner before going to the piano.

I sit on the piano and Hyunseong just stands on the other side looking at me. “Now listen” I start to play my favorite compositions by Kayo Konishi and Yukio Kondou. It is a sad but calming melody that has a dark shade but it is really beautiful.

When I am done I look at Hyunseong who is staring at me with a weird look. “So, what do you think about the piano??”

“Jeongmin, you are really good it” he says smiling. “And you look so peaceful when you are playing” then he adds shyly “I heard you also sing, I would like to hear your voice”

I don’t know how but his words somehow convinced me to sing for him. I started playing I will protect you on the piano and I sing on cue.

Just as I am done with the second verse and I take a deep breath to sing the chorus. I hear a beautiful voice that makes me stay quiet in pure awe.

 

“I want to protect you

Even those bad habits of yours that are so wrong are what make me laugh during my rough days.

Although it will be slightly difficult, I will also say words like “I love you”

until the day you come to my arms first …“

 

It takes me a while to realize that the voice is actually coming from Hyunseong.

 

“… I am not able to let you go even with that baby because it will hurt more than dying.

I love you

You weren’t in front of any others but me, aren’t I holding onto your hands?

I can’t give you up to the arms of any others. I am trying hard to smile

 Why is my heart unable to let you go? ”

 

His voice stops singing and after a few seconds the melody I am playing also comes to an end. Then we thank the owner of the store and get out in silence.

“Your voice is really beautiful” Hyunseong tells me when we are back on my way home. “You got to be kidding me!!” I say and he looks at me confused.

“Your voice is freaking amazing Hyunseong!” he just chuckles in response. “You are being too nice” he answers with a shy smile.

When I finally arrive home I head to my room and fall into my bed. When I close my eyes I can hear Hyunseong singing voice inside my head. I would never admit it to him but I think his voice is as good as mine. OK! His voice is better but just by little. I sigh and turn around on my bed.

 

I don’t know why but I want to listen to him singing again

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Hello!! I am updating.

So this is my first ever fic and I want to share this story with all of you Jeongseong shippers.

Please let me know what you guys think about it on the comments!!

BTW: Thank Kim Jaejoong and his beautiful voice for the long chapter 

 

About the music references on this chapter:

The song Jeongmin is playing during music club is Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp6Coee-iJg

The song Jeongmin plays on the music store is actually Lilium of Elfen Lied: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbllUy8h97M

The song Jeongmin plays and sings and then Hyunseong ends singing is Kim Jaejoong's I will protect you

                     Vocal & Lyric version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS8ybLVulVA

                     Piano version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXaLBaVD4HM

 

PS: If you guys want to check some of my other stories please check it out here http://www.asianfanfics.com/profile/view_author_stories/194471/L

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND