Twenty Six

Shelter

I open my eyes slowly as the light illuminating the room is too bright for my still sleepy self, soon my sight adjusts to the environment and I am looking at the big glass door in Hyunseong’s room that leads to its balcony. I can see the clear sky and the beautiful ocean under it but more important than what I see, is who I don´t see.

Hyunseong is not next to me. I am alone lying on his bed as images of what happened between us last night run through my mind, my cheeks immediately warming up and my heart beating faster. I burry my head deeper on the fluffy pillow trying to make those embarrassing images go away.

I stop my movements when I hear a door opening, followed by the sound of light footsteps coming from the bathroom’s direction. It takes only a few seconds before the sound stops at my left side. I turn my face to look at the source of all the noise and I meet two beautiful dark eyes looking at me in a way that makes me feel conscious.

In a way that makes me realize the upper half of my body is exposed right now and the lower is only covered by thin bed sheets.

“Hi” Hyunseong’s voice is deep and soothing but almost immediately my attention is diverted from his voice to his lips, those beautiful red bowed shaped lips. I can’t help but marvel at how sweet those lips always taste to me and how yesterday, they tasted better than ever.

“Hi” I answer as I try to pull the bed sheets up to cover my back but soon my attempt is stop when Hyunseong lies down on the bed facing me. He looks into my eyes but I am too embarrassed to return his stare, he keeps looking at me without saying a word and it is unfair that he has already bathed and changed while I am still… well, like this. So I turn to look the other way as a sign of protest.

Soon Hyunseong tries to gain my attention by drawing intricate patterns on the exposed skin of my left shoulder and back with his fingertips. He invades my senses once again and I close my eyes enjoying the soft touch that now reaches my neck.

“Jeongmin” Hyunseong’s voice is as low as a whisper which sounds like a lullaby on my ears and I am so close to drift to dreamland but a pair of soft lips pressing on my back doesn’t allow me to. I leave a deep sigh out as Hyunseong covers my back with loving kisses. Kisses soft and light as a butterfly’s touch but that leave such a strong burning sensation on my skin that I feel like I am melting.

“Jeongmin” Hyunseong calls my name again in such an alluring way that I am so tempted to turn around to kiss him and lose myself in him once again but before I can do anything a knock on the door is heard and Hyunseong’s touch and lips are gone.

“Hyunseong! You are already awake?” I hear Donghyun saying, his voice sounds a bit groggy probably because of all of the alcohol he drank yesterday. “Yes Hyung” Hyunseong answers before I hear a door closing.

I turn around on the bed and look at the door with a pout as if asking it to magically open and let me see Hyunseong but I know that won’t happen so I stretch my limbs before standing from the bed which I regret immediately when I am on my feet because my whole body feels sore.

I walk slowly towards the bathroom and leave a sigh out when I finally reach it. Once I close the door I look at my reflection in the mirror and notice the disheveled way I look. My hair is a complete mess, my lips look swollen and there are several reddish marks from my neck to my chest, some more noticeable than others.

I open my eyes wide as I realize all of this is Hyunseong’s doing, the marks on my body are a reminder of what happened last night and strangely enough I don’t feel ashamed of it, not at all. It is actually the opposite, I feel really happy and lucky to have Hyunseong next to me to experience everything that there is to come in life and love.

.

.

.

“Do you really have to go home now?” Hyunseong asks in a soft voice as he holds my hand tightly. “Shouldn’t you have asked this before driving me home?” I let a chuckle out to hide the fact that I don’t want to be apart from him either, I don’t even want to let go of his hand.

“I am sorry. I know you have a dinner with your parents but, is just…” Hyunseong doesn’t finish his words but he doesn’t need to. I know exactly how he feels, it seems the more time we spend together the harder is to be away from each other afterwards, even more after days like this one.

After I showered and put on some fresh clothes Hyunseong and I spent the whole day doing whatever we wanted to. We played some video games together and he beat me in almost every game he owned, which were a whole lot more than I imagined. I did manage to win a few rounds thanks to a couple of kisses used as distraction.

In the afternoon I offered to cook lunch which wasn’t the brightest idea. We went to the market together but Hyunseong was being too touchy and clingy and I was desperately trying to stay away for him which resulted in us buying the most random ingredients to make bulgogi. At the end we just ate some ramyon with kimchi and other side dishes we could find in Hyunseong’s fridge.

The rest of the afternoon was spent between playing some other games and watching tv lazily, which was only an excuse for me to use Hyunseong as a human pillow, he seemed to be more than happy to comply though and he even cuddled with me. It was a glimpse of what would it be to live with Hyunseong.

“You want to dine with us?” I have no idea why I say that but the huge smile in Hyungseong’s face tells me it was right to say it, even though my mom would get mad and my dad would probably kill me when he see us together.

“Are you sure? ” Hyunseong’s once happy face is now replaced with one of sadness and worry. “I don’t want you to get in trouble because of me” even though I have never told him, Hyunseong knows he is not exactly welcomed in my house, maybe because of the numerous times my dad has glared at him when he saw him in the club.

It is like I have been hiding him from my parents to avoid trouble and I know he is hurt by it. I can see the sadness in his eyes when I come up with silly excuses so we don’t hang out at my place. I can feel it on the last kiss we share before I left his car, I can see the longing when he sees me walk home alone.

How hard has it been for him all this time? Why hasn’t he complain or get mad about it? Is it because he feels that he is protecting me in some way? Like right now, he doesn’t want me to get in trouble even if that means for me to cross that door and lie about where I have been and what I have been doing, to deny him.

But he is wrong. Now I realize hiding him is like hiding a part of me, probably the best part of me. I don’t want to hide what I feel for Hyunseong from my parents anymore; even though I know things will get harder and probably complicated as hell.

“I am sure” I don’t want to hurt Hyunseong with my selfish actions anymore, even if it is little by little, I’ll try to erase all of the pain and worry Hyunseong has felt because of me.