Fifteen

Shelter

Saturday and Sunday were awkward days to say the least. My parents spent most of his time outside of the house, obviously they weren’t together they were trying to avoid each other and ended up ignoring me in the process, so I was basically on my shelter all the time.

When Monday morning arrives and I am eating my breakfast before leaving for school I finally see my mom when she enters the kitchen.

“Good morning Jeongmin” I look at her and greet her back. She looks tired and her usual happy self in the mornings is nowhere to be seen. I want to ask her if she is ok but I don’t want to make things weirder than they already are.

When I am done eating my cereal I place my dish in the skin and turn around to talk with her “Mom, you think I can go to my friend’s house after school and sleep there??” Actually, tonight is the day I am supposed to have dinner with Hyunseong and his dad.

She looks at me for a few seconds, analyzing my words carefully. “Are you staying with Hyunseong??” her words take me by surprise. How did she know I was talking about him?? I was planning to spend the night at my shelter but how do I explain this??

“I… No” I lie to my mom and keep silence. I can see in her eyes she is struggling with something, like she is holding back a load of emotions and thoughts, all of the questions she wants to ask and everything she wants to say to me.

“Jeongmin, don’t lie to me” she looks down at the table. “I have seen you two together … he seems to really care for you” she says with a smile on her face and watery eyes. I open my eyes wide in surprise as realization hits me, she knows.

My mom knows about Hyunseong and I.       

Damn!! Damn!! DAMN!! How did she know?? What if she hates me now?? What if she has told my dad about it?? I am so dead. “Mom, I …” I try to talk but she cuts me off.

“Don’t worry. I am happy as long as you are happy” a silent tear rolls down her cheek before she leaves me all alone in the kitchen. I just stay there like a statue. Her eyes, in them were something I never thought I would see.

 

Pure and raw disappointment.

I know my mom too well. Even though she says it is ok with her, it really isn’t. She will never fully accept the fact that I love another man. She will pretend to understand because she loves me and I thank her for trying, I really do and I will probably thank her for the rest of my life but …

But I also know she will never be able to hide the disappointed look in her eyes.

 

.

.

.

 

I take a deep breath before entering the huge building that is in front of me, this condo building set in the fanciest part of the district is where Hyunseong and his dad are staying until the end of the week before he goes back to London, with or without Hyunseong is a matter that still hasn’t been solved.

The lobby of the building is really elegant, there is a counter made of white marble and a huge chandelier on the roof, this place looks like a five star hotel if you ask me. “Good night Sir, Can I help you?” a middle age man dressed as a butler asks me after bowing at me.

“Hi, I am looking for the Shim family” I try to sound confident on my words but I can’t hide the nervousness that is invading me right now.

“Oh, you must be the guest Mr. Shim mentioned earlier. Please head to the Penthouse on the top floor” he answers politely and points to the golden colored elevator before going back behind the counter. “I’ll let them know you are here” he adds once I am inside of the elevator, just before the doors close.

I let out a sigh and look at my reflection inside of the glass made elevator’s walls. My blue and white jacket fits perfectly above my low v-neck black shirt, matching with my black denim that is not too tight or too loose on my body, completing my outfit with some white sneakers.

Even though I am confident in my fashion decision that makes me look like a goody good kid, perfect for this occasion,  I actually look like I am about to throw up any minute, I think I have never been more nervous in my life. What would Hyunseong’s dad be like?? I know he is a respected businessman but nothing else. What if he ends up taking Hyunseong away??

 

The high ding sound announces the elevator’s door being opened and I look up facing kind eyes and a warm smile that makes my nervousness vanish.

“Hi” I say before automatically smiling back at him and letting the warm feeling of his presence to invade me from head to toes. I am so used to seeing Hyunseong in his training clothes or his school uniform that whenever I see him in casual clothes I feel like I am getting to know a new side of him.

Right now he is wearing a white button up shirt whit a thin black tie and a black vest on top on it highlighting his broad shoulders and chest. The light khaki pants he is wearing fitting his legs in the most favorable of ways.

He looks really handsome or more like beautiful … Damn!! I am starting to sound like a girl but really, why do I suddenly feel the urge of kissing him and holding him as close as my arms would allow me to?? Is it me or it has become suddenly hot in here??

Without any notice Hyunseong’s arms surround my waist pulling me close to him and embracing me. My arms naturally circle around his neck and our chests press together in a long awaited hug. “Hi” his voice is low and he talks directly to my ear which makes me blush.

I hide my face in the crook of his neck inhaling his scent which makes my whole body get warm. “I missed you” he adds before kissing my cheek lightly which only increases the burning sensation inside of me. I am really tempted to kiss him. Right here, right now, I want to feel closer to him.

We haven’t seen each other for three days and it might sound crazy as hell but I feel like I haven’t seen him for years. I have missed him so much, I have missed being just like this in his warm safe embrace that numbs my mind making me forget everything that is not Shim Hyunseong.

 

“Son” a deeper voice startles me and I immediately let go of him. Sitting in a black leather single couch, just a few meters away from us there is a man wearing an elegant and expensive looking blue navy suit, his whole image giving off the air of a tough businessman.

The man looks a lot like Hyunseong, except for the fact that his almond shaped eyes are a beautiful honey like color with wrinkles at the ends which gives away his age, he must be in his late forties. Another noticeable difference is that his nose is wider than Hyunseong’s and his cheeks chubbier.

“Hyunseong, don’t be rude. Introduce me to your …” the man clears his throat before continuing “… friend” Hyunseong’s dad looks at me from head to toes, like I am some kind of cat on display in a pet shop that his little son wants him to buy and he is trying to find the slightest imperfection so he can denies his request.

“Jeongmin, this is my father. Shim Bumsoo” Hyunseong says and I give a 90 degrees bow to said man who has gotten near us and is standing in front of me now.

“Nice to meet you Mr. Shim” I raise my head and look at the man in the eyes. He still has the same look, like he is analyzing my words and making a critical appreciation of my every movement.

“Dad, this is Lee Jeongmin. My boyfriend” I immediately feel a sudden heat invading my cheeks.

BOYFRIEND!!?? Boyfriend?? Are we in that sort of relationship?? We are boyfriend and well, boyfriend?? Hyunseong’s boyfriend?? Did he seriously just say that TO HIS DAD??

I turn around to look at Hyunseong after his bold stamen. He looks really happy, he has a big smile on his face and his eyes are shining while looking into mine. Those almond shaped dark orbs express how proud he is to call me his boyfriend, like he has wanted to say it for a long time.

My initial shock is quickly replaced with happiness, the kind of joy you can’t hide even if you want to and I end up smiling like a fool. Yes, I am a fool and it is all fault of the guy who I can’t stop looking at.

I finally turn my attention to Mr. Shim again who is shocked but tries to cover it with a tiny uncomfortable smile. “Nice to meet you Jeongmin-ssi” the man says.

“Hyunseong, why don’t you serve dinner” Mr.Shim adds and Hyunseong disappears to the kitchen leaving me alone with his father. Mr. Shim leads me to the dining room where a dark oak table is placed in a very elegant manner.

Mr. Shim sits at the head of the table and I sit to his left side, assuming that Hyunseong will sit at his right. There is a long moment of silence in which I just don’t know what is taking Hyunseong so long?? It is awkward to be alone with his father.

“So, Jeongmin-ssi. Do you love my son??”

 

WHAT!! WHAT?? DID HE SERIOUSLY ASKED ME IF I LOVE HYUNSEONG??

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________