Seven

Shelter

 

I hear my phone ringing and reach for it while yawning. “Hello??” I ask whoever is calling. My eyes are still closed because I don’t want to wake up yet.

“Lee Jeongmin!! Your dad is going crazy because the tournament will start in half an hour and you promise to come, that is why I let you sleep at your friend’s house. Where are you??” my mom’s voice sounds louder than ever.

“Ok, mom. I will be there in a second” I answer before hanging up. I quickly sit down on the bed while rubbing the sleepiness out of my eyes. When I finally open them I see a pair of long legs on a corner of the bed. WHAT??

I keep looking up at the body and when I reach its face my heart starts pounding on my chest. Hyunseong is sleeping next to me. My eyes widen in realization when I remember what happened yesterday, he kissed me and I kiss him back.

I freeze and keep looking at his peaceful face while thinking what I should do. He has to go to the tournament too and it is freaking late so I just can’t let him sleep here but what will happen when he wakes up and he remembers what happened??

Will he not want to see me?? Will he act as nothing happened?? Will he feel uncomfortable around me?? I sigh. I don’t want our friendship to be ruined because of a kiss.

I unconsciously bite my lower lip as I remember the feeling his lips on mine gave me, it was so unexpected and new that is why I still remember the tingling sensation and the fire spreading through my body. The feeling was so strong I thought I was under some kind of spell and I just wanted to keep being bewitched.

I shake my head and make those thoughts go away as I poke Hyunseong’s arm to wake him up. “Hyunseong” I say in a light whisper but he doesn’t move nor react. I try pulling his shirt slightly but he keeps sleeping.

I start poking his stomach and I feel strong muscles making my task hard. Does he have rocks for abs or what?? “Hyunseong” I say in a higher tone but he doesn’t move. Damn!! I have to wake him up now!! I pull his arm hard and I see his eyes opening in shock and confusion.

He quickly takes a hold of my arm and pulls it hard making me fall onto the mattress with a plop as he hovers over me. His eyes still look sleepy and confused, he stares at my eyes and I quickly look to the side.

Suddenly I feel his breath ghosting on my cheek and when I look back at him his deep black eyes seem to be shining. I notice his face is too close to mine. if I move, our lips will meet, “It is you” Hyunseong whispers to me and my heart quickens when his warm breath hits my lips.

What is he doing?? Did I wake him up or is he still asleep?? Why are his lips so close to mine?? Why I can’t stop staring into his eyes?? Why is suddenly so hot in here?? 

I gulp and try to talk but I am cut by the ringing sound of my phone. Hyunseong’s gaze leaves mine as he notices the object and I see him frowning in confusion, after a second his eyes open wide and he abruptly moves away from me, sitting on the bed with his back facing me.

With my heart still beating like crazy I grab my phone and answer it. This time it is the captain of the kendo club calling me. “Jeongmin” his voice sounds really worried. “Do you know where Hyunseong is??” his question leaves me without words.

The tournament must be about to start and Hyunseong hasn’t arrived yet but I can’t tell him that I am with Hyunseong right now. “No” I lie to him. I can’t explain him that he is in my shelter without letting him know about this place.

“Hasn’t he called you?? I am trying to reach him but his phone is turned off” I look at Hyunseong who is standing close to the bed just staring at the ground.

“No, but I am sure he will be there in a minute” I say to the captain before hanging up.

“Hyunseong! You have to go now” I say in a loud tone to catch his attention and I can notice fear on his eyes when he looks back at me. “Hey, did you hear me??” I ask in a lower tone. What is going on with Hyunseong?? First he is way too close to me and now he looks scared??

“Yeah, I will go. I am sorry” his voice sounds weak and he starts walking slowly to the stairs. What is wrong?? Why is he acting like this??

“Hyunseong! Hurry up and change into your training clothes. It is freaking late and we have to go to the tournament now!!” I give him a worried smile and Hyunseong just looks at me in utter confusion.

“We??”  he asks, the same puzzled look on his face. What is wrong with him this morning??

“Yes, I promise my dad I will go to that tournament so I have to go there too. Now hurry up!!” I go close to him and start pushing him towards the stairs. At this rhythm if I wait for him to move we will never get out of here.

He starts climbing the stairs and when he is gone I start cleaning my shelter a bit. After putting everything in place I head upstairs and put away the dummy doll and the training swords before I enter to the locker rooms.

“Hyunseong, hurry up!!” I say while approaching to the sinks and I stop when I see Hyunseong’s pale , his toned muscled arms are tying up his hakama at a side and I can see on the reflection of the mirrors his well sculpted abs, so he does has rocks for abs.

I stare at him for what it seems for hours and I must look like such a creep right now but as much is tell my mind that I have to stop looking at him my eyes won’t obey me. I feel my cheeks warmer than usual and I notice on the reflection of the mirror my blushing face.

Hyunseong finally puts on his gi and covers his chest. I let out a sigh I don’t know I was holding and I am finally able to look elsewhere other than Hyunseong. “Did you finish??” I ask while standing close to him and he nods.

“Let’s go!!” he says smiling brightly and holding my hand pulling me outside of the lockers and of the club. I quickly close down the club and when I turn around Hyunseong is nowhere to be seen. I feel a stinging pain on my chest. Did he leave me??

“Jeongmin!!” I hear Hyunseong’s voice coming from the inside of a black Hyundai Genesis with polarized windows that looks like new. My jaw almost drops when I see it. “Jeongmin” I hear Hyunseong again and I run to the car getting into the passenger’s seat.

The inside sits are all made of black leather and it is really comfortable and spacious “Hyunseong, this car is awesome!! Are you rich or something??” I let out a small laugh as I speak my mind. “I am not “ he says calmly “My dad, he … he gave me this car for my birthday” his voice sounds slightly sad.

Hyunseong’s dad?? I know her mom kicked him out of his house but he said she remarried, so his parents are divorced?? Where is his dad now?? Now that I think about it I don’t know much about Hyunseong’s family, he never talks about it.

“Hyunseong, where is your dad??” I speak out loud and I realize what I just asked him. Damn, why did I just say that?? There must be a reason why he never told me about his dad. I sigh and look down. Why can’t I keep my mouth shut??

We keep quiet for a long time and the mood feels heavy. “If you are curious about him you can meet him” Hyunseong’s words cut the silence “He is supposed to come back to Seoul in a month” he adds and I am speechless. Did he just ask me to meet his dad??

 

.

.

.

 

“We are here” he says and I look up, realizing we are already in the parking lot of the stadium where the tournament is being held.

“Hyunseong, I will be going now. My dad is going to kill me for being late but I still have to go” I say while unfastening my seatbelt and opening the car’s door.  I get out of the car and turn around to him before leaving “Good luck” I say briefly and smile sincerely at him.

He doesn’t say a word, he just shows me his bright warming smile that it makes me feel really comforted and renew but there is something else, this time I feel fuzzy inside my chest.

 

I don’t know why but when he smiled back at me my heart started beating faster. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hello!! I am updating!!

 

I don't have much to say about this chapter just that YES! Hyunseong's dad is the one with the money on thi story ^^

I want to hear what you guys have to say about this chapter and about the storyline in general so please comment :D

Thank you for keep reading and I hope you are enjoying this story.

 

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND