Eigtheen

Shelter

After talking with Mr. Lee for a few minutes in which Hyunseong was giving me confused and curious looks I finally hang up. I can´t believe I was actually talking with someone as important as him. This isn´t a dream, is it??

"So, who was that??" Hyunseong asks in a casual way and I turn to look at him.

"Mr. Lee" I answer while my mind is still in blank. Was that for real?? Did he seriously invite me to audition for Starship Ent??

"Mr. Lee. Who is that??" Hyunseong's question brings me back to earth.

"The Chief of talent development of Starship Ent..." Hyunseong's face is utterly surprised and I can´t blame him but somehow saying it out loud makes it all real and a huge grin spreads on my face automatically.

I start laughing happily and Hyunseong smiles at me realizing what my sudden joy means "I have an audition Hyunseong!!" he holds my hand intertwining our fingers and squeezing it lightly "A real audition!! On Thursday!!"

"That’s great Jeongmin" Hyunseong says while quickly glancing at me before focusing his attention once again on the road. “I am really happy for you” he adds and I can’t help but smile at him. To be a part of a big company like Starship have been one of my dreams for a long time and now I can make it happen.

And it is all thanks to Hyunseong, if he hadn’t talked with his friends I might never get a chance like this. I am really lucky to have him next to me.

“Thursday, that is really soon. Would you have enough time to prepare??” Hyunseong asks me with genuine concern on his voice and I smile at him.

“Of course!! I am more than ready, I have been waiting for a chance like this for..” Suddenly I remember Mr. Lee words and I panic.

 

You’ll have to prepare a song and a dance besides what we ask you to sing. We’ll provide instruments in case you need them so please don’t bring any

 

“HYUNSEONG!!” my voice coming out louder than I expected which causes him to jump slightly on his seat because of shock “I need someone that teaches me to dance!!”

 

.

.

.

 

I am sitting on the wooden floor exhausted after all the dancing I have been doing for the past two hours. “Hyung, are you ok?? You look beaten” Minwoo, the little dance machine that is helping me to come up with a dance routine for my audition says while sitting next to me.

“Minwoo, you were too hard on him!!” Youngmin, who is also helping me, says after stopping the music and he comes to stand in front of Minwoo. “Let’s take a break before he passes out” the taller one says pointing at me.

I sit on the floor immediately after his words. Do I look that bad?? Have I been pushing myself too hard to make this dance routine perfect?? I look at my reflection on the sized wall mirror and my face is all red, my hair is damp and sweat is running down the sides of my forehead. Ok, I look awful.

“Maybe you are right, Youngmin. Let’s take a break for now” Minwoo agrees.

“Who are you calling in such an informal way??!! I am your hyung!!” Youngmin emphasizes the difference on his ages and I instantly start laughing.

This constant bickering has been happening since the day Hyunseong introduce them to me. They are both his juniors on school and really good dancers. At first I was a bit dubious about them helping me because I wasn´t sure of what type of persons they’ll turn out to be.

Maybe they were people that just stand next to Hyunseong because of his money or maybe they agreed because they both want to be a part of the Sejong Kendo Club too, but when I met them, I realized they were good people who genuinely care about Hyunseong.

They have been part of the school's dance club for a while, as well as the kendo club, that is how they know Hyunseong and the reason why we are allowed to use one of the school’s dance rooms just for the three of us.

This school is fancier that I could have ever imagined, it is bigger that my whole neighborhood and pretty much everyone in here is a chaebol. Just like Minwoo and Youngmin, they both come from very powerful households.

They are actually good friends but they love to fight with each other and age is one of the many things they fight about. They only have a 3 months age difference which Youngmin never lets Minwoo forget.

“I won’t call you like that Youngmin. We are the same age!!” Minwoo points out and Youngmin scoffs. I laugh even more and they both turn around to look at me.

“Why don’t we go grab a bite??” I make a peace offer and I notice in both his eyes how their fight his long forgotten with just the thought of food, they are really funny kids.

We make it to the school cafeteria in no time and we sit on one of the tables. There is almost no one except for a few study groups here and there. We quickly order some sandwiches and drinks and start eating.

“Thanks for helping me guys” I say after pretty much devouring the snacks “I would have been lost without you” I sincerely smile at them and they look surprised.

“Hyung, it is ok. We are happy to help” Minwoo says kindly.

“Yes, you are really nice hyung, not at all as they say” Youngmin lets out and Minwoo looks at him with a murdered gaze. I am not as they say?? As who says??

“What do you mean Youngmin??” I ask the older of them who looks like he wants the earth to swallow him right now.

“Well, hyung you do know they call you the ‘Ice Prince’ of your school, right??” Minwoo says carefully watching my reaction with every new word he lets out.

Ice Prince?? Really?? Do I come across that cold to them?? Well, it is not like I am social at all “I didn’t know” I answer Minwoo.

“Yeah, so we thought that you’ll be kind of distant with us and it’ll be really hard to teach you a dance but you are not” Youngmin adds smiling.

“We totally get why Hyunseong hyung likes to spend so much time with you and why he wouldn’t shut up about it. It is really easy to talk with you hyung and you are even a good dancer” Minwoo says in hopes of lightening the mood.

“Good dancer??” I laugh out at his words. They are just being too nice right now. I know dancing isn’t one of my strong points. “Thanks guys”.

A buzz of my phone makes me pick it up and I read a new text from Hyunseong.

 

< Practice is over … I am already on my way. Wait for me *3*

I smile at the text and quickly answer it.

> Hurry!! I am waiting  ><

 

“Was that your girlfriend, Jeongmin Hyung??” Youngmin asks me after I put my phone away and I shake my head “I don’t have a girlfriend, it was just Hyunseong” I tell them and Minwoo starts laughing uncontrollably.

“Sorry, hyung. You just looked suddenly happy that is why I thought …” Youngmin who has become red tries to apologize for misunderstanding the situation.

“It is ok, I really don’t mind. Let’s go back to practice, ok?” They agree and we leave the cafeteria to go back at the studio for a few more rehearsals.

I am really happy to have met these two. They are really nice people who are trying to be good friends to Hyunseong by helping me and that says a lot about how they are. They are also different than most interested people out there.

 

It is funny how because of Hyunseong everything around me keeps changing or maybe I am the one that has changed. Honestly, I think I would never feel like this again but somehow I really wish that with time Youngmin and Minwoo can also become my friends.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE (1/2)

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND!