Twenty Four

Shelter

“SURPIRSE!!!” Loud yelling can be heard in the apartment and a confused Hyunseong looks around surprised to see all of his friends reunited in the same place, his eyes opening wide in a cute way. I can’t help but smile while looking at him being hugged by every single person on the room and receiving more gifts that he can hold in his arms.

I never thought planning a birthday party was such hard work. Since I only had a week to pull this off I was worried things wouldn't go as planned but watching him standing in the middle of the room right now surrounded by all of the people that care for him, even more just looking at the bright smile he is sporting is enough for me. I can honestly say all the sleepless nights were worthed.

“This place looks great" Donghyun's voice reaches my ears and I turn to my right where he is standing. “I don’t know how you manage to turn my house into a club” he chuckles lightly before taking a sip from his cup of beer.

“It was all thanks to Hyunseong’s friends, they helped me out a lot” I can honestly say that without Seulong, Jinwoon, Youngmin, Minwoo and even Jia who came to help without even asking, this party couldn’t have happened. I owned them a lot.

“I thought they were your friends as well” he says with a light smile and I lower my head. I really feel lost at his words, my friends? I don`t think they see me as their friend, after all I have met them through Hyunseong.

 

“Jeongmin!” A happy loud voice makes me look up and I see Hyunseong standing before me with an amazing smile on his lips. He looks at me for a second before hugging me tightly and I melt at his touch enjoying the closeness of our bodies but too soon I realize we are not alone and I push him away slightly, my cheeks burning.

“I can’t believe you did all of this” he says in a tone full of excitement and happiness, his eyes reflecting the same emotion. “Everyone is here” he says looking around to his friends bouncing to the rhythm of the music that the DJ has started playing.

“It is your birthday; of course everyone has to be here celebrating with you” I answer placing my hand lightly on his shoulder just to have an excuse to prolong our closeness. “So, you like the surprise?”

“I love it” Hyunseong says looking directly into my eyes with a soft gaze and I know what his words really mean Thank you.. I love you..  I really want to kiss him right now and hug him as tightly as my arms will allow me to but I can’t. We can’t say what we really feel and act the way we really want to in this room full of people.

“Hey birthday boy! Come dance!” a yell coming from the crowd of people dancing is heard and soon Hyunseong is being dragged to the dance floor by some boys of the Kendo Club.

I just stand close to the bar and pour myself a drink. I look around the room pretending to be interested on what others are doing but what my eyes can only focus on are Hyunseong. I have never seen him dancing before and it is really a sight to behold.

His body moves perfectly with the fast beat of the song, his legs going smoothly around the dance floor which makes you think he is not event touching it, almost like he is floating. The way he flexes his arms and moves his chest up and down to create a new step only accentuates the beautiful shape of his upper muscles, the thin shirt he is wearing giving you a perfect picture of what is under those clothes.

A sigh involuntary leaves my lips and I have to take a good sip of my drink because my mouth has suddenly gone dry. I look away for a moment and notice my heart beating fast on my chest. I can’t believe that just by staring at him for a while my heart is beating so hard, I am really weak towards Hyunseong.

What will happen to my heart if I allow myself to be selfish and start dancing with Hyunseong? How will my heart react to feel his body moving against mine? I shake my head to make those thoughts go away before pouring myself another drink. I try to get distracted by going to the kitchen and refilling some snacks or by bringing out more drinks but I fail miserably, just a few minutes later I end up looking at Hyunseong dancing again.

It seems like Hyunseong has been dancing with all his might because his hair looks damp, it is sticking at the sides and the front it is slightly up, giving him a disheveled but yet alluring look. His hair looks so soft that I only want to run my fingers and mindlessly play with it. Hyunseong’s eyes are slightly closed as he moves his head enjoying the music taking over his mind and body. A teasing drop of sweat goes down the side of his face tracing the perfect shape of his long jaw and going down his neck until it disappears under his shirt.

I gulp and I can feel my face burning so I try to stop looking but at that moment his nose wrinkles in a cute way and a little joyful smile plays on his lips. How can he look so handsome and cute at the same time? There are a lot sides of Hyunseong that I still don't know of but I am planning to discover all of them, I want to know all about him.

“So, that is Hyunseong, uh? He is a good dancer” a clear voice talking too close to my ear surprises me and I jump slightly pouring some of the contents of my glass on the floor. Damn, the captain is going to kill me if he sees this. I promised I wouldn’t leave a single stain when he allowed me to do the party here.

I look up at the owner of said voice “Sorry Jeongmin-ah. I didn’t mean to scare you” the man says with a playful smile.

“It is ok hyung” I answer before placing my glass on the table before causing any more accidents. “I am glad you came” I am truly happy that Jonghyun hyung accepted to come. After all he might be the closest thing to a friend that I have.

“Well, actually I was tired but someone wanted to go out and have a few drinks” he moves his head back like pointing at a corner in the room where some guests left their gifts for Hyunseong. Leaving a beautiful expensive looking box with gold letters written on the top, there is a blonde guy. He turns around and our eyes meet for a second, his look is soft and somehow apologetic a strong contrast from the last time I saw him.

“He also wanted to come and say thank you” Jonghyun’s words make me turn my attention to him. Thank you?? Why does he have to thank me for??

“Hi” the dance instructor’s voice interrupts my thoughts and I greet him back. “Hello” A strange and awkward silence surrounds the three of us and it is starting to be quite uncomfortable.

“Well, hmm .. Kibum this is Jeongmin, a very good dongsaeng of mine” Jonghyun says with a happy smile on his face. I bow at Kibum in response and he does the same.

“Since we are done with the introductions. Let’s drink!” Jonghyun says excited while pouring some beer on three cups.

We start talking about music, books, life and music again; the conversation doesn’t seem to have an end just like the drinks we keep on refilling. I honestly don’t remember the last time I had so much fun just by talking to someone, well besides Hyunseong.

.

.

.

I laugh at some teasing remark Kibum just made about the oldest of the three and Jonghyun hyung pouts making me laugh harder. “Hyung, you look like a kicked puppy” I say and Kibum burst out laughing too, the pout on Jonghyun hyung’s lips growing.

“Jeongmin-ah! I would adopt you if I didn’t have a kid already” Kibum says still laughing and I have no idea what he meant by that but it sounded funny.

Suddenly I feel a warm hand on my shoulder and I smile lightly, I know who it is even without looking. I turn to my left and see Hyunseong standing next to me. “I am Shim Hyunseong, Jeongmin’s boyfriend. Nice to meet you” He says in formal speech and I smile, Hyunseong is always so proper and polite.

I notice Jonghyun hyung looking at Hyunseong with big surprised eyes and Kibum has the same look but with a tiny smile on his face. Why are they reacting like that? It is not like Hyunseong is an alien or something.. Why are the staring at us like...

 

WAIT!! WHAT DID HE JUST SAID?? HYUNSEONG SAID.... BOY... BOYFRIEND?!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello dear readers, if you are still there I want to apologize with all of you for not updating in so long. 6 months is too much, I know T.T

I promise to update at least once a month so please bear with me, thank you for keep reading

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND