Twenty Seven

Shelter

The loud and long ringing of the bell is intolerable to my ears, instead of the announcement of an arrival it sounds more like an alarm inside my head saying this is a bad idea. I can’t help but wanting to turn around and run away as far as possible from this house and my parents, but even if saying the truth about my relationship with Hyunseong is a death sentence, I will do it.

The sounds dies and all that can be heard now is the sound of my own heartbeats, thumping loud like trying to replace the ringing sound, after a while there isn’t an answer coming from inside the house so I ring it again. I look at my left where a nervous looking Hyunseong is focused on the doorknob, waiting for it to move. I have never seen him like this, he is so absorbed in his own thoughts that he only reacts when I move closer to him and open the door with my keys.

I enter the living room first and realize is empty, the table has the white tablecloth my mom usually uses for dinner and the porcelain plates are already placed on the table. I walk to the kitchen and I find the food is already done, just a few dishes to wash. Where is mom? Did she forgot something and went to the store?

I go back to the living room and I find Hyunseong holding a picture frame. I stand behind him and try to take a look at the picture “What are you..”

“You look so cute” he says smiling to me and my face becomes red out of embarrassment. Hyunseong is looking at the most humiliating picture of my childhood.

“Don’t look at that” I try to snatch the picture out of his hands but he pulls it up, out of my reach. I immediate pout and glare at him.

“You look exactly like the picture” Hyunseong teases me and I really want to hit him and kick him out of my house right now.

“Why do you look sad though? Your eyes… were you crying?” my heart stops at Hyunseong’s words. In all this years no one once noticed that on the picture. How did he know? He looks at me waiting for an answer and I comply. I trust him more than anyone so the truth just comes out of my lips.

“My mom took that picture after I did kendo for the first time” I leave a sigh out “A kid hit me on my shoulder with the practice sword. It hurt so much I ended up crying and my dad… He of course yelled at me afterwards saying men don’t cry”

I immediately look down after saying those words, feeling ashamed of my bitter memory and the fact I remember it everytime I see that picture. I gaze the empty space where the frame is usually displayed and notice when Hyunseong puts it in his place, fixing it to look exactly the same as any other day. “Is that why you hate kendo?” he asks in a curious tone.

Is that the reason? Actually, I’ve never think about it. As long as I can remember I have always hated kendo, could that memory be the source of all the hate? “Maybe? I don’t know” I say laughing to get rid of the bitterness. Hyunseong laughs too, probably trying to make me feel comfortable.

Without saying another word I hold Hyunseong’s hand and pull him upstairs, he walks behind me in silence. In no time we reach my room “Hyunseong..” I look at him standing at my frame door looking fascinated at every little detail of my room and a smile instantly spreads on my face “I’m going to change into my clothes for dinner” I tell him before disappearing inside my bathroom with fresh clothes.

I look at my reflection in the mirror and thank the heavens that my mom wasn’t home because is pretty obvious I am not wearing my own clothes. Hyunseong’s black and blue shirt is too long for me so I had to fold the sleeves trice and his tracking pants are way too big for me. I look like a kid wearing his older brother’s clothes.

After no more than ten minutes I step out of the bathroom and the sight I am met with makes my heart beats faster. Hyunseong is lying on my bed comfortably reading some papers like is the most natural thing in the world. He is so focused on whatever he is reading he doesn’t notices me.

I look at the whole room and besides the initial shock; Hyunseong’s presence doesn’t look weird at all. On the contrary, it is as if Hyunseong was the piece my room always lacked: Now it looks warmer, brighter, complete; perfect.

I can’t help but smile at him and admire how handsome he always looks, the way his dark hair covers his forehead and makes his eyes stand out so much, those warm and beautiful almond shape eyes that always seem to look into my soul, like they are doing now.

“This song… you wrote it?” Hyunseong’s voice reaches my ears and I realize he is holding my music sheets. I immediately panic and go to his side, when I look at the sheet he is holding I feel my face burning and I look down focusing on the bed.

“What is the title?” Hyunseong ask but I can’t look at him right now. This is too embarrassing; he found the song I wrote for him. I take a deep breath before answering “When you arrived”

“Can I hear it?” I look at Hyunseong surprised by his request but I instantly regret it because the pleading looks he is giving me won’t allow me to say no. I remember Jonghyun hyung’s words when we talked for the first time.

You should sing it to that guy on the car, I bet he would love to hear it.

I really hope he is right. I stand up from the bed and grab my guitar that is placed near my closet. I sit in the only chair on the room facing Hyunseong and start playing the song I am most proud of, the song he has inspired, his song.

 

I used to think i knew who you were

I did not know that within you

I was going to find light

I did not know that a world like this existed

I did not know that i could be so happy

 

I remember the first time I ever saw Hyunseong, standing on my classroom talking politely and being all shy. Who could have known that I would love him like I do, that his sole presence would bring me happiness and peace.

 

And life passed by without emotion

There was nothing floating in the air embracing my heart

 

Before I met him every day was the same, a boring pattern that I followed in which music was the only escape but even there I felt like something was missing.

 

And you came

And the world embraced me

And you appeared and the world stood still

 

Everytime Hyunseong kisses me I feel like the world stops for a while, like we are the only ones that matter and something inside of me tell me this is right, that I have found the missing part.

 

And you came and it took me by surprise

The power that was present in this love

And you appeared, a blessing

I still remember the moment in which everything changed

 

Is amazing all of the things I have done since I met him. I have friends now, I auditioned for a music company, I even stood up to my parent. I’m sure I wouldn’t have been able to do those things if it wasn’t because of Hyunseong’s support and the courage this love has given me.

 

And you came and it took me by surprise

The power that's present in this love

And you appeared, a blessing

I still remember....when you arrived

 

Now that I am in your arms, i remember my loneliness

And i laugh remembering the times i let you pass me by

And you appeared and the world embraced me

And you came and the world stood still

 

I always wonder how many times did Hyunseong and I crossed paths before all of this started? How many times did I see him on the club? How many times we were in the same place without noticing each other? How many chances of being this happy sooner did I miss?

 

And you came and it took me by surprise

The power that was present in this love

And you appeared, a blessing

I still remember the moment in which everything changed

 

A peck, just a simple brush of his lips and mine were enough, that first kiss we shared in my shelter was what made everything change, and slowly even I changed.

 

And you came and it took me by surprise

The power that's present in this love

And you appeared, a blessing

I still remember....when you arrived

 

When Hyunseong arrived I… I started to live.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello!!! I am back after a way too long absence and I apologize for that. So, Jeongseong is back and in a very fluffy way.

About the song Jeongmin sings, is actually a ballad in spanish called "Y llegaste tú" by the duo Sin Bandera, if you want to check out the song click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbHBnlHHkHM 

And the translation is by istanbulgal on this page: http://lyricstranslate.com/en/Llegaste-Tu-You-came.html

 

To everyone that is still reading this story thank you and please show your love by leaving a comment, subscribing, upvoting and all of that.

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND