Six

Shelter

 

After Hyunseong left me home I was inspired like I have never been. I start to write the lyrics of a song I have been composing for a while and when I was done I had this urgent need to play it so I left my house which was lucky empty and came to the club.

After some hours on the storage room working on the song I put my guitar down and lie down on the bed. It is already too late to go home so I call my mom telling her I am staying at a friend’s place. I just put a blanket above me and close my eyes to rest.

 

.

.

.

 

A weird sound wakes me up. It sounds like there is a battle happening right above my head. I look at my watch and it is 2 am. There is no way I heard that right, no one in their right mind will be awake at this hour. It must have been something else.

After a few seconds of being in silence I hear the same sound, this time I hear the sound clearly. It is the sound of a shinai hitting something hard. The sound repeats itself again and again and again. What the hell is going on up there??

I get out of bed and grab one of the bokutos from the storage room then I slowly make my way up. When I enter the office I notice there is some light coming from the other side. Ok, there is definitely someone else in here.

I take a deep breath before opening the door “YAA!! WHO ARE YOU?? WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE AT THIS HOUR??” I yell at the stranger but when I notice who it is the wooden sword slips from my hands and my eyes open wide in surprise.

 

Hyunseong is here.

 

He is holding a shinai with both of his hand as he hits the practice dummy. He is wearing the some clothes he was wearing hours ago except he looks like he was attacked or something. I am not surprised at him being here or what he is wearing or doing. What I am surprised about is seeing his eyes full of tears and the hurt look he has.

“Hyu- Hyungseong?” he looks at me as if he just saw a ghost and quickly turns around. I can only see his back. “Hyunseong??” I ask again but he doesn’t move nor answers. What is going on with him?? I move closer to him until I am standing right behind him.

“Hey, Hyunseong, are you ok??” I stretch my hand to try to touch his shoulder and check on him but I am soon trapped between two strong arms holding on my waist. Hyunseong hugs me tight, maybe too tight. Is he okay?? Why is he acting like this??

When I hear light sniffles I realize he is still crying, without thinking it I hug him back. Then I feel his head resting on my shoulder and his breath hits my neck. I don’t know why he is crying but I sure don’t like it.

“I am sorry” Hyunseong breaks the silence after a few minutes and my eyes snap open. When did I close them?? “I am sorry. I didn’t mean to disturb you” he whispers while letting go of me.

“Are you ok??” I ask as he wipes the dry tears away of his face and nods. “You sure??” he nods again. “You are really sure??” 

“I am fine Jeongmin” he answers.

“Ok then. How did you get in here??” I ask and his eyes open wide.

“I was about to ask you the same thing” Hyunseong says and a small smile appears on his lips.

I smile at him in return “I just decide to sleep here today” he gives me a suspicious look. “I will show you” I turn off the lights of the practice floor and lead Hyunseong passed the office down to the storage room and to my shelter.  If there is someone who I can share this secret with, it is him.

“Wow! All of this was here??” even though the lights are off he can distinguish all of the things I have brought to this place. He looks so surprised I can’t help but smile at his cute expression. Wait! Did I just call him cute?? What??

“Yes, this has been here for a while now” I say while sitting on my bed.

“You are really something else” Hyunseong sits on the bed too.

“Would you tell me how you get in??” I ask and he looks down at the bed.

“The captain gave me a spare key for emergencies” he explains “I swear this is the first time I use it” he looks at me with guilt in his eyes “I couldn’t stay on my house any longer” he sighs and looks down again.

“My mom, she remarried and she has a new family now. We all live in the same house but” he pauses. It is obvious he is struggling and hurting by talking about this. “It is ok. You don’t have to tell me” I don’t want to see him suffering.

Suddenly, he grabs my wrist. “No, I want you to know” he gives me a sad little smile and continues “She doesn’t care about me anymore, she just cares about her new family. I had a fight with one of my new brothers and he got the worst part. My mom kicked me out of the house after that”

I lose my words at that point, the only thing I can do is hug Hyunseong. I hug him really tight. “I am sorry” I whisper to him “I am really sorry”. I keep repeating those words for a long time, just trying to give him some kind of comfort by hugging him.

When he breaks the hug, he looks deeply into my eyes and I feel his warm hand placing on my shoulder and slowly going up through my neck to reach my cheek. He it softly with his thumb and he leans close to me. Our faces are just inches apart and he presses his forehead against mine and breaths out my name “Jeongmin”.

I know what he is about to do and I know I should push him away but I won’t, not when he is in this state, not when he needs someone to lean on, not when he needs me.

 

I feel his lips pressing mine in a light peck and I close my eyes out of instinct. His lips are soft and warm and after a few seconds they are gone. I hear him sighing and then I feel his lips on mine once again. He traps my upper lip as I feel one of his hands on the back of my neck making my head tilt to the side.

He traps my lower lip now and I feel my body getting warm. I haven’t kissed someone before, I only shared pecks with my ex-girlfriend so I don’t know what I am supposed to do but my lips react on its own and trap Hyunseong’s upper lip in response.

Our lips start to dance together, at first it is a bit clumsy like they are getting to know each other but after a few seconds they start to meet perfectly in all they ways I could think of and in ones I have never imagined, like they have been doing it for years.

Soon the warmth of my body turns into fire and my breath quickens. I am starting to feel lightheaded too but I guess this is just the effect of the lack of air, just when I am about to run out of air Hyunseong let my lips go.

I take deep breaths and try to stabilize my accelerated heartbeats. “I am sorry” I hear Hyunseong saying. I open my eyes and look at him, even with the lights off I can notice he is blushing.

“Don’t worry” I whisper and I lied down on the bed, facing the wall. “You can sleep here if you want to” I whisper and wait for his response but he doesn’t answer “Good night” I say after a few more minutes and close my eyes.

“Jeongmin, I …” Hyunseong starts to talk but I shush him. “Hyunseong it is late, let’s sleep” .

I don’t hear a reply but I feel a hand wrapping around my waist and my body being pulled close to something really warm and cozy. My heart quickens again as I feel a soft kiss being placed on the back of my neck and I hear Hyunseong’s words “Thank you”

 

I don’t know why but I left him hug me as much as he wanted that night.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello!!! I am updating again :D

Last chapter didn't have author's note because I was practically sleeping when I posted it but here I am again.

About last chapter, Miss A doing a little cameo in this story and if you didn't figure it out Hyunseong is a chaebol !!! kkkk

 

So, this chapter was actually written loooonggg ago!! like when I haven't even posted this story so it is pretty especial. I would like to hear what you have to say about it. It took me forever to describe the whole kiss (before, during and after) but I did my reasearch and it came out like this ^^ 

Thank you for keep reading this story, I am really thankful

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND