Four

Shelter

I sit lazily on a mat with a blueprint between my hands and look at Hyunseong who is teaching a younger guy some kind of movement where you hit the throat. I recently realized the younger member’s seem to go to Hyunseong for advice on how to perform a new movement or to tell them what they can improve.

It is not just that, the older students all greet Hyunseong when they see him and treat him with respect. It is like everyone on the club likes Hyunseong. How can you not like that guy really?? I think he is too perfect at times.

I look down and stare at the blueprint, I am still working on the expansion plans of the club but I just help my dad for two hours now. After the day Hyunseong brought me home carried and I yelled at my mom for being ridiculously rude with him, she blamed my reaction to my tiredness.

She talked with my dad for a long time and he told me not to overwork myself. My two hours are done by now and usually they end at the same time kendo practice is over so most days I walk home with Hyunseong. Today, kendo practice is taking longer than expected.

It is not like I am waiting for him, I just have a lot of work to do right now and this blueprint is giving me a headache, I just don’t get how this new bathroom is going to work when there are no pipes in that area!! I seriously have no idea how this architect got his title!!

“Are you ok??” I look up from the blueprint and I am facing Hyunseong, his face too close. He stands up and scratches the back of his hair like a little kid.

“Yeah, just a messed up blueprint. I will have to talk with that architect later” I answer and stand up. “So, practice is done??” He nods in response.

“I am just going to change” he says before going to the bathroom. I roll up the blueprint and place it on the office, then I gather my things that are all over the place. When I am back Hyunseong is waiting for me with his usual warming smile.

We walk home lazily, taking our time to talk about the upcoming tournaments and about how much I miss music. Hyunseong insisted we stop for a while at the music store so I could play a bit on the piano and I comply, after playing that amazing piano and hearing Hyunseong’s singing voice I feel really relaxed and just content.

When we arrive home we say goodbye to each other and I enter my house, before I can take another step I see my dad staring at me.

“Jeongmin” he greets.

“Dad” why is he here like a ghost?? He almost gives me a heart attack.

“I see you are close to Hyunseong these days, he always seem to be around you on the club too” he pauses briefly “He is polite and respectful to everyone and I am glad you have a friend…” Friend?? Is Hyunseong my friend??

I don’t have friends, they all try to get something out of you and I hate it, especially girls whenever they hear my dad owns the Sejong club they all think I have a ton of money and want to date me. I remember my first and only girlfriend she was my noona at school and I thought she was different but I was wrong, she changed me for a guy with more money after a few months.

So I gave up to the idea of friends or love long ago.

But Hyunseong is nothing alike anyone I have met before he is nice to everyone and truthful in everything he does, he would never approach someone because of interest, not him. I guess my dad is right on this one, Hyunseong is my friend.

 “…but don’t get too close with him” my dad words make me snap out of my thoughts “If I tell you what I know” he scoffs “Let’s just say you wouldn’t be his friend after that” my dad finishes his words and leaves the room.

What the hell is he talking about?? What can he know about Hyunseong??

I just brush off my dad words and head to my room. I stare at the sticky note which is permanently posted it in my nightstand. I haven’t called nor texted Hyunseong yet, it is just that I see him every day so why would I call him?? Wouldn’t be kind of weird??

Without realizing my cellphone is against my ear and I hear his voice “Hello” my eyes open in surprise. Why did I call him??

“Hi” I answer in a weird shy tone.

“Jeongmin??” I jolt slightly at him saying my name. How did he know it was me with just one word?? “I am glad you called” he says.

What do I say now?? I really have no reason for calling him. “Hyunseong, how are you??t” Damn!! That is why I called?? To ask how is he?? Great Joengmin!! Just great!!

I hear him chuckle lightly “I am good, thanks. Jeongmin, can I ask you something??” I notice his voice sounds deeper because of the phone but it is still nice.

“Yes, tell me” I answer while lying on my bed.

“You want to go out with me tomorrow?” he says in an unreadable tone.

“Sure, why not? Tomorrow is Saturday so I have nothing to do, besides it is not like it is a date or something” I answer honestly.

“Yeahh, it is not a date so don’t worry” he chuckles in a weird way and I can sense a hint of disappointment in his words. Why would he be disappointed?? “Just come to the club tomorrow at 2pm, I will find you there” he adds.

“Ok, Guess I will see you tomorrow then. Good night” I answer back.

“Good night Jeongmin” I hear him saying before the line goes off.

 

.

.

.

 

I have been hyper the whole day, I woke up early and have been doing my school homework like a mad person so I don’t have to worry about it later. It has been so long since I go out with a friend. It has been so long since I consider someone as my friend to begin with. It is weird but I am excited about it.

I leave my house and walk slowly to the club. I pass by the little flower shop where Hyunseong helped me picked the perfect flowers for my mom birthday and I smile at how he seem to know so much about flowers and their meaning.

As I keep walking I spot the same coffee shop where we have gone thousands of time, just to talk about random things or eat like crazy. I haven’t realized it but I have traveled this same path a lot of times with Hyunseong and in every corner of it there is a happy or funny memory.

Suddenly, I feel inspired. I feel the need to write, to play my guitar and start to sing at the top of my lungs. I start walking faster maybe if I arrive earlier I can spend some time on my shelter before Hyunseong arrives.

When I arrive at the club, I see Hyunseong already there he is wearing some casual clothes wich make him look slightly older but he looks good. When I go closer I realize there are two other guys I have no idea who they are standing next to him.

“Jeongmin, you arrive” Hyunseong says smiling kindly and I nod at him in response.

“Ok, now let’s go. I don’t want to make the girls wait” one of the unknown guys says and we all start walking.

I look at Hyunseong by the corner of my eye and look down when he is about to look back at me, so he invited me to a group date, it is not that I don’t like it, it is just that. I sigh, I don’t even know what I am feeling right now.

 

I don’t know why but I feel disappointed because is not going to be just the two of us today.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello!! Updating time ^^

So about last chapter contest the numbers are: 0526 - Boyfriend's debut date and 0105 - It is the day Hyunseong confessed to Jeongmin on an interview in Mnet also known as Jeongseong anniversary (WATCH: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rDQUX0E4kY 0:37 )

So the winner is: DuginskiYngrid 

Thank you guys for giving so much love to this story I really appreciate your comments, thank you for keep reading and hope you like the story so far.

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND