Nineteen

Shelter

This is really happening!! I have to get in there!! I have to do well but what if I can’t?? What if I mess up or I forget the lyrics?? What if my dance is still lacking?? What if they hate me from the beginning?? DAMN!! I DON’T THINK I CAN DO THIS AFTER ALL!!

 

“Jeongmin” a husky voice reaches me and I turn my face to look at the person that means more than anyone in this world to me, the one I want to always be my side and the only one I need

He holds both my hands on his own warming them up in a second, his eyes are slightly worried but more than anything anxious, he must have caught it up from me. “You are going to be great” he says smiling, the warm feeling spreading from my hands to the rest of my body.

“Just go there and sing with your heart like I have seen you done before” after his words I feel calmness invading me, it seems like all my anxiety has disappeared with just a couple of his words. “Never doubt how talented you are Jeongmin, go show them that” he says before kissing one of my hands lightly, making my heart jump with that naive action.

Suddenly a rush of confidence, strength and need takes over me. Hyunseong is right!! Why do I doubt so much?? I have been working so hard for this day!! There is no way I just give up before giving it a try!! I CAN DO THIS!! I KNOW I CAN!!

I look at him to thank him for offering himself to bring me to the audition, thanking him for being here when I need him the most, thanking him for encouraging me to make my dream of being a singer come true and somehow words don’t seem enough to convey all of that so I try a different way.

I move from my position on the passenger seat of Hyunseong’s car and I lean closer to him, so close our noses are touching and he looks really surprised by my sudden actions. His eyes open wide and his mouth is slightly open, I smile at his cuteness before pressing our lips together.

As soon as our lips meet they eagerly feel each other as if they have missed being together since last time we kissed. Hyunseong’s lips soon take the lead of the pace and I just let him do what he wants, melting into the intoxicating sensation that is feeling his lips pressed with mine.

Sadly, our lips only meet briefly in that sweet yet amazing kiss, a kiss that makes my confidence grow stronger and my heart beat so hard against my chest that I am pretty sure Hyunseong can also notice it.

I move away from him and I look at his now red face which I find oddly endearing, a side of me wants to keep kissing him and enjoy every single emotion that only he can make me feel and the other just wants to run away and hide because of my forward actions.

Still, I smile at him with my face red in embarrassment just like his “Thank you” I let out the words I was trying to convey minutes ago and he smiles back. That same smile that makes me fall in love with him again every single time.

 

Just then I get a weird feeling, like someone is observing me or something, I look away to the street and that is when I see it. A young man is looking our way with a surprised look on his face. He realizes that I am staring at him and he walks away, getting inside the big building I am also heading too, Starship Entertainment’s office.

DAMN!! THIS IS NOT HAPPENING!! NOT TODAY!! HE DIDN’T SAW US, RIGTH?? HE WAS JUST LOOKING THIS WAY WITH A SHOCKED FACE OUT OF PURE COINCIDENCE, RIGTH?? DAMN!! DAMN!! WHY DO I HAVE TO BE SO CARELESS??!!

“Hyunseong I am going inside now. It is almost 4pm” I tell Hyunseong who looks really worried; I guess he also saw that man looking at us. I open the door to get out of the car but I am stopped by a strong grip which pulls me inside.

 

“Don’t worry about that man, ok??” Hyunseong’s warm hands are holding my shoulders. He moves his right hand close to my face to caress my cheek gently in a comforting manner. “Just focus on your audition. I am sure you are going to do great” he smiles at me in a reassuring way and I nod at him.

I get out of the car without another word and just when I am about to step into the building I hear Hyunseong’s voice behind me cheering on me “Good luck!!”

 

The waiting until it was my turn to audition was mortifying. As soon as I arrived a not so friendly lady asked for the music I brought and I gave her the CD immediately.

After that, she started calling random names at a time, there was really not an specific order so I just waited until it was my turn. When she finally says my name I take a deep breath before entering through the door towards the audition.

The first thing I notice when I enter the room are the wall sized mirror walls to my right and a table with four people sitting on it to my left. When I look to the strangers that are going to judge whether I am talented or not, one of them catches my attention instantly.

It is a man, a young man whose big puppy like eyes look familiar and the awkward smile he is wearing makes me even more nervous, it is the same man that I saw earlier outside of the building when Hyunseong and I were on his car.

“Good afternoon!! I am Lee Jeongmin. Nice to meet you” I say in the most confident voice I can master before bowing 90 degrees to all of them.

“Jeongmin-ssi, can I ask you a question?" an older man with a nice smile asks kindly. I nod eagerly and he smiles politely. “Why do you want to become a singer??” his question is simple and I should have expected him to ask me that but I am not really sure of what to answer so I just tell the truth.

“Because I love singing sir. I have always liked to compose and create new music and singing it to everyone that wants to hear it, it is something I really enjoy. I knew I wanted to do this since the first time I played the guitar when I was ten years old.” I take a breath of air before adding “Music is one of the only two things I am sure I want to do for the rest of my life.”

“And what is the other thing??” the young man who I wish wasn’t inside this room asks me and I keep silence for a while, I am absolutely sure of what is my answer but saying it out loud won’t be something wise to do.

“To be next to the ones I love” I slightly change my answer, what I am really sure I want to do for the rest of my life is being next to Hyunseong. Even if in the eyes of society we will only be good friends, even if people that learn the truth about us will judge us, nothing will change my feelings for him.

“Mmm” a young male with blonde hair and deep feline eyes who is sitting next to the puppy like man nods in agreement before asking “Can you please dance for us??”

The man puts on my CD and the music starts playing. I do my best to dance just like Minwoo taught me hoping that all my effort pays off but just when a minute has passed the music stops “that is enough” the man says and I am shaken by the cold look he is giving me.

“What song are you going to sing for us??” a middle aged woman asks me out of the blue.

“I would like to sing a song I wrote if that is ok with you” I say before sitting on the beautiful piano that is placed in one corner of the room.

I play the melody I know by memory now. It is the same song I started to write when I started falling in love with Hyunseong and when I sing it I can imagine Hyunseong standing next to the judges table, smiling at me.

I really want to sing him this song that he has inspired. Would he like it?? I try to sing with more emotion in my voice so he can feel what I am trying to say with the song. I love you, thank you for not leaving me, thank you for loving me too.

 

.

.

.

 

I get out of the building mentally exhausted but that feeling is soon replaced with happiness when I see Hyunseong standing outside of his car waiting for me.

“How was it??” he asks excitedly with a smile on his face.

“Good, I guess. They will let us know if we make it next week” I tell Hyunseong what the lady told me after I left the audition room.

“What about we go eat something or do you have to go home right away??” he asks and I feel bad, he has been waiting for three hours without leaving, of course he is hungry.

“Let’s go eat!” I say and look on my pocket for my phone to text my mom and that is when I notice I left my jacket inside. “I’ll be right back, I’ll go grab my jacket” I tell Hyunseong before running inside to the building.

I arrive quickly and find my jacket on the chair where I waited for more than two hours. Suddenly I hear some weird noises close by. What is that?? Wasn’t everyone gone already?? I go closer to the source of the noises until I am in front of a janitor room. Really!! What is going on in there??

I open the door abruptly and what I see leaves me frozen.

 

It is that same guy!! The one that saw Hyunseong and I kissing, the one that was also in my audition and that I later learned was the vocal coach of Starship!! He is inside the room making out with none other than the dance coach who was also in my audition, the feline guy that stopped the music before I could finish my dance routine.

 

DON’T TELL ME THEY ALSO..!! ARE THEY LIKE TOGETHER?? WHAT IS GOING ON IN HERE?? WHY CAN’T I STOP LOOKING AT THEM LIKE A CREEP??!! CLOSE THE DOOR AND TURN AROUND JEONGMIN!! JUST DO IT!! CLOSE THE DOOR!!

Finally, my mind is back to life and I quickly close the door, making my way outside with hurried steps and my jacket on my hands.

 

 

WHAT THE HECK WAS ALL THAT ABOUT??

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

UPDATE (2/2)

Hello dear readers!! Yes I am still alive and writting this story SO.... Obsession MV reached 1 Million views that is the reason of this double update!! Please, let me know if you like the road the story is taking and.... new characters!! Who are these two guys on the janitor's room.... I think it is really obvious but if you guess it rigth I will write a oneshot for you (only limited to boyfriend members!!) so I am waiting for your comments below ^^

 

Thank you so much for keep reading this story, commenting and subscribing... If you ever want to contact me outside of aff you can follow me on twitter @_tsoul !!!

 

PS: A special Jeongseong video of the Boyfriend Wing Car Attack on Daegu (PLEASE NOTICE HOW AMAZINGLY HAPPY THE LOOK TOGETHER!!!)

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMjQEqu_ZK8

 

And never forget :

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND