Twenty Three

Shelter

After I arrived to my house my mom did nothing more than yell at me for skipping school and scream loudly how bad of an influence Hyunseong has been that he wasn´t a good person as she first thought, her words still ringing on my ears.

“THIS IS ALL THAT SHIM BRAT’S FAULT!!”She used the exact same words my dad uses when referring to Hyunseong “BEFORE YOU MET HIM YOU WEREN’T LIKE THIS!! YOU NEVER SKIPED SCHOOL!! YOU WERE NORMAL”

I snapped at that point and we started arguing, it was awful, she started crying saying how much she missed her son and how she didn’t know who I was anymore. Although I should have been shaken by the image of my mother crying I only felt anger, just because I love Hyunseong that suddenly makes me a different person??

“I AM SORRY YOUR SON IS NOT ‘NORMAL’ ANYMORE” I told her with a bitter tone and I left her standing there as she kept yelling my name and telling me to comeback that she wasn’t done talking but I just couldn’t take anymore of her words and run to my room.

I didn’t cry, I just felt angry, angry at myself for believing that my mom could cope with the truth. I was such a fool if she is acting like this now I can’t even imagine how it will be if she sees Hyunseong. What about my dad?? I am sure his reaction will be a hundred times worse than moms’.

I take a deep breath and lie down on my bed. I’ll have to start thinking seriously about the future. I have to get a job and save money. I just can’t stay on this house much longer, I am sure about that.

 

.

.

.

 

I hear the door of my house closing and I instantly stand up and run from my room to the kitchen. I haven’t left my room the whole day because I didn’t want to see my mom and now I am starving. I take out some cereal, rice, meat, noodles and pretty much everything that is eatable.

I eat a mouthful of cereal as I stare at the different types of food in display. What should I do first?? Wash the meat?? Cook the rice?? Do I even have a rice cooker?? Aishh! Why I never learned to cook like Hyunseong??

His meals always taste good even if they were cooked the day before. He usually takes some food to kendo practice and he always lets me have some. The tonkatsu he makes is definitely the best I have ever tasted.

I take out my phone to call him and ask him how to cook something tasty but apparently the universe doesn’t want me to eat anything decent because at that moment the doorbell of my house sounds around the empty rooms. I drag my feet to the door and open it, as I see who is standing at the other end I am left speechless and the box of cereal I am holding almost slips of my hands.

A pair of puppy like eyes look into mine cautiously before letting out a simple greeting “Hello” he says with a light nod. “Can I come in??” he asks hurriedly before looking behind his back, as if checking that no one is aware of his presence here.

“Hi, come in” I say letting him in and I close the door behind him, an uncomfortable silence surrounds the room and I quickly leave the cereal box in the kitchen’s table, when I turn around the puppy man standing in front of me shifts on his place repeatedly like doing some kind of dance. I am pretty sure he is having trouble to let his next words out, that or he really needs to go to the restroom.

Maybe I should be the one talking first, since this is my house. “You remember me, right??” he suddenly asks with concern on his eyes and a part of me wishes my answer is no and save us both what is coming, a very VERY awkward conversation but I won’t lie to him.

“Yes, you are Kim Jonghyun-ssi” I say in a light tone “the vocal coach at Starship Entertainment, you were on my audition” I add trying to make the guy relax because he looked like he was about to have a heart attack after I said his name.

“So you do remember” he says more to himself than to me, silence invades the room again and I really don’t know what to say right now so I go with the basics. “I am Lee Jeongmin” I introduce myself with a bow. “Why did you come to my house Jonghyun-ssi??” I ask him.

“Have you ever liked someone Jeongmin-ssi?” he says. “Not just like but being crazy about someone. So crazy you don’t really care what you do to be with that person, it is as if he is the only one that matters” a happy smile spreads on his lips and I his resemblance with a puppy only grows in my eyes.

“Well, I…” I try to answer but he cuts me off.

“So crazy, you even forget where you are and times goes so fast when I am with him and when he smiles... when Kibum smiles is really amazing, everything changes, things just seems better, brighter, so so beautiful” He lets out a sigh and his smile is even wider now.

“And when we have ... Ah... it is like a miracle is happening right in front of my eyes, our bodies fit so well together and…”

“Jonghyun-ssi!” I stop his monologue “Why did you come here??” I ask both embarrassed and confused, I didn’t expect for him to tell me about his crush on the dance coach and less to tell me about their life, this guy is pretty weird.

“I am sorry, I didn’t mean to… Didn’t I tell you I was crazy?” he says chuckling lightly and for some reason I laugh with him, maybe because I can relate to what he feels. Crazy is the perfect word to explain all the feelings I have for Hyunseong.

 

“It is ok, really” I can’t help but like this guy, he is brave enough to be honest about his feeling with a complete stranger, it is very silly of him but he for sure has a lot of courage. I admire that.

He gives me a nervous smile in return before saying “What you saw after the auditions were over.. on the closet” he clears his throat as his cheeks taint of a light pink “Could you keep that a secret??” his eyes are full of fear, fear of judgments of rejection of losing something that is precious to him.

“Shouldn’t I been the one asking for you to keep a secret??” he looks at me with a confused expression “What you saw on the car before the auditions.. it was you, wasn’t it??” a protective instinct that I didn’t know I had invades me.

He blinks his puppy eyes in realization “I didn’t mean to look but you were right in the street, you weren’t exactly hiding” he smiles amused and I can feel my cheeks burning. “Jeongmin-ssi I won’t tell anyone what I saw” he adds with a serious expression.

“I won’t either” I tell him. We stare at each other as if trying to find out if what the other has said it is true, if we can trust each other with something as important as this. After all we both have something, actually someone to protect.

 

Suddenly, a relieved smile appears on his face “Thank you Jeongmin-ssi” he leaves a big sigh out “I was so worried, you know?? I was going crazy because I didn’t know if you have already told someone or if you would be willing to keep the secret but I feel so much better right now. I am so glad you understand” a happy smile spreads on his lips.

“You don’t have to worry about it” I say as I sit on the couch after the awkward atmosphere is gone, replaced by one of camaraderie. “I know how to keep a secret” Jonghyun-ssi sits too.

“Did you mind if I ask you something??” He says and I just nod in response, it wouldn’t hurt to talk with this guy for a little more. “The song you perform on the auditions, you said you wrote it, right??” his eyes are full of genuine curiosity.

“Yes, I wrote it a while ago but that was actually the first time I performed it for anyone” I smile as I remember the feeling that invaded me while singing those lyrics, the feeling of being immensely grateful and happy to be loved by Hyunseong.

“I liked how you sang it. You didn’t try to look cool or brag about your skills, you just let your feelings out.” he says with a nod and I don’t really know what to say. Did I really just get a compliment from Starship’s vocal coach?? “You should sing it to that guy on the car, I bet he would love to hear it” Jonghyun smiles in a playful way and I feel my cheeks heating up once again.

Sing to Hyunseong one of my own songs, I promised to let him hear my music but it will be pretty embarrassing because the song is a hundred percent inspired by him. Hyunseong can be deadly honest about things so what if he doesn’t like it?? What if he thinks it is silly??

“Thank you. I might sing it to him soon” I say politely.

 

.

.

.

 

“How was your day??” I ask Hyunseong through the phone long after Jonghyun hyung has left my house. It was such a weird meeting, the more we talked the more comfortable I felt around him, it might sound weird but it felt like talking with an older brother.

We exchanged words about music, love and even phone numbers, he told me about his ‘relationship’ with the dance coach and how they weren’t actually ‘together’, that it was not as serious as Hyunseong and I but I could see on his eyes the truth, even if he hasn’t realized it yet. I can tell he is in love with him.

When he told me that whatever happened with the auditions, I could always come to him if I needed advice, any kind of advice I felt really happy. I felt like I have gained a new friend, one which I would like to keep for a long long time.

“I called my dad” I can picture Hyunseong’s happy smile right now, whenever he talks about his dad he looks so proud and happy.

“How is he?? Is he coming to Seoul again??” I ask excited, Hyunseong’s dad is really nice. I wished my dad was more like him.

“He is very busy right now, he told me he wouldn’t make it for my birthday next week but he will send a present to make it up for it” light chuckles come from him as my eyes open so wide they hurt.

 

HYUNSEONG’S BIRTHDAY!!! IS IT NEXT WEEK?? WHY I CAN’T REMEMBER WHEN IS HYUNSEONG’S BIRTHDAY?? I AM SUCH A LOUSY BOYFRIEND!! WHAT THE HELL LEE JEONGMIN!! HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW THIS??

“Jeongmin??” Hyunseong confused voice reaches my ears and I snap out of my thoughts. “Are you there?” his voice is now worried and I answer as fast as my lips allow me to. “Yes, sorry…eh.. so your dad is not coming??” I say to keep the conversation going on.

“Yes, it is ok though. I don’t need that much people to celebrate my birthday” Hyunseong tone of voice tells me otherwise. I can clearly hear resignation on his voice, almost like he expects nothing especial on his birthday. “What about your day?? Anything interesting??”

“Actually, yes”

 

As I tell Hyunseong everything about the visit of Kim Jonghyun to my house, my mind is working on something else: a great birthday party for Hyunseong. His dad won’t be here and I am sure her mom won’t go see him, he only have left his friends and well … me.

I want to see him smiling brightly on his birthday, the same smile that you can only see when he is genuine happy, that same smile that makes my knees week. I also want to give him a perfect present, something that he can always remember.

My cheeks start burning as a not so innocent idea pops up in my mind. I gulp and try to take the idea out of my head but I can clearly remember how hot Hyunseong’s skin felt under my fingertips and how my heart was beating so fast.

If Donghyun hyung hadn’t stopped us yesterday, we would have really done… ‘it’ and I wouldn’t have any regret about it. I am sure I love him and I know he loves me back, he has proved it countless of times and this is my chance to prove it to him.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello to everyone who hasn't lost the faith in this lousy author ><

I am so so sorry for not updating. I have been taking more projects than I can handle and my time to write had been affected.

 

So, number 1: 

LollipopFille , congrats you are the winner of the mini contest to find out who were the ones on the closet. YES, they are Kim Jonghyun and Kim Kibum, the infamous Jongkey couple <3 ... Please PM me and let me know what kind of one-shot you one (please limit it to Boyfriend members)

 

Number 2 but NOT LEAST IMPORTANT AT ALL

BOYFRIEND WON 1ST PLACE ON MTV THE SHOW!!! YES IT IS #BOYFRIEND1stWin PEOPLE FINALLY!! 

If you haven't watched it please do it, it will make you cry of happiness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVZYiE6aGWQ&feature=youtu.be

 

So, this is it for now!! Please leave me a comment positive or negative, either one is ok, subscribe if you can and upvote (or is it vote?? idk) and never forget

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND