Twenty

Shelter

After finally making my way out of Starship Entertainment’s building, Hyunseong and I looked for the nearest fast food restaurant to eat, more than half an hour has already passed telling my story when I reach the end and I am able to eat my fries.

“Jeongmin, are you absolutely sure it was the same guy??” Hyunseong says with a bewildered expression. He is having a hard time believing what happened during and after my audition. I get him though, I wouldn’t believe it either if I hadn’t seen it by myself.

“Yes, I am sure. He was wearing the same black graphic tee and bleached jeans” I say as proof of what I saw. I am sure Hyunseong also remembers what that guy was wearing when he saw us inside of the car.

“I just can´t believe it. Really, that short guy was the voice coach??” Hyunseong’s eyes are still open wide with incredulity. “And he was together with the dance coach??” He takes a sip of his soda and then asks “Are you sure they are dating??”

“I don’t know if they are dating but they were definitely kissing” I say as images of what I saw invade my mind. They were kissing like there was no tomorrow. Really, what kind of relationship do they have??

“Wow, what are the odds?? And they didn’t say anything when you caught them on the janitor’s closet??” Hyunseong asks with obvious curiosity, his eyes shining cutely with the hopes of getting more information.

“No, they only stared at me for a while. I guess they were as shocked as I was” I still remember their shocked expressions when they realized I was there, specially the strong feline eyes’ of the dance coach. He looked like he was about to murder me.

“My luck really is the worst. There is no way I’ll get into Starship after what happened” I leave a big sigh out of my lips and stare at my half eaten hamburger. Why did things happen like this?? I f I hadn’t go back to look for my jacket maybe I would still have a chance to get into the company. Now, that I know about the relationship of those two there is no way I’ll be accepted. I am sure they’ll do whatever they can to keep me out.

“Why are you so sure about that??” Hyunseong’s words make me look at him and I realize his hand is placed on top of mine on the table, it feels so warm but anyone that passes our way can see us. I quickly take my hand away whit a blushing face and focus my attention in answering his question.

“I am sure they want to keep whatever is happening between them a secret and I am a danger to them. They don’t know me, they could think I’ll tell someone what I saw.” I let Hyunseong know what has been going through my mind for the last hour.

“What if they really love each other?? What if they are in a relationship?? Wouldn’t you push away someone that with his actions might hurt the one you love?? Wouldn’t you do anything to keep that person as far away as you can??” I ask him and he doesn´t say anything.

Does that mean he would do the same, right?? That means I already failed the audition and my chance to finally become a singer is gone. I leave a defeated sigh out and focus my attention on my fries again, I better eat them before they get too cold.

 

“Hey Jeongmin” Hyunseong’s voice has a tone I have never heard before. It is really alluring and silences everything around, like his voice is the only sound in the world. “Would you like to stay at my house tonight??”

I open my eyes wide in surprise and nod my head lightly. I haven’t visited Hyunseong’s new house since his dad left and I have wanted to go for a while now. You see, Shim Bumsoo agreed that Hyunseong stayed in Seoul under the condition that he lives with someone he can trust.

That someone turned out to be one of my least favorite persons, the captain of the Kendo club. Apparently their parents are old friends so Hyunseong and the captain have known each other for years. They even went to the same school until the captain graduated last year and started college. Gladly, that person is away in an university congress right now so I won’t have to see him there.

 

.

.

.

 

As soon as I enter through the door I am amazed by the massive size of the apartment. A family of five could live here without worries and there is also a spectacular view of the not so distant sea. This is really a beautiful place to live in.

“This place is awesome Hyunseong” I say while placing my shoes on the entrance before running to the huge black leather couch in the middle of the living room and plopping down.

“Jeongmin come here. I will give you a tour” he says and I follow him. He shows me the entire apartment excitedly waiting for my reaction. He even points out which one is the captain’s room, after a while we finally reach his room.

The room itself it is so much like Hyunseong. It has a big bed decorated with black and white pillows which makes a nice contrast with the black oak furniture here and there. The walls are plain white but there are some spots of color provided by red frames on the walls of different sizes and styles.

Inside those frames there are pictures of Hyunseong and his loved ones, images of him since he was a kid until recent photos. He has pictures with a bunch of guys from Kendo Club, another with the Captain, one when he looks thirteen and he is hugging and old looking lady whom I assume it is his grandma.

One special picture catches my attention though, it is a young version of Hyunseong with chubby cheeks smiling brightly at the camera. He must have been ten years old when this was taken, he looks really happy next to her parents and I can´t help but smile at the image in front of me. “So adorable” I let out my words without thinking it.

“Thanks, I guess” I hear Hyunseong’s husky voice right behind me which startles me. “There is something I want to show you” he says with a red face. Did he get embarrassed because I called him adorable?? Hyunseong holds my hand and pulls me through a pair of big glass doors.

Outside, there is a little balcony where there are a couple of chairs with a little table separating the two of them and a rocking chair big enough for three people. The night isn’t hot nor cold which makes it perfect to be here, the dark sky is painted with a few shining stars and the moon is full, looking imposing. The wave’s constant movement under the sky turns the whole scenery even more breathtaking.

“This is amazing, the beach is so close” I say while taking a seat on the rocking chair, even though the sea is close by the city it has been so long since I last been here. I feel a light breeze hitting my face and I unconsciously smile.

“You see the waves down there?” Hyunseong asks me before sitting next to me on the chair, our hands almost touching each other. I nod and focus my eyes in the endless ocean, it almost looks like it is glowing under the moonlight. I take a deep breath and the salty and fresh air invades my lungs, this is really refreshing.

Suddenly I feel Hyunseong’s warm fingers caressing the back of my hand softly “Jeongmin, I am sorry things didn’t go the way you planned today” He says while looking at the sea and holding my hand tightly now, his fingers intertwining with mine.

“You know, life is just like this ocean. Sometimes it can be calm, some others strong waves can make you change your course, there are even times when everything looks like an endless storm but you never know what might be expecting you at the shore. It might be something amazing…”

Hyunseong turns to look at me and finish his words with a big smile on his face “…something even better that what you have planned”. After that a smile instantly blooms on my lips. Hyunseong’s words really have a huge power over me, I don’t feel so sad anymore about what happened on the audition.

“Why do you always know what to say??” the words slip out of my mouth before I can stop them but my curiosity wins this time. How did Hyunseong know I was feeling down?? How does he always know what to say to make me feel better??

“What do you mean??” Hyunseong lets go of my hand with a confused look on his face and stares at me waiting for an answer. I can see how his eyes express worry, I have seen that same look a lot of time now.

“Nothing” I say smiling to Hyunseong and his eyes instantly change from worried to happy, a smile forming on his face as he looks at the sea, enjoying the silence between us.

 

Now that I think about it I always let out my problems on Hyunseong, he is always right there when I need him. He always listens to me, gives me advice and comforts me when I need it but he ends up worrying too much about me, it is not fair to him.

I don’t want him to worry about me every time we are together. I want more moments like this just the two of us in a happy and relaxed mood. I want to be the reason why he smiles and laughs. I want him to have fun when he is with me.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello!!! Updating again soooo,

you can still submit your answers about who those two on the closet are!! You can submit your answer again in case you changed your mind...

Thank you for keep reading, commenting, subscribing, upvoting, for the wall post and for the private messages (I do read them all)

 

KEEP LOVING AND SUPPORTING BOYFRIEND