One Day At A Time

We Belong Together

Shin Hye woke up early than usual as she get ready for the day.She looked at herself in the mirror and was not surprised to see the dark circles around er eyes.She has not been sleeping well since Geun Seok left.Sleep is just hard to come by.Memories and images of Geun Seok played in her mind and it is difficult that he won't see him in the morning when she goes on her day.

She covered herself with make up.She is not really a make  up girl.In fact she seldom apply make up,only on a very special occasions.And Geun Seok never really like her with it on.

"I want my girl to be natural looking.You look even more beautiful without it." he said as she remembered him caressing her cheeks.Shin Hye blinked her eyes in remembrance ,tryng to at least put aside for today.She put on alittle color on her lips and she was satisfied as she look at herself in the mirror.

Today she was dressed in a business attire,trying to look like a the young professional that she is.She applied in some prospective employers around the city,and today she has  a couple of interview and then she will just walk in ,in some offices to file an application.She will be going with Tiffany,one of her classmates who is also looking for a job like herself.She braved herself for a long and tiring day today.

In an hour ,Shin Hye found herself walking in the busy streets of Seoul.Tiffany has to bow out at the last minute for some family emergencies.Shin Hye went for the first interview but it doesn't look promising and she was sos nervous since this is her first job interview and she thought she blew it.

The next one is not until this afternoon.It is almost lunch now,but she doesn't feel like eating alone so she opted to skip lunch and just to go to the place of her next interview.It is in a law firm ,and they are looking for an assistant and research partner.She is more interested in this job more than the other one for she is thinking of pursuing a law degree later on.

It is a big law office.located at the heart of the city with a big office.They handled quite a lot of highly publicized case and they also deal with international Law.She has studied and research the history and anything related to the office.And the more she read the more she was fascinated and the desire to work to such prestigious office burned her desire for it.

When she arrived in the office,she was surprised to see that there are a few of them who are candidates for the job.She counted that there are close to twenty who are called for the intereview and it is still early yet.She wondered how many of them are vying for the job.She sat on the chair as she waited for her turn.

Memories of Geun surfaced again,as she smiled at his thoughts.He called her last night,and it seems he has settling down in the new place quite nicely.he said he missed her,and yes the promised of love,a faithful one while they are apart was said as her eyes sparkled at the thought.

A week of living here in the big country of US A and Geun Seok has been having  a hard time getting by.He thought that his English id good enough to communicate with his contemporary and yet he found himself lacking in communication skills in English.But it is not only the language that he is having difficulty,the culture is all together different.it will be quite sometime before he adjust to the Western culture if ever.They are bolder,more outspoken and sometimes can be considered rude in Asian standard.While they considered Asian as timid,less outspoken and more serious in their outlook in life in general.The clashing of beliefs and structure of values,quite dazzled and razzled Geun Seok.No wonder there is so much misunderstanding around the world today,he thought.

Today is the start of his classes,the fall session has just began.He lives in the dorm just outside the school and he only has to walk to his classes everyday.He also  got a roommate who is also from another country just like him,but he is not Korean but Taiwanese. He is nice,with an easy smiles but  a a very quiet fellow ,who always keep to himself most of the time.School foods are mostly fastfood ran in the cafeteria and he missed the home cooked meal at home.

But it is not the food that he missed most but the girl whose name was carved in his heart.He miss Shin Yye the most ,more than anything else.He missed her voice,her daily chatter about almost anything,her easy laughter,her changing facial expressions,both funny and serious  ones,and yes her hugs and kisses most of all.Three years is too long to be away from her.Even a day without her is just too hard.Maybe he can go home in between classes and semesters.....but then it will be hard to go back here again...It will be hard to break away from her again.he just wants to keep her by his side all the time.He caught a deep breath,thinking of the thought.It will never be easy ,No it will never be easy for both of them.....