Face Off

We Belong Together

Geun Seok brought Shin Hye to an old place,a restaurant where they used to hang out before.Shin Hye because of her anger at him ,unable to recognized where he is taking her.She was surprised when of all the places around,he thought of bringing her here.She looked at him ,as she tried to fathom what he is really trying to do,and caught him staring at her and waiting for her to say something.

And as she asked the expected question."Why did you take me here?I thought we are busy and have something to discuss.This is barely the place for lunch today." she asked with a pout.

"I miss this place.I have not been here since i came back." he answered."Why you don't missed this place." as his eyes never left her face.

Shin Hye colored at his staring,suddenly she felt conscious of what she has on her face and her appearance.She could not answer him.She plainly avoided this place because of her memories of him.And to be back in this place with him,is aomething she never thought of before and never thought it will ever happen.Shin hye just chose not to answer his question,as she tried to get out of the car.

The place is almost full,but they were able to get a nice table at the corner,with more privacy than the rest.

'So what do you feel like eating the usual?" he asked.

Shin hye disliked his authoritative behavior that he is displaying now,like he is in command of her life.He maybe his Boss for now,but he does not has any right to be so dictative ,as if he knew what she wants.

She shook her head."No,I don't want that anymore.I'll just have a salad with grilled chicken.I have to watch what i am eating now." she said.She knew that he hated it when girls eat like a bird,that's what he used to say,to describe the girl that is on a diet.

"I see,so you changed,is that what your boyfriend wants,a skinny girlfriend?" he asked,as if taunting her about Yong Hwa.

"Yong Hwa has nothing to do with it.What is wrong in eating healthy?" she asked in defiance,knowing that she scored with him.

"Nothing,if eating healthy means grass to you,then be it .,however,I have a different view of eating healthy which is the right meal,with everything on it.We used to share the same view,but I guessed not anymore." as he resigned on the topic and summoned the waiter...

As they waited for their food.Shin Hye was getting uncomfortable,seating in front of him,and she have no options but to look at him and the things around her,And seeing him with his eyes on her,makes her very nervous.What if he can see whatever she is feeling for the moment?What if he already knew that there are still feelings left .Her hands became fidgety and doesn't know how to place herself.

"Relax,I am not gonna eat you." Geun Seok said with a grin on his face.,enjoying her restlessness.He wants her like this,and yes he wants her cornered,where she cannot run and hide away from him  and where he'll know what is her true feelings for him at this time.

I am,you think I am afraid of you?" Shin Hye asked.

"You are not?And how are you acting now?You are so uncomfortable,and this makes me think that you are hiding something from me.Something very important.Or is it guilt that I am seeing?" he said with mockery in his face.

"I have nothing to be guilty of,and more so nothing to hide.I am not a liar nor a cheat.My conscience is clear."she answered.Somehow she doesn't like the way the  topic is going.Is he here to cofront her about the past? I thought,he is trying not to delve on their past ,like the way he said on their first day,but what is he trying to do now?

"Not guilty? That is an understatement.I can see the evidence clearly right on my face and you are telling me,you are not guilty?' he said,expression of anger is clearly on his face now.

"You really have a way of turning things around do you? You are trying to make me responsible of what happened between us,some thing that happens long time ago,something that should be forgotten.You must have forgotten something or maybe you chose to forget,who did the cheating,and I am pretty sure it is not me." Shin Hye said.as she stood up and about to leave,but Geun Seok stopped her as he caught her wrist/

"You are not leaving now.If we are working together ,we have to resolve this once and for all." Geun Seok said,as they stared at each other,the anger,the hurt and the humiliation are clearly evident in their face.They can't work together,having all these feelings between them,as Shin Hye was unable to control the tears has been threatening the whole day.Geun Seok saw the tears and something has touched him,inside as he can feel  her hurt too.He can take her anger but not her tears...as he let her go.

"I am sorry...I did not mean to open up the past.I just want....it doesn't matter now.Just stay..and have lunch with me.I won't bother you now.." he said.And as the waiter walked in with their food on his hand ,as Shin Hye went back to her chair and tried to eat and concentrate on the plate in front of her......and so is Geun Seok...as he sat there eating his lunch silently...