Holding Back

We Belong Together

Shin Hye walked to her desk in an early morning.She has been up early and decided to get ready for work.And so she ended up being the first one to get to the office.She put her coffee on her desk and starteed checking the schedule right in front of her.

Geun Seok has been quiet lately.Aside from their professional dealings,he has not bothered her at all.She doesn't know if she likes it or not.Like that she was able to calm her own emotions but bothered cause it seems like he is not interested in whatever she is doing at the moment.,which means one thing,that he doesn't care for her at all. She has been watching him in a covert way and curious at whoever has been calling him during office hours.But so far she has not heard nor seen UEE in their office.If they have a relationship,she should have at least came by or popped her head on the office once in a while,knowing that she is also in town ,now that she also graduated. Or maybe he is just keeping their relationship underwraps.But there is no reason for him to kjeep it a secret now.They don't have a relationship now.nor she did hear anything of an existing relationship for him now.

As she sat down on her chair ,with her hand on he chin,thinking about Geun Seok,and thinking of their past,where did they get wrong. Geun Seok  arrived and was surprised to see her in her desk so early in the morning.

"I thought I am the first one in here." he said."Good morning." as he follow up with a greeting,smiling at her in a process.Shin ye has not seen that smile bbefore,and yes how she missed her smile and his laughter,She has not heard his weird sounds of laughter and how she missed it. Is she the one ,why he has not been smiling and laughing lately or he has gone mature up alot by staying away from home for too long.

She smiled back at him and nodded her head."Good Morning." she said.

"A coffee will be nice this morning." eyeing the cup of coffee she got on her desk.

Shin Hye looked at her coffee,and then smiled at him.A little kindness won't be bad,even if the guy has crushed your heart to pieces ,she thought."I'll make one for you.I'll just bring it to your office." she said.

"Thank You ." as he looked at her."And it is still the same,with cream and two sugar."

"Yes I remembered it too well." she said,as she stood up from her desk,Geun Soek just look at her back as she goes to coffee room.

"Thank You" he said as Shin Hye put the cup of coffeee on his desk.He took a sip and smiled at her."Yes you remembered."

"You are welcome." as she turned her back on him.And she could not understand the happy feeling that she felt inside.Is it doing good deed for the day or is it something more.it feels good to have this positive feeling,in the morning ,she thought.In fact if Geun Seok will ask forgiveness from her,she will probably forgive him,from all his misdoings and all the bad things he did to her. yes it is not very good to harbor bad feelings to anybody especially to your ex boyfriend,as she smiled at the thought.

The whole day has gone to a very positive feeling,and they have this sort of caramaderie that existed that day.And it feels like ols times,when they were classmates and were together doing their studies together.When they used to be friends and when one knew what the other is thinking and feeling.He is the only one who can share this feeling.She doesn't know whether it is the friendship or is it the love that still exist,at least on her part.But for whatever it is,she just knew that there will be no other one like Mr jang Geun Seok in her life.....as she smiled at the thought...

Yong hwa called before it is time to go home.He won't be able to make it and he is busy in the case that he is working on.So that means that Shin hye has to take public transportation on the way home.She has been spoiled and getting used to,that Yong hwa usually take her home.But this week,he has been constantly busy.And Shin hye does not mind at all.

And so when it is time to leave that afternoon,Geun Seok found Shin Hye waiting for a ride by the corner.He stopped by her.As he opened his car door for her to give her a ride.There were people looking and she doesn't want it to be a scene,as she get in his car.

"Thank You." she said."You should have not stop."

"Your welcome,and so where is your boyfriend?" he asked.

"Busy in his job." she said.

"And so you are playing to be an understanding girlfriend. I see.." he said.

Shin Hye did not answer.She doesn't want to get in a fight with him about Yong Hwa.He will never understand.And she doesn't want to break their truce for now.

"You still live in the same place I assumed." he asked.Shin Hye nodded her head.They were quiet most of the time on their way home.Sometimes,he would comment on the place thst they pass by,and Shin hye sort of updated him of their neighborhood.And thank God they got home without any discord or any major fights,as Shin Hye was able to bre4ath better and relax.As she was about to get out...

"You don't mind if I stop by and greet your Mom.I have not seen her for a very long time." he said.Shin Hye was caught and she doesn't have a choice but to nod her head,after all he did her a good deed too this day.

"She will love to see you again." she said,which is the truth.her Mom until now,though she has not said anything.She still favors and like Geun Seok after all this times.

Her Mom was in the kitchen preparing dinner.And she was surprised to see Geun Seok again in their house.

"Gppd evening Mrs Park.I hope,you do still remember me?' he said as he smiled at her.

"Geun Seok,oh,it is so nice to see you again." she said."I have not seen you in ages.How are you?You look good." she said.

"I just gave Shin Hye a ride.I am on my home too." he said.And yes he is the forever respectful and nice to her Mom,Shin hye thought,and she doesn't know why it hurts her seeing them together.Cause maybe she was the bridge between the two of them and now...because of her...they can't be together anymore....

"No,you should stay for dinner and I am cooking your favorite for dinner.You should stay for dinner I insist." she said.Geun seok looked at Shin hye ,waiting for her answer....as the two of them looked at her....and yes thsi time,she got caught again ,as she nidded her head...She doesn't have the heart to say no today,after seeing them together....and it will be nice to be in the company of the two people she love the most........