The New Partner

We Belong Together

It was a Monday morning ad Shin Hye is in a rush.She woke up late because she was on the phone with Yong Hwa,till early in the morning.He will be starting in his new job,as one of the partner in a law firm founded by his seniors in the school,and they invited them over as one of the partners.And he thinks it is good opportunity for him so he has to leave Shin Hye behind in their old office.They talk it over and Shin Hye agreed with him that it will be for the best move in his career.

And so her first day in the office without Yong Hwa behind her back to help her out.Yong Hwa has been always there ,like a guardian angel,always helping her out,whenever she is in a tight spot.She heard that there will be a new partner in the office and that he will be starting this very day.For sure ,the Big Bosses will be around and it will look nice if she is in her desk when they make there rounds in the morning.

She looked at her suit,and she was quite satisfied in what she is wearing today.She looked professional and able,as she smiled at the thought.She looked at her watch and soon enough,she will be just in time in the office as she made her turn .She looked out ,as she was crossing the street and there was a car passing by ,as she stopped and looked out and she saw somebody familiar.Did she just imagine it? Their eyes met for a brief moment and there was no acknowledment on the other party as he moved on..Shin Hye stopped as her heart flutters at the sight of the man ,she thought she has forgotten...

She was still out of breath and yes in a dream state when she reached the office.

"Shin Hye,good you are here already.The Big Boss are here since eight.There is a new guy that is coming.He will be one of the partners.So be ready." Yoona said,the secretary.

"Oh really?Are they looking for me?" Shin Hye asked.

"Not yet for the guy in queston is not yet here.I am sure he will be introduce to all of us today." she said."I have seen him from a distance and he looks quite handsome.One of those guys who got the brain and the beauty.He is quite eye candy."

"Here you go again.Don't let your boyfriend hear you,or you will be in trouble." Shin Hye said as she smiled at her.

"You will forget Yong Hwa too if you see him.And he is a graduate of Harvard,what can you say and his family is quite known." she said."I'll do anything just to get a date from him." as she laughed and walk to her desk.

Shin Hye just shook her head.So the new partner is quite a looker.She knows Yoona's type and she has quite a taste for man.She cannot be easily impressed so this guy must be as she says it is.And she remembered Harvard,as she remembered Geun Seok.But what are the chances of him coming over here? His family owns a big and quite prestigious law firm.What will he be doing in this law firm? That will be the last thing he will be doing....as she moved to her desk to start her day.

An hour later,she heard the buzz in the office that the Bosses are doing their rounds and introducing the new partner. And just as Shin Hye was about to stand up in her desk,she heard a voice that was so familiar from her past before.And before she knew it,that old familiar face is right in front of her and looking down at her.

"Shin Hye ,good morning,I would like you to meet the new partner,he is Attorney Jang Geun Seok and this is Park Shin Hye,she is also a law student." Attorney Kim said to the new partner.

She bows down at him and he did the same.His eyes was on her,but there was no emotion in there.He looked at her as if he doesn't know her from before,"it is nice to be working with you." he said,in a very business voice.

"Shin Hye will also be graduating soon.She is one of our students.The other student before graduated already and he is now a lawyer himself.So how is Yong Hwa doing in his new job.I am sure he is excited."Mr Kim said.

"Yes ,quite excited to be starting.This is only his first day." Shin Hye said.

"Good,tell him to come and visit us sometime.I hope you will join us here when you graduate.But then you may want to join him there,after all he is.." Mr Kim as he cut short the sentence...Shin Hye was just too aware of Geun Seok eyes on her.She can see an anger surfacing in his look at the mention of Yong Hwa..

"I still have a year of study and I don't even know if  I will pass the exam.I'll cross the bridge when I am there." she said.

"Yes....and by the way,you will be working with Attorney Jang with our new case.So I expect that you will help him out and make things easier for him after all you are more familiar around here.Attorney Jang is a graduate abroad..and he just came back home.So make him at ease.  " he said..

Shin Hye nodded her head and bow down as GeunSeok and Attorney Kim left her office...Shin Hye took a deep breath...her thoughts are so confused,and she keep asking herself,what is he doing here? What in the hell Geun Seok is doing in her office?He is gone from her life.He is not allowed to come back anymore.She sat down as she felt her knees buckling down.Suddenly her strenght has all gone out...as her heart beat faster  and as she took a deep breath.Things will be a lot tougher than she thought.She doesn't know what to do,and she will be working with him in a new case.That is the most..unnerving of all.Working with him and in close proximity...Why him of all the people? Why Geun Seok and what is he doing here as she asked herself again and again...