Pabo

Forgotten Promise

"Pabo, pabo, pabo! Pabo, Donghae, pabo!" Donghae murmured quietly to himself. He couldn't believe it. He couldn't believe that Yoona had a boyfriend already. He couldn't believe that he had made a total fool of himself.

By the next day, there was a section on the school's newspaper about Donghae and Yoona. He felt ashamed to have caused Yoona so much trouble. All he wanted was to fulfill the promise, but no, he ended up doing the opposite. He ended up being a coward, afraid that something bad might happen to Yoona since she was extremely popular. There were so many obstacles in the way, he didn't know where to start. He thought that he should've just gave up right then, since Yoona had a boyfriend.

Why did I wanted to get involved in Yoona's life again in the first place? What was so important about the promise between us? Yoona forgot about it, so it probably wasn't very important. I wonder if she remembered what happened and why I made that promise, Donghae thought, sighing deeply. His brain was filled with thoughts and confusion, making him get a headache. Donghae groaned, as Heechul ran up to Donghae.

"Hey! Donghae!" Heechul called. Donghae turned around and smiled weakly at Heechul.

"Hello," Donghae greeted back quietly. Heechul arrived next to Donghae's side and panted quickly. He caught his breath and placed a hand on Donghae's shoulder.

"Dude, did you check on the school's newspaper today?" Heechul asked. Donghae sighed and nodded. 

"Yeah, I did. Everyone in the school did," Donghae mumbled. Heechul widened his eyes.

"Already? Gosh, I must've been late then. Dude, I really feel sorry for you. I mean, you're a new student and you're already on the front page of the newspaper with the queenka! Gosh, Minho must feel jealous," Heechul trailed on. Donghae now felt even more guilty. 

"I feel bad for Yoona. She's really popular and I bet she's suffering right now because of me," Donghae sighed. 

"And that's why you're perfect!" Yuri exclaimed from behind. Donghae and Heechul turned around and found Yuri with quiet Seohyun. Seohyun bowed towards Donghae, as Donghae bowed back. Yuri smiled and extended her hand for Donghae to shake.

"I'm sure you remember me, right?" Yuri asked. Donghae scrunched his eyebrows. Even though he had heard Yuri's name yesterday, he had forgotten about her name. 

"Um…Was it Sulli? No, it's that other girl…Was it…Seohyun? No, that's not it…You know, I'm really sorry, but I forgot," Donghae apologized, sticking his tongue out shamefully. Yuri sighed and puffed her cheeks, a bit disappointment.

"Well, I'm Kwon Yuri, if you didn't remember," Yuri introduced herself again. Donghae clapped his hands, nodding his head eagerly.

"Oh yeah! I remember!" Donghae exclaimed, grinning. Yuri smiled.

"Anyways, you! You are perfect!" Yuri exclaimed.

"Perfect for what?" Donghae asked, raising an eyebrow. He didn't understand what Yuri was saying at all. What's she talking about? What am I perfect for? Donghae wondered.

"Here's the deal," Yuri started, smirking, "We can try to get you closer to Yoona. In return–"

"DEAL!" Donghae agreed immediately. Yuri grinned and then the two shook on it. Heechul and Seohyun sighed.

"Do you even know what Yuri wanted in return?" Heechul asked.

"Nope, but if it's about Yoona, I'll agree to it immediately!" Donghae said as he flashed a bright smile. Heechul rolled his eyes.

"Anyways," Yuri continued, "As I was saying, in return, you'll have to be my friend." Donghae raised an eyebrow.

"That's it?" Donghae asked. Yuri nodded.

"That's it," she replied with a grin. Donghae scratched his hair, surprised and  confused. Just to be her friend? There must be some kind of catch, Donghae thought, suspicious of Yuri. Yuri just shrugged. "So we have a deal or no deal?"

"I take the deal back," Donghae declared. Yuri sighed and rolled her eyes.

"And what reason do you take it back?" Yuri asked.

"You seem like you want more than me to be your friend," Donghae mumbled. Yuri glanced at Heechul. Heechul just shrugged.

"Well, I guess he has a sharp eye," Heechul murmured. Yuri took a deep breath.

"Okay, let me rephrase it now. I will try to get you closer with Yoona–"

"DEAL!" Donghae exclaimed.

"Dude you haven't even heard about the exchange!" Heechul shouted. Donghae rolled his eyes.

"We're talking about Yoona! So, what's the exchange?" Donghae asked, turning back to Yuri.

"I will try to get you closer with Yoona as long as you let me use you," Yuri finished. 

"Deal," Donghae agreed, as they shook on the deal.

"Dude, that's worse than being friends with Yuri," Heechul said, staring at Donghae with his mouth wide open. Donghae shrugged.

"It's less suspicious, though," Donghae grinned. He walked away, whistling happily, leaving Heechul, Yuri, and Seohyun at the same spot. Seohyun started to giggle quietly.

"He's really a pabo," Seohyun said.

"He sure is," mumbled Yuri, nodding her head in agreement.