Misunderstood

Forgotten Promise

"And you know what Heechul said after?" Jessica asked. She was complaining all night and day about how Heechul had reacted when she told him that they were getting married. Yoona, unfortunately, tiredly listened to Jessica's complaints. "He said that he thought that being married was a bad idea! He said that we're in such a 'young age!' Can you believe him? We're, like, only a few years apart!"

"Jessica…"

"I had to force that ring on him. I told him that it's an expensive diamond and he should be wearing it all day and–"

"Sica…"

"What?!" Jessica snapped. Yoona winced as she bit her lips.

"Jessica unnie, I'm a bit tired. Can we discuss this tomorrow or something?" Yoona pleaded. Jessica grunted.

"Hmph. You just don't want to listen to my problems, right? Well, fine by me!" Jessica shouted. She slammed her locker and stormed away without giving Yoona a chance to explain. However, Yoona was too tired to explain. She was having trouble sleeping last night, thinking about Donghae the whole time. 

Stupid Donghae, Yoona cursed. If he didn't snatch my heart away…

"Yoona!" Donghae shouted. Yoona whipped her head around and brightened up. Her pale, dreary face shined like the sun, as her hunched back straightened up. She shyly waved at Donghae and tucked her hair behind her ear as Donghae approached her.

"Hi Donghae," Yoona greeted. Donghae grinned, but then immediately frowned.

"Is it true?" Donghae asked. Yoona stared at Donghae strangely.

"What's true?" she asked. Donghae held up the school's paper pointed at the headline of the first page.

"Is it true that you broke up with Minho? Everyone's talking about how you broke up with him!" Donghae exclaimed. Yoona's eyes widened as she stared and read the paper. She couldn't believe what she was reading. Especially the harsh comments she was receiving from the papers. She was speechless. What was she supposed to say? She bit her lower lips as she glanced at a group of girls who were whispering and pointing at her.

"I told you that she was cheating with another guy," one of the girls whispered.

"My gosh, she's so hideous! Why would Minho even choose her in the first place?" another whispered. Yoona felt her heart sink. Those girls were once fans of hers, but now they were gossiping negatively around her. 

"Ya, ya, ya!" Donghae shouted. He slammed his fist against he locker, as a loud bang! echoed in the hallways. The girls gasped, as a few turned their heads to see the commotion.

"So what if Yoona broke up with Minho?" Donghae snapped coldly. Yoona stared at Donghae in awe as he continued his speech. "It's their relationship. We don't have the rights to snap at them or give rude comments! Plus…Yoona probably still has feelings for Minho."

For the last sentence,  Donghae tried his best to choke out the words. It hurt him deeply, especially since it came out of his mouth. He thought that Yoona treasured Minho.. He forced a charming smile, making the group of girls blush. Yoona, who understood that Donghae was mistaken, spoke up.

"Donghae, it's not like that at all! I was the one who br-"

"Donghae oppa is right," one of the girls agreed. Yoona widened her eyes in fear.

"Yeah! Yoona's a girl. She must really love Minho oppa," another agreed.

"Yoona noona, we'll promise to help you get back with Minho, okay?" a younger boy offered. Yoona wanted to scream at them and say that she wasn't inlove with Minho anymore. However, she wasn't able to, seeing how the students were in awe. She forced a weak smile and glumly nodded her head.

"A-arraso..." she agreed. The students cheered and scattered off to their own business. Yoona glanced to the side, and sighed. Donghae had disappeared without saying goodbye to her.

Confessing to Donghae oppa is much harder than I thought, Yoona thought, groaning as she banged her forehead against the locker.