Visit to the Cake Shop

Forgotten Promise

The whole day at school, Yoona never spotted Donghae, not even his hair. She asked everyone in the school that were somehow related to Donghae, but none of them knew where he was. After school, she decided to visit the cake shop, in case that Donghae was visited someone there.

When she arrived at the cake shop, she took a seat down, noticing that there were even less customers. A waitress came over to Yoona's table and pulled out a pencil and a notepad.

"What would you like…Yoona?" Sunye stared at Yoona, shocked that Yoona had visited. Yoona jumped as looked up at Sunye. 

"O-Oh! Sunye! What are you doing here?" Yoona questioned. It can't be that Donghae was visiting Sunye, right?

"I work here," Sunye pointed out. "What are you doing here alone?"

Yoona bit her bottom lips, unsure that if she should tell the truth. "I came here to eat, uh, cake?"

Sunye crossed her arms. "Mhm, you really did. I heard that you were on a diet from Donghae or something."

"Uh…"

"You can tell me why you're here," Sunye said. "Don't worry, I'm over with how cold you were when we first met. Apology accepted."

Yoona kept quiet for a moment. Taking a deep breath, she said, "Did you see Donghae oppa? I've tried to find him, but he's nowhere to be found!"

"Donghae? Didn't he tell you that he was sick?" Sunye asked, frowning. Yoona shook her head slowly. "Weird. He called me and said that he was sick so that I shouldn't prepare him chocolate cake. That boy, he eats too much chocolate if you ask me."

"But my mom said that he went to a meeting at one of the school's club earlier today," Yoona mumbled. Sunye began to grin.

"He probably didn't want you to worry, so he lied to your parents and your parents told you that lie without knowing it was a lie," Sunye giggled. "That's just so cute!"

Yoona stared aimlessly. She wasn't staring at anything particular, but it helped her think even more carefully.

Why would Donghae lie? I won't freak out that much if I found out he's sick, would I? Yoona wondered. Her lips began to tremble, as tears threatened spill. Sunye immediately took action. She grabbed a tissue from the counter and handed it Yoona, comforting her.

"Don't cry, pumpkin," Sunye said softly. "I'm sure Donghae just didn't want you to think about how ill he is during school. I'm sure he'll tell you that he was sick sooner or later."

Yoona sniffed. "Does he not like me? Am I too late to remember?"

"Remember? What do you mean about remember?" Sunye questioned, frowning. Yoona wiped her watery eyes and looked up at Sunye.

"I promised Donghae oppa to wait for me until I remember about a promise in the past. I have to remember before he moves on. I-I don't know if he still likes me or not, and I don't know if he's still waiting. I…I…" Yoona bit her tongue to keep herself from sobbing.

You're strong, Yoona! Yoona reminded herself. Don't you dare cry in front of others just because Donghae didn't tell you that he was sick!

"…Did Donghae say anything about asking for help to remember?" Suney quietly asked. Yoona shook her head.

"No. I want to try to remember it myself. I just have to remember," Yoona said, making a fist. "But I'm so frustrated with myself. I can't remember a thing! It's like my memories' been locked up or something! It's like Donghae never existed in my life."

"You know, there is a right time to ask for help, and there is a wrong time to ask for help. Right now, I think it's the right time to ask for help," Sunye said quietly. 

"But I want to remember it myself!" Yoona exclaimed. She took a deep breath and paused. She got up, calmed herself down, and exhaled. Turning to Sunye, she said, "Sunye, can you pack me a slice of chocolate cake and a slice of strawberry shortcake? I'm going to visit Donghae."

Sunye smirked and scribbled down something on her notepad. "Will do, madam. Will do…"