Not Giving Up

Forgotten Promise

Yoona glanced at the two boys who were glaring at each other. She felt even more uncomfortable since she was sitting between them. Donghae was too angry to notice that he had food stained around his mouth. Yoona couldn't help but manage a small giggle. 

"Ha, you eat like a baby. Look at all the food around your mouth!" Minho smirked. Donghae blushed in embarrassment and crossed his arms.

"Well, I'm sorry that Yoona's mother's cooking is too good!" Donghae grumbled. Yoona stopped giggling and widened her eyes. She pointed at the meal Donghae was holding in his hands.

"Wait, Umma gave those to you?" Yoona asked in disbelief. Donghae nodded.

"Mm. She said, 'Share this meal with Yoona, like old times.' Gosh, Yoona, I can't believe your mom remembers the things we've done together," Donghae smirked. Yoona narrowed her eyes.

"Ya! She was already a grown up! I was a choding!" Yoona protested.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I was a choding, too!" Donghae smirked.

"You were already mature enough to love me! I wasn't even interested in you at all," Yoona argued back. 

"Eh hem!" Minho cleared his throat loudly. He was jealous that Yoona and Donghae were only talking (more like bickering) with each other. Yoona slightly pouted and hugged her boyfriend randomly.

"Aigoo, mian Minho oppa! You must've been so lonely!" Yoona apologized cutely. Minho smiled and pecked Yoona's forehead. Donghae scowled at them and silently munched on his lunch.

"Yoona!" a familiar voice called. Donghae, Minho, and Yoona turned around and found Yuri standing there nervously. She stared at Minho dreamily and heaved a sigh. Suddenly, she snapped out of her thoughts once Donghae spoke.

"Yo, Yuri…What are you doing here?" Donghae asked awkwardly. This wasn't part of the plan, Donghae thought, glancing at Minho. Actually, Minho being here wasn't part of the plan, either.

"I…just wanted to talk to Yoona, that's all," Yuri said, gazing at Minho's eyes. Minho smirked as Yoona frowned.

"What do you want, Kwon Yuri?" Yoona snapped. Yuri pushed her thoughts about Minho away and glared at Yoona.

"Let's talk privately," Yuri said, crossing her arms. Yoona raised an eyebrow and glanced at Donghae. Donghae stared at Yuri confusingly. Something's up, Yoona thought, looking at Minho.

"Excuse me, Minho oppa! I'll be back!" Yoona said cutely as she got up and walked away with Yuri. Donghae and Minho were left alone, silently eating their lunch.

"So…" Donghae started sheepishly. "What's, uh, you're favorite food?"


"Kwon Yuri, what do you want?" Yoona asked. Yuri glared at Yoona evilly.

"What do I want? I want my Minho oppa back!" Yuri snapped. "I know you don't really love Minho." Yoona smirked and tossed her hair.

"So what? As long as I'm with Minho oppa, everything is perfectly fine. Look, if I gave you my Minho, you'd probably have everything I have right now: Fame, love, and Minho oppa," Yoona smiled. Yuri growled at her.

"Why don't you just date Donghae, huh? You're over Heechul oppa, you don't even like Minho a bit, and you still need to complete that promise with Donghae!" Yuri exclaimed. Yoona widened her eyes and focused all her attention on Yuri.

"How do you know about the promise–"

"It's all over the school, Yoona! Right now, even Jessica is holding up a voting thing or something in the school! People are voting for who they love the most: Promising Couple 'Yoonhae' or Popular Couple 'Minyoon.' I've got to say, Jessica does have a creative mind for couple nicknames," Yuri added, smirking. Yoona dropped wide open. Jessica's WHAT?!

"I…I've got to go to school. I want to see what people are thinking," Yoona mumbled, running into the school building. Yuri waited for a while, and sighed. Time for me to eat my lunch with Minho oppa! Yuri thought sweetly.


"Basketball. Okay, what do you like better: Tofu or spinach?" Minho asked. Donghae carefully thought about the question. While Yoona and Yuri were gone, the two boys asked random questions to each other. They were surprised that they were actually getting along.

"Hm…That's hard…Maybe none," Donghae smirked. The two laughed for a few seconds, and then became quiet. Donghae took a deep breath and looked up at the sky. "I'm not giving up."

"What are you talking about?" Minho asked, still smiling. The smile suddenly faded away when Minho realized what Donghae was talking about: Yoona. Minho frowned and looked away. "I'm not going to give her to you." And he just had to ruin the friendly mood, Minho thought.

"I know," Donghae said, nodding his head. "I know that you won't give her to me. So I'll try to grab her heart."

"You're insane. She doesn't even remember the promise," Minho smirked. Donghae nodded his head again.

"I know," Donghae replied casually,"But I can't help thinking that deep inside her heart, the memory is hidden somewhere. I just have to dig it up and find it." Minho laughed. What Donghae was saying didn't really make sense at all.

"You know, you're a funny guy. I thought you were just a guy with no brain who thought that he could get whatever he wanted by loving someone," Minho chuckled. Donghae smirked.

"Maybe. I guess we can get along, but just keep in mind that I'm not giving up on Yoona," Donghae declared.

"Donghae oppa!" Yuri called, running up to Donghae. Donghae looked up and smiled warmly at Yuri.

"Oh, hey Yuri! What–"

"Heechul needs you! Find him at the school library. I'm sure he's there," Yuri said, pushing Donghae away.

"But I haven't even finished my–"

"Lunch? Sure, sure, whatever. Eat it inside the library. Now, go, go, go!" Yuri urged, as Donghae eventually jogged away from the two. Yuri heaved a sigh and glanced at Minho. He curiously raised an eyebrow, noticing that Yoona was not with Yuri.

"Where's Yoona?" Minho asked. Yuri bit her lips as she sat down in front of Minho.

"Er, restroom. While we were talking, she had a stomach ache," Yuri lied, sticking her tongue out. Minho slowly nodded and carefully ate his lunch. Yuri cleared and decided to start a conversation.

"So…What's, uh, your favorite food?" she asked sheepishly.