Don't Go

Forgotten Promise

"Donghae oppa~" an adorable girl squealed. Yoona's head immediately looked to the direction where she had heard the voice. Her face wrote disgust as she felt a chill on her spine.

What's with the tone of her voice? Yoona thought coldly. She saw Donghae smiling at the girl softly.

"Hey Yuri," Donghae greeted awkwardly. Yoona peaked through the books on the bookshelf and gasped. She saw Yuri smiling brightly as Donghae took a seat next to her. Yoona glanced at the box in front of Yuri, which was filled with sandwiches. She bit her bottom lips and glared at Yuri.

"Donghae oppa, did you eat yet?" Yuri asked. She shyly shoved the box of sandwich to Donghae. "I made this just for you."

Yoona dropped open. Don't eat it, Donghae oppa! There might be poison in it!

Donghae grinned. "I haven't ate lunch yet at all. I kind of rushed to meet you here. Thanks!"

Yuri blushed deeply. Her heart raced when she had heard that Donghae had ran over to her to meet her. She secretly glanced at Donghae, who bit into the sandwich. Yuri felt her cheeks redden even deeper when she saw Donghae enjoying her meal. 

Yoona gritted her teeth. She turned around and stormed out of the library. She forgot all about her report and the book she had to get for the report. All she could think about was Donghae enjoying Yuri's lunch secretly behind her back. 

Well, Donghae oppa and I aren't quite official yet, Yoona thought, stopping her tracks for a moment. So I can't really get angry at him. Plus, I never gave him my own homemade food. I wonder if I did when I was younger…Think, Yoona! Think!

"Gah! Why is it so hard to remember things in the past!" Yoona shouted.

"I don't know," a familiar voice spoke. "Maybe you just didn't care."

Yoona gasped and whipped her head around. "D-Donghae oppa!"

"Who else?" Donghae joked. He patted Yoona's hair and smiled, as Yoona pouted. She pushed Donghae's hand away, even though she secretly wanted Donghae to pat her head once more. Donghae let out a small chuckle. "So what did you want to remember? Maybe I can help."

Yoona felt her cheeks get hotter as she bit her lower lips. Should I tell him…?

"Nothing," Yoona lied.

Darn.

"Really?" Donghae asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, really," Yoona lied again. Donghae studied Yoona's hardened expression. Then, he smiled immaturely.

"Sure, whatever you say," Donghae said, patting Yoona's head. Yoona scowled as she pushed Donghae's hand away once more.

I lost my chance twice! Gah!! Yoona screamed, as she bit her lips. 

"Well, I have to go. I told Yuri that I'd meet her right after I see you," Donghae explained. Yoona was disappointed. She really wanted to talk to Donghae and spend a bit more time with him. Donghae turned around, and took a step away from Yoona.

Suddenly, without thinking twice, Yoona grabbed onto Donghae's shirt.

"Don't go," Yoona whispered. Her voice was barely audible like the wind. Donghae raised an eyebrow and turned his head around. Yoona stared at her hand tugging on Donghae's shirt.

"Um…do you need anything?" Donghae asked. Yoona gasped loudly and immediately let go of Donghae's shirt. She covered with her hands and stared at Donghae, who stared at her weirdly. 

What was I doing? Yoona wondered. No, wait…What was I thinking?

"N-Nothing!" Yoona stuttered. She quickly turned around and ran the opposite direction. She felt her heart beating faster and faster as Yoona felt her cheeks heat up. 

Meanwhile, Donghae scratched his head and sighed. "I'm sure I heard Yoona say something…Oh well! I'll ask her later then."