Asking

Forgotten Promise

"Donghae oppa!"

Donghae turned his head around and smiled warmly at Yoona. "Hey Yoong! You need something?"

Immediately, Yoona's cheeks reddened like never before. Her heart started pounding in excitement, as her hands began to feel sweaty. She her dry lips and opened to speak. However, nothing came out of . The whole time, she was staring at Donghae, but afraid to say anything. She began to feel uncomfortable when she saw Heechul besides Donghae.

"Oh wait, if Yoona is here, then doesn't it mean that Jessica is here?" Heechul asked, . "Is she with you?" 

"No, she isn't," Yoona said, staring back at Donghae. She opened to speak, but nothing came out once more. 

I can talk to Heechul normally, but if I try talking to Donghae, nothing comes out! Come on, Yoona, what's so hard asking Donghae to be your partner? Yoona thought to herself, noticing that she was frozen. Donghae curiously stared at Yoona, wondering what was wrong with her. He glanced at Heechul, and then back at Yoona.

"Do you want me to leave?" Donghae asked Yoona, secretly pointing at Heechul .Yoona stared at Donghae questionably.

"What? No, I want Heechul to leave. I need to talk to you," Yoona said, glancing at Heechul. "So if you can…"

"Wait, you promise that Jessica is no where near you, right?" Heechul asked, wanting to avoid Jessica. 

"Yes, I'm sure. I ran off to talk to Donghae, leaving Jessica and Minho at the lunch table," Yoona promised.

"And that's why I'm here!"

"Oh no, that voice…" Heechul groaned, noticing Jessica coming up to the roof. She smiled and waved at Heechul. 

"Hey Heechul! We have tons of things to talk about for my aunt's wedding. Like, what are you going to where?" 

Jessica continued to talk about clothes and the wedding while dragging Heechul away from the two. 

Do your thing, Im Yoona, she thought, as Yoona shot her a grateful look. Once Yoona and Donghae were alone, silence filled the atmosphere. Then, Donghae decided to speak up.

"So what did you want to talk to me about?" Donghae asked, leaning against the railings. Just by hearing Donghae's voice, Yoona blushed. She didn't understand why she was acting all shy around her childhood friend.

"I-I…Er…Jessica…yeah," Yoona mumbled, unsure of what she was saying. Donghae raised an eyebrow, only hearing Jessica's name from .

"Excuse me?" he asked, walking towards Yoona. "I don't think I heard you right. Maybe cause we were too far away from each other."

By now, Donghae was only a couple of inches away from Yoona. Yoona heard her heart thumping lousy, afraid that Donghae would hear her heart beating for him. Donghae leaned towards Yoona's face, only a couple of centimeters away from her face. Donghae opened his mouth and spoke up, "So…What did you say?"

Gah! He's too close! 

Without thinking, Yoona pushed Donghae away from her with all her strength, and ran back into the building. She found the girl's restroom and decided to stay in there until she calmed down. She opened the door and locked herself behind the stalls. She gasped for air, her hand over her heart. It was still beating, as her memories reminded Yoona of how close Donghae was just a second ago. She leaned against the wall and slid downwards, cupping her burning cheeks.

This feeling is really intense…Even though Heechul was gone, I couldn't even ask Donghae to be my partner for Jessica's wedding. I just can't be that I love Donghae oppa, right?


"Excuse me?" Yuri asked, closing a book she had randomly picked out. Minho smirked and grabbed Yuri's hand. Yuri's face started turning cherry red.

"Exactly what I asked you. Want to be my date for Jessica's wedding?" Minho repeated, as Yuri stared blankly at him.

"But you have Yoona," she pointed out. 

"Yeah, but Sica's been stubborn these days. She doesn't want me to bring Yoona as my partner, and she doesn't want Yoona to bring as her partner," Minho said, rolling her eyes.

"Incorrect!" 

Minho and Yuri looked up and turned around, finding Jessica with Heechul. The two were locking arms, as they took a seat next to Yuri and Minho.

"Yoona's been totally stubborn with her feelings these days," Jessica corrected, smirking. "I can tell."

"She's accusing that Yoona's in love with Donghae," Heechul explained, glancing at Yuri. "But I denied it since we didn't do anything to bring them closer together."

"That's exactly it," Jessica started, "Donghae's been bugging Yoona around and all by himself. Sooner or later, she'll have to confess her feelings to him one day. Sorry, Minho, but you haven't done anything special with Yoona, so she's probably tired of you."

Jessica stuck her tongue out at Minho while he rolled his eyes.

"As if. Sica, stop playing around," Minho snapped, shooting algae at Jessica. Jessica glared back, but this time, her glare was colder.

"I'm not! Heechul, you know that I'm right, right?" Jessica asked sweetly. 

"Actually, I have to admit, I did sense some awkward atmosphere from Yoona when I was with Donghae at the roof. It seems like she wanted to confess her feelings or something. She wanted to talk to Donghae privately, even though she's the type who can speak or ask a favor to someone when others are around," Heechul admitted, glancing at Yuri's book. "Anyways, what're you reading, Yul?"

Yuri's cheeks turned into a soft shade of pink as she covered her book. "N-Nothing. Listen, I have to go. Er, about earlier, Minho…"

She turned to Minho and rubbed her nape. "I guess I can go with you–"

"Great! I'll tell you about the information and all later. See ya!" 

With that, Minho left the table, leaving Yuri dumbfounded. Jessica tapped Yuri's shoulder and smirked.

"See you soon at my aunt's wedding!" she sang, as she walked away. Heechul glanced at Yuri, who couldn't help but smile a bit.

So…is this wedding like a date, then? she wondered, squealing. Heechul stared at Yuri, who started giggling and smiling like a fool. He had no idea why Yuri was acting like this. Minho had just asked her to go to the wedding. Why was Yuri getting all excited for?

Girls are really complicated to understand, Heechul sighed.