Heechul's Problem

Forgotten Promise

Donghae was at the exact spot he was told to be at–the back of the school. He reread the note once more, signed by anonymous.

Donghae,

Please meet me at the back of the school. I would like to share my lunch you today. ^^

-Your Secret Admirer

He immediately knew from the writing that it was Yuri. This had to be the last time Donghae would ever eat lunch with Yuri in a boy-to-girl relationship. He only wanted to remain as friends, but Yuri kept pressing on. He sighed and wondered what time it was. 

Because wherever Yuri was, she was fifteen minutes late, and she's usually never late.


"Donghae, Donghae…where are you?" Yoona mumbled. She checked probably every inch of the school, including the places nobody really went into. She asked lots of people where Donghae was, but none of them knew. That was, until Yoona met Heechul. It had been a long time since the two had seen each other. Heechul looked pale and scared, and his eyes were wide open, as if he was trying to hide from somebody.

"Heechul!" Yoona called. Heechul jumped and whipped his head around. He sighed in relief and smiled weakly at you.

"Hey Yoona," Heechul replied softly. Yoona glanced around the hallways.

"You're hiding from Jessica, right?" she asked. Heechul groaned and covered his ears.

"Don't say her name. I'm going to get scared again," Heechul moaned. 

"Oh, sorry," Yoona apologized quickly. She kept quiet for a moment, and then opened to speak. "Do you know where Donghae went?"

Heechul frowned. "Donghae? Hm…I think he said that he would go behind the school or something."

"Behind the school? Why?" Yoona asked, scrunching her nose. She didn't even check the back of the school since tons of kids knew that it was somewhat haunted. Heechul shrugged.

"I don't know. I saw him holding some kind of paper, though. Hey, did you see Jessica anywhere? I didn't see her all day," Heechul said.

"Jessica's sick," Yoona replied. "She's been crying that you hate her."

Heechul widened his eyes in shock. "I hate her? No, no, no! That's all wrong! I love her!"

"Then why are you avoiding her?" Yoona asked, confused. Heechul pressed his lips and stared down at the ground."

"Well…it's kind of complicated."

"I have some time."

"…Shouldn't you be looking for Donghae, though?"

"That can wait. I see him all day."

"…How should I begin? Er…I love Jessica, really, but then she's just too fast. I mean, she wants us to get married right now, and I barely know her! I've only listened to her problems, and I don't know what I should get her for presents, if she likes to be spoiled, or…I just don't know enough about her to claim her as my wife," Heechul said, clearly upset. Yoona nodded her head, staring at Heechul in awe. She had never thought that Heechul could feel this way. The whole time, Yoona had thought that Heechul just simply didn't like Jessica at all.

This is true love, Yoona thought. This has to be true love.

"So do you have anything to say?" Heechul asked hopefully. He clearly wanted some kind of advice from Yoona, who was an "expert" in relationships. Yoona bit her bottom lips, unsure of what to say. 

"Um…Jessica loves you…?"

"I know that."

"Er…I'm sure that Jessica will love anything you do," Yoona said assuringly.

"I doubt that," Heechul grumbled. "You know how picky Jessica can be."

"But if she really loves you, she'll appreciate everything you do!" Yoona blurted. "Stop being a coward! Do something! She's going to think that you hate her even more!"

"Then what should I do to make it up?" Heechul groaned. Yoona pressed her lips for a moment. 

"Flowers," Yoona replied. "Get her flowers. Plenty of them. Beautiful flowers. Possibly a love card, too. She'll reread it everyday. Oh, and maybe some special gift. Like a necklace or something."

"Dude, I'm not rich–"

"If you can't afford any of those stuff, spend some time with her and talk to her. Besides, you should get her a get-well gift anyways," Yoona replied. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to find Donghae."

"But I'm not done asking yet–" 

However, before Heechul had the chance to speak, Yoona dashed off. She just had to find Donghae. The sooner she confesses, the sooner she'll probably get closer to Donghae.

Just like Heechul and Jessica, only they can't confess their feelings to each other.