Phone Call

Forgotten Promise

"Unaccepted, don't wanna go there, boring, unaccepted, unaccepted, boring, don't wanna go there, unaccepted– ah hah! SM Seoul Academy High School! Here it is!" Donghae exclaimed, going through all his mails. He had applied for all the schools in Seoul, but he was mainly looking forward to SM Seoul Academy High School. He slowly opened the letter, praying to be accepted. He tightly closed his eyes, pulled out the mail, and quickly shot his eyes open. A proud grin crept on his face. He jumped up and down, clapping his hands like a child.

"I got accepted! I got accepted!" Donghae cheered. He stopped and sat on the sofa, reading the mail quickly. He took a deep sigh, worrying over how he would do at school, if we would be able to meet his love, and if he would be able to make friends. He glanced at the clock which hung over the TV. It seemed as if time slowed down. He was less excited than before, and he felt like he wanted to go to a less challenging academy. No Donghae, Donghae scolded himself, This academy is for your good! Even if you don't want to go there, you got accepted, so hwaiting!

Donghae smiled at himself, proud of his decision, even though he felt uneasy about going to a new school. Suddenly, his phone rang loudly, as Donghae reached for his phone in his pocket. He checked the caller, and then answered the phone.

"Yoboseyo?" Donghae answered.

"Lee Donghae!!!" a voice croaked through the phone. Donghae flinched.

"Neh, Abeoji?" Donghae said awkwardly.

"How dare you run away from home again! We visited your house earlier and they said you moved! Why didn't you tell us?!" Donghae's father scolded with a strict tone. Donghae had visited Busan for a while, where his parents lived. He forgot to notify them that he was searching for his long, lost love.

"Um… I didn't really run away from home, Abeoji. I was just traveling–"

"Oh, ho, ho! You're deciding to be a traveler again, eh? Well, I forbid it!" his father shouted through the phone. Donghae removed the phone inches away from his ear and stared at the phone, clicking his tongue in annoyance. Slowly, he placed the phone next to his ear.

"Aish, Abeoji! You always refuse to let me do anything! I'm not a little kid anymore!" Donghae complained.

"Stop complaining, babo! That makes you a little kid! Come back home right this instance!" Donghae's father demanded.

"Abeoji!" Donghae protested. He heard in the background his mother's voice. It seemed like his parents were arguing over something in a hush voice so that Donghae wouldn't be able to hear.

"Donghae-ah?" a sweet, motherly voice called. Donghae smiled, knowing who it was.

"Eomeoni!" Donghae exclaimed happily, his annoying tone changing into a sweet, childish tone. He heard his dad grumbling about something the background, but Donghae chose to ignore it.

"You're Abeoji is just worried, that's all, Donghae-ah. How have you been?" Donghae's mother asked gently. Donghae smiled, as he glanced at his SM Seoul Academy High School's acceptance letter.

"Eomeoni! I've been accepted to SM Seoul Academy High School!" Donghae informed. His mother gasped and cheered, clapping her hands a bit.

"SM Seoul Academy High School? Why, my little Donghae gave been doing well, I see! That's good, that's good. Have you gotten a job yet, though?" his mother asked. Donghae grinned.

"I just moved, Eomeoni! I'll find a job really soon! Don't worry! If I'm having trouble, I'll call you guys or I'll come back to Busan and live with you," Donghae said. He could sense his mother smiling like a proud mother would.

"Arraso. Good luck, Donghae-ah! Hwaiting! You're father and I are cheering for you!" Donghae's mother exclaimed, as the two exchanged goodbyes and hung up. Donghae smiled, as he crossed is legs on the table and placed his hands behind his head, smiling. I'm sure I'll find you somewhere here, Yoona! he thought confidently.