Serious Donghae

Forgotten Promise

"Yum!" Yoona said, her lips. She stared at her lunch, which had her mom's delicious kimbab. She picked up her wooden chopsticks and grinned. "I'll eat well!"

Stuffing with rolls of kimbab, her eyes caught the person whom she wanted to see the most–Donghae. Donghae was feasting himself with white rice, juicy galbi, spicy kimchi, and spinach. She almost choked when she watched Donghae eat like a beast–a handsome beast. She gazed at him, trying to find the courage to confess to him at this moment. Just when she was about to get up, Heechul immediately plopped a seat next to her.

"Yoona!" Heechul cried. "I need help!"

Yoona scowled, thinking that it wasn't a good time to see Heechul. "What?" she snapped.

"You left off without letting me finish!" Heechul complained. "I needed to ask you more questions!"

"Can't you ask someone else?" Yoona snapped. "Like Yuri or Donghae?"

"You know that Yuri's going crazy for Donghae and that Donghae is trying to avoid her," Heechul said. "I don't think that it's a good time to ask any of them right now."

Yoona rolled her eyes. "You know that Yuri likes Minho."

"Really? Well then, it's not obvious," Heechul grumbled. "Love is too complicated for me. You're supposed to be the girl who had a crush on me in the past! Aren't you going to help me?"

Yoona sighed. "I don't love you anymore, Heechul. Plus, you know what to do to grab Jessica's attention."

"I don't!" Heechul exclaimed. "What do I say to make her not mad? What if I have only a quarter in my wallet? What if she hates me? What if she already moved on? What if she likes Donghae, too?!" 

"Why would Jessica unnie like Donghae?" Yoona asked, giggling. "She loves you."

"You know how Donghae has been stealing all the girl's attention, right?" Heechul asked. "You, Yuri, and…a bunch of other ladies?"

Yoona glanced around. It then came to her mind that plenty of girls were awing at Donghae, who was still pigging out. She glared at all the girls, but their minds were occupied at staring at Donghae. 

"Really? Well then, it's not obvious," Yoona mimicked, poking her chopstick through one roll of her kimbab. She began to stuff a cheek full of kimbab, ignoring Heechul's presence. Heechul tapped on Yoona's shoulder, trying to grab her attention. He sighed, knowing that Yoona's mind was now occupied with Donghae. He groaned and wrapped his arms around his head as he banged his forehead against the table.

"Gosh, Yoona! You're supposed to help me! Not pig out and stare at Donghae!" Heechul groaned. Before Yoona could answer, she accidentally swallowed a piece of rice through her air tube. Her eyes widened, as she started to choke. She coughed, wheezed, and pounding her fist against her chest. Heechul stared at Yoona worriedly.

"Are you okay? Did you choke? Gah! All I asked for some help and all I get is more trouble. Aish…what am I supposed to do when someone's choking?" Heechul said worriedly. He tried to help Yoona by pounding his fist against her back. Yoona felt like she would throw up any minute. Heechul's fist felt more like a boulder instead of a fist.

"I'll take her," a familiar voice spoke. As Yoona was coughing, she looked up to see Donghae right besides her. "I'll take her to the nurse's room."

"Oh thank goodness!" Heechul cried, sighing in relief. "Yes, yes! Take her! I don't know what to do!"

Donghae smirked, but then quickly frowned at Yoona. He grabbed her arm and pulled her away from the cafeteria. Yoona wanted to tell Donghae that she was fine, but she couldn't since she was still coughing a bit. felt scratchy as she cleared it up. 

"Donghae, I'm fine!" Yoona assured. They were only a few feet from the nurse's room. "You can let go now."

Donghae glanced behind. "You sure?"

"I'm sure," Yoona said confidently. "I stopped choking, see?"

"Good." Donghae suddenly banged Yoona against the wall. Her eyes widened in fear as Donghae stared at her seriously, frowning. "What were you doing with Heechul just now?"