Childhood Memories

Forgotten Promise

"Uljima," a young boy said softly, wiping the little drops of tears away from a girl's soft cheeks, "I'll go buy cake for us!"

"No!" the girl cried, suddenly bursting out into little hiccups.

"You're not the kind of girl to cry. Let's go buy cakes! I promise I'll get your whistle back from the big guys!" the little boy promised, holding up his pinky. The girl shook her head. She reached and grabbed onto the boy's shirt with one hand, as the other hand rubbed her teary eyes.

"Andwe, andwe, andwe! You can't go! The big guys are going to make you get hurt! Andwe, andwe!!" the girl shouted, crying even more. The boy was unsure of what to do. He hesitated for a moment, and then reached into his pocket. He picked out an item and handed it to the girl. The girl, sensing something in front of her, stopped crying and went back to the little hiccups, removing her arm that was rubbing her red, puffy eyes. 

"Ja," the boy said, "This is a coupon I stole from the big guys. Let's go eat cake there." The girl, still upset, just nodded as the boy extended his hand. The girl willingly took his hand as the young boy led the girl to the nearby cake shop.


10 minutes later…

"Strawberry shortcake again?" the boy sighed, after they ordered some cake. The girl sighed and played with her food for a bit. She was upset. The boy stared at the young girl. She was perfect. She was so beautiful, he couldn't help but keep staring at the young choding. The girl glanced up at the boy.

"Mwoh?" the girl asked, tossing her strawberry around the plate. The boy's face reddened as he looked down at his chocolate cake. 

"I… I have to say something to you," the boy said shyly. The girl sighed and stared at the boy.

"Mwoh?" the girl questioned, this time in her cute, curious tone. The boy took a deep breath and made a nervous fist. He first stood up on his chair, as the girl stared at him, a bit shocked. 

"I promise to make you mine!" a young boy exclaimed, standing up on the table and pointing his index finger at a little, young girl. The folks around the young kids stared at the boy and back at the girl. The girl shrugged and poked her fork through the cake.

"Okay," the girl said dully as she opened to stuff the cake. The boy frowned as he puffed his cheeks.

"You're not listening!" he protested.

"Whatever," the girl replied with a yawn, eating the strawberry.

"Wah… Yoona-ah, you never listen!" the boy accused. The girl just smiled, as she happily ate her cake. At least she's happy, the boy thought grumpily, sitting back on his chair.


Years later…

A guy wearing a black, long overcoat came out of the taxi, slipping on his dark shades of sunglasses. He smiled brightly as he inhaled the busy atmosphere.

"Hey, you!" the taxi driver said, "You have to pay." The guy sighed and stared at the amount he had to pay. He reached into his overcoat pocket and brought out his dark, brown leathered wallet. He pulled out the exact amount he had to pay to the taxi driver and handed the money.

"Enjoy the cash," the guy said, as the driver mumbled something. The driver drove away from Donghae, as Donghae grabbed the handle of the suitcase tightly. He removed his sunglasses with his free hand, has he stared at the apartment he was staying in.

"Seoul, I've been traveling for a while now, trying to find my first, long and lost love. I hope she's in this city," Donghae whispered to himself, as he entered his apartment.

 

A/N: I am so~ sorry for making you guys wait for an update! It's been pretty long, right? Anyways, I hope you enjoy this update! ^_^