Accident

Forgotten Promise

"Ew." Heechul stared at Yuri and Minho, who were kissing, with a disgusted face. "Get a room and kiss. We don't want to hear or see you guys kissing while eating lunch."

"But it's so romantic!" Jessica whined. "Besides, it's so cute!"

"Yeah, but it's so revolting," Heechul grumbled. Yoona just laughed, but then quickly let out a depressing sigh. Donghae was still not here. 

Where are you, Donghae? You should be better by now, Yoona thought, biting her bottom lips.

"Yoona? Earth to Yoona? Are you okay?" Yoona looked up to see Yuri, who was staring at her worriedly.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine," Yoona replied. 

"We know something isn't right," Minho said.

"Okay, girls' talk!" Jessica announced, clapping her hands. "Minho, Heechul, I'm sorry but you have to go."

"W-What? I'm her friend–"

"But are you a girl?"

"No, but–"

"Then it's settled," Jessica interrupted, smiling. "Boys leave, girls stay."

"B-But that's so unfair!" Minho protested.

"The boys can stay," Yoona said. "It's nothing. Really, I don't have anything to say."

"We know it's about Donghae, though, right?" Yuri pointed out. Yoona felt something stab her chest, as she numbly nodded her head. Yuri smirked, as Jessica giggled. The boys stared at Yoona, dumbfounded.

"Why are you worrying about Donghae so much? Didn't you hear that he's better?" Minho asked. Yoona looked up with Minho in shock.

What? He's better? Then why didn't he tell me? she wondered. All of the sudden, her stomach felt queasy. 

"You're kidding me," Heechul said, dropping his jaws. "Donghae never told you?"

"N-No, he–"

"Omo, I heard that he was better, but he just didn't feel like coming to school. I thought you'd know that," Yuri added, as Yoona felt dazed. Why didn't Donghae tell her? Why tell everyone, but not Yoona?

"Mhm, I got a call from his just this morning. He said he was afraid to come to school incase he threw up again," Jessica said, nodding her head. Yoona sat still, clearly shocked. 

"Wha……This makes no sense!" Yoona exclaimed. "Why wouldn't he tell me? Only me? I…I…I thought he loved me!"

"He loves you," Yuri assured, "but maybe it wasn't the right time. Maybe, well, I don't know…Maybe he wanted to save the best for last?"

"Best for last?" Yoona yelled. "If I was important to him, he would've told me first so that I wouldn't be so depressed! You know how long I've been wondering why he wasn't feeling better? I thought he was really ill!"

The table kept quiet. Neither of the friends dared to open their mouth. An awkward atmosphere surrounded them, leaving Yoona feeling embarrassed.

I shouldn't have yelled at them, Yoona thought, groaning silently to herself. I just made the situation worse.

"You know, I heard that Donghae would be at the fountain at the nearest park here," Minho mentioned. "He said that he would be there right after school. Maybe, I don't know, you can talk to him there?"

"Darn right! I'll talk to him!" Yoona declared. She stormed away, leaving the group putting up a secret, sly smile.

"Oh my gosh, I'm a freaking GENIUS!" Jessica exclaimed, giggling and squealing.

"So…now what?" Minho asked. "I said my part."

"Well, I know for sure that Donghae will be there, even though he doesn't know what's up," Jessica said. "This is what's going to happen: Yoona will spot Donghae at the fountain. She'll be happy, run to the sidewalk, and BAM! They hug and kiss!"

"That doesn't seem likely," Yuri muttered. "Considering how angry Yoona is."

"Please, this is a work of art," Jessica assured. "Trust me."


Right after school, Yoona was one of the first students to get out of school. She was going to go to the nearest park from this school, talk to Donghae, and scold him for not telling her that she was fine. That was her plan.

There is no way that he's going to get out of this mess, Yoona thought, storming out of the school's gate. She would make sure that Donghae would suffer how she felt when she was worrying about Donghae the whole time at school.

After a few minutes, Yoona saw the nearest park closest to the school. She looked up to see Donghae, who was sitting on the bench near the fountain. Minho was right. Donghae was actually there. However, she felt something was up. This was a busy road, and shockingly, there were no cars or anything on the street. It was as if the clear road was set up for her.

Maybe this is a prank? Yoona wondered. Or maybe today the street isn't being used?

An acorn suddenly bonked on her head. Yoona gasped, and looked up. The tree above her was definitely not an acorn tree. She frowned, trying to see what or who threw the acorn. There were no signs. She sighed and looked back at the park.


"Oh my gosh!" Jessica groaned. "She's not moving! I even threw an acorn to get her moving!"

"Sh! She might hear you!" Heechul whispered. They were in the tree, trying to hide from Yoona. They (mostly Jessica) wanted to witness their fabulous plan come to life. Jessica had purposely called her father to not let anyone cross the road. She declared that it was for a project and that they needed this road to be cleared. Even though she had lied to her parents, she knew that romance always came first.

"Move!!!" Jessica hissed. "If she doesn't move, I'm going to push her in the street."

"Please, you can't climb the tree that fast back," Heechul chuckled. "She's notice you."

"Then do you want to push her?" Jessica asked. Heechul kept quiet. He sighed, and then began to climb down the tree like a ninja. He put his index finger over his lips, as Jessica repeated his gesture with a smile. When he finally got down the tree, he stared at Yoona, who was still wondering what was going on. 

Slowly, he lifted his hands up. He spread his fingers, making sure that he was ready to push. In just a second, he found his hands on Yoona's back, ready to push her in the street. With force, he pushed Yoona towards the blank road.

Yoona gasped, shocked about feeling a pair of hands on her back. She wheeled around, but no one was behind her. Then, she noticed that she was on the middle of the street. She froze.

Darn it Yoona! Jessica thought, as Heechul quickly climbed up the tree. Keep going! Appa's not going to block the road the whole day!


"The road is now open!" the officer announced. The people in the cars finally cheered, as Minho started his motorcycle's engine. Yuri was sitting in the back, her arms snaking around Minho's stomach. 

"So now where are we going to go for our date?" Yuri asked.

"You'll find out," Minho said with a smirk. Yuri pouted.

"Oppa!"

"We're going full speed, so hold on tight!" Minho yelled. 

"Then can we go to the mall?" Yuri asked loudly. "If we keep going straight on the road, then we'll approach the mall faster."

Minho smiled. "Sure, but hold on tight!"


Move! Yoona commanded herself. She stared at Donghae, who looked like he was waiting for someone. She stared back at the tree where the acorn fell. She wanted to go back on the sidewalk, but she felt that she needed to move forward. She took a deep breath, wet her lips, and stared ahead. Move forward, Yoona. Staying in the middle of the road is not safe!

She lifted her foot up, ready to take another step forward. Jessica and Heechul, who were still watching Yoona, began to squeal with joy. Before Yoona's foot could touch the ground, a motorcycle was approaching her with full speed. She quickly whirled around to the direction she heard the motorcycle.

"WATCH OUT!" Minho and Yuri screamed, as Minho tried to stop the motorcycle. Before Yoona had time to react, she found herself on the ground, as her blood began to make a small pool around her.

The couple's eyes widened, as they stared at Yoona in horror. Donghae turned around, wondering what the commotion was. His eyes widened, running up to the small doe-eyed girl.

"YOONA!" Donghae yelled. Minho and Yuri quickly got off the motorcycle, as Jessica and Heechul climbed down the tree. Donghae scooped Yoona up, not caring that the fact his arms were being drenched in her blood. "Yoona, talk to me! Are you okay?" Donghae looked up. "Call the ambulance! Someone! Just call!"

What. The. Heck. Just. Happened? everyone wondered.