Wait For Me

Forgotten Promise

Yoona was dazed. She was unable to think correctly. In class, she would always say the incorrect answer, and when gossiping with friends, she wouldn't listen. Everyone began to feel concern with Yoona's unusual action. Minho was absent today, so everyone thought that it was because of Minho's absence that she was being strange. However, few of those who were quite close with Yoona knew that it wasn't Minho. Yuri, being the few of them, approached Yoona.

"Yoona," Yuri said. Yoona, who was sitting under a shady tree, looked up. The memory of Yuri kissing Donghae came back. Yoona quickly shook her head, as her heart began to feel pain.

"What?" Yoona asked coldly.

"I just wanted to say that I don't like Minho anymore," Yuri stated. "In fact, I'm not going to even see his face anymore."

Yoona's eyes enlarged. This isn't happening…

"Why?" Yoona whispered.

"Last night at the wedding, I realized what a jerk Minho was to me," Yuri explained. "Then I realized that I should just give up on him so that he won't be a nuisance anymore in my life. He's a jerk, Yoona. Face it."

"Then…What are you going to do?" Yoona asked. She knew clearly what Yuri's answer would be, but she prayed that she wouldn't be hearing it.

"Simple," Yuri said, crossing her arms. "I'm going to chase after Donghae oppa now."

Donghae…oppa… Yoona thought, noticing how Yuri had added, "oppa."

"I must be dreaming," Yoona muttered, looking down at the grass.

"Well, you're not, and I'm sorry to say that," Yuri stated. Yoona kept quiet for a moment. She didn't want Yuri to take away someone she cared for. Now Yoona understood how Yuri must've felt when she took away Minho from her. She didn't want Yuri to take Donghae away. 

"You can't."

Yuri raised an eyebrow and looked down at Yoona. "What?"

"You can't love Donghae oppa," Yoona stated boldly. Yuri laughed, and then shot a cold glare at her.

"And why can't I?" Yuri questioned loudly. 

"Because…Because I'm going to take Donghae oppa away from you!" Yoona shouted loudly. She quickly covered . 

How am I able to say such a thing when I have a boyfriend? Yoona wondered, rolling her eyeballs upward to Yuri. Yuri just stared at Yoona for a moment. Then, she smirked.

"Try if you can. You know that he won't accept you until your remember the promise between you two," Yuri pointed out. She laughed as she walked away from Yoona. All of the sudden, Yoona felt insecure. She felt hopeless and lifeless, as if the energy had drained away from her from the simple conversation. 

This is so frustrating, Yoona thought, covering her face with her hands. Why am I still hanging onto Donghae oppa? Why am I still hanging onto Minho oppa, too?

"Yoona?" 

Yoona immediately looked up, recognizing who that voice belonged to. "Donghae oppa?"

Donghae looked side to side and then sat next to Yoona. "I might never want to go to another wedding ever again."

"Why?" Yoona asked. She already knew the reason, but she just wanted to hear the reason from Donghae's mouth. Donghae his lips and then touched it.

"It's…personal…"

"Personal enough that you can't even tell me?"

"Yeah."

"Well, what happened?"

Donghae hesitated. "I don't want to say or admit it…"

"Pretty please? I'm your childhood friend," Yoona pleaded, pouting. Donghae laughed and pinched her cheeks.

"I'm not going to tell, even though you plead," Donghae said, smirking. Yoona frowned.

"You're so mean…"

"And so are you," Donghae agreed.

"How am I mean?" Yoona asked, widening her eyes.

"There are several of reasons," Donghae said, heaving a sigh. "For one thing, you…"

"Okay, never mind, I don't want to listen," Yoona said, covering her ears. The last thing she wanted to hear from Donghae's mouth was why she was so rude to him. Donghae smiled gently and caressed her long, smooth hair.

"You seem disappointed and upset. Is something wrong?" he questioned. Yoona looked away from Donghae. It would be hard to tell him why she was feeling so depressed and upset. 

I can't tell him that I spied on him during the wedding to see what was going on between Yuri and Donghae. I should keep quiet until he wants to tell me it. Then I could say that I saw, Yoona thought.

"No, nothing is wrong," Yoona lied, forcing a smile. Donghae frowned. He reached his thumb and placed it on the corner of Yoona's lips. Yoona immediately blushed as her heart began to race.

"Smile more," Donghae said, "Naturally." 

He lifted his thumb upwards as the end of her lips tugged upwards. Yoona frowned as she swatted away Donghae's hand.

"Donghae oppa, I'm smiling at least," Yoona grumbled. Donghae just smiled.

"Okay, okay, do what you like," Donghae said, raising his hands up. The two were quiet, unable to stare at each other in the eyes. Donghae, especially, could not stare into Yoona's eyes like he had used to. Whenever he did, it reminded him of how he kissed Yuri and how he easily he had lost his first kiss. He felt like he had betrayed Yoona and had broken his promise, even though his promise was to make Yoona his. He wanted to somehow make it up to her, even though she didn't "know" about it.

"Hey Yoona, after school, do you want to go and eat cake with me?" Donghae asked, forcing a soft smile. Yoona pressed her lips into a thin line.

"I don't know…I promised Minho oppa that I'd see him–"

"Only for a few minutes, please?" Donghae begged. Yoona looked down at the ground. She heaved a sigh and smiled naturally at Donghae.

"Sure! Why not?" she giggled. Donghae grinned as the two stared at each other for some time. Nobody disturbed them as their eyes met. The wind blew softly through their hair, as Donghae was about to lean in. As he leaned in to kiss Yoona, he closed his eyes softly. Yoona was just about to closer her eyes until she stopped herself. She noticed Yuri far away, staring at the two. Yuri was smirking, holding up her phone. Yoona noticed that she would take a picture of the two kissing and send it to Minho. Immediately, Yoona pressed her index finger against Donghae's lips, which had alerted his senses. He widened his eyes, realizing what he was about to do. He immediately back away, his cheeks flushing.

"I-I'm sorry!" Donghae stuttered, looking away.

"Wait for me," Yoona said. Donghae looked at Yoona and raised an eyebrow.

"Huh?"

"Wait for me," Yoona repeated. "Wait for me until I can remember our promise. Please?"

"Yoona, what are you talking about–"

"No matter what or whoever confesses their feelings to you, reject them and wait for me. I promise…I promise that somehow, I'll remember our promise," Yoona promised.

"But what about Minho–"

"Please? Just wait for me!" Yoona exclaimed, clasping her hands together. Donghae stared at Yoona for a moment. Then, he slowly nodded.

"Alright…Sure. I'll wait, but don't think that I'm going to wait for long," Donghae said in a serious tone. Yoona grinned as she glanced at Yuri, who was scowling a bit.

I'm not going to lose against you, Kwon Yuri, Yoona declared, Because this time, I'm fighting for true love.

"Wait for me," Yoona said. "Don't go to anyone else