Forehead Kiss

Forgotten Promise

"Yuri."

Yuri turned around and saw Minho smiling at her. She managed to smile back and wave. 

"Hi Minho," Yuri greeted. "What brings you here?"

She was heading home, which was a bit far from school. Of course, she was going to take the bus, but seeing Minho, she thought that she was going to be late to take the bus.

Minho shrugged his shoulders as he walked up to her. "I don't know. I was just curious…Did you visit me at the nurse's office?"

Yuri's cheeks turned bright red, as she remembered how she left the lunch with Minho and had whispered for him to get better. She looked down and stared at her shoes. What was she supposed to say? She didn't want to give in that quickly.

"I-I don't know," Yuri stuttered. "Maybe I did, or maybe I didn't. I mean, why would I go to the nurse?" 

Minho couldn't help but smirk. So she did visit me, Minho thought. I was right.

Shyly, he stared down at his shoes, and then looked up, staring deeply into Yuri's eyes. "Want to get some snack before we head back home?"

Yuri frowned. "Isn't your home the other way?"

"Well…I can take the long way," Minho said, shrugging his shoulders again. Yuri rolled her eyes as she giggled.

"Maybe next time, Minho," Yuri offered. "It's going to get dark soon, and I don't want you to get hurt or anything."

"But–"

"Got to go, Minho! I'll get snacks with you next time, alright?"

"But–"

"Bye!" With that, Yuri took off. It wasn't like she wanted to avoid Minho or was in a hurry. No, it was simply because if she stayed at the same spot a bit longer, she would faint and fall into Minho's arms. 

Minho, on the other hand, was dumbfounded. He didn't even get to speak, except for one word–"But." He sighed and his hands over his face. Rubbing his temple, he looked up and smiled softly at Yuri.

I guess she's just busy, Minho thought. I'll talk to her next time.


"We're here," Donghae informed, stopping right in front of Yoona's house. Yoona felt like that walk took less than a second, even though it was only a few minutes. Yoona stared at the sunset once more, and then glanced at her house. 

That was so fast, Yoona thought, and I just walked with him. I didn't even get to start a conversation, which usually helps time speed up.

"Yoona?" Donghae said, repeating Yoona's name. "You okay?"

Yoona shook her head and forced a smile. "Yeah, I'm fine."

Donghae heaved a sigh and stared at the sunset. "Time passes by really fast, doesn't it?"

"It sure does," Yoona whispered in agreement. Donghae smiled and patted Yoona's hair, messing it up a bit. She gasped and groaned, shoving Donghae's hands away. "Donghae oppa!"

Donghae chuckled without saying a word. With his body taking over his mind, Donghae leaned towards Yoona and pecked her forehead. For a moment, none of the two did anything. There was no reaction in that few five seconds. 

Finally, Yoona's eyes enlarged, as Donghae leaned back. He looked calmed and eased for a few second, but then quickly realized his actions. His eyes widened as he touched his lips. Yoona blushed, blood pumping into her cheeks quicker than she had expected. Both of their hearts raced, trying to ease their breaths.

Like the speed of light, memories flashed into Yoona's head. She saw pictures of Donghae when he was younger, holding her small, puny hands. Donghae looked worried, upset, and possibly distressed. Another scene flashed in her head, which was Donghae leaning in and pecking her forehead in the sunset. Yoona, who couldn't take all the memories coming into her head, stopped the memories from entering before her head could burst with memories. Reality came back to her senses, as Yoona stared at Donghae, who was blushing.

"I-I-I–I'm so sorry!" Donghae apologized. "I-I…"

"I-It's fine," Yoona stuttered, looking away. "Um…"

"Really, I'm so sorry! I don't know what took over me! It's just that when I saw that sunset–"

"You had the urge to kiss me like you did when we were younger," Yoona finished. Donghae stared at Yoona strangely.

"You remember?" 

"Remember what?"

"About…never mind."

"I need to know, Donghae oppa!"

"Maybe when you remember," Donghae said. Yoona pouted as Donghae grinned. He gestured his shoulder towards Yoona's house. "Go inside. It's getting late."

"Yeah, it's getting late," Yoona agreed quietly.