Chapter Eight

I Want To Know You

 "I will never let go of you."

 "..........................................."

 "Please, stay with me."

 "I'm sorry....."

 "I love you."

 "I have to go. I'm sorry..."

 "No."

I fixed my eyes on the TV. Woah. He confessed to her. And she rejected him. Poor DooJoon, or his character, JungHwa. Ha. Serves him right. That's what you get for confessing to a girl that has already been engaged. Stupid. This is one of his recent drama, "Tragic Love". He's so serious when doing his job. And he has a COMPLETELY different side of him on screen.

 "I love you. Don't leave me."

Hmmm..... LEAVE HIM!!! IGNORE HIM!!! GO! DON'T COME BACK!!! Yea.... I like to comment on everything I watch. Every scenes.

 "Sorry."

YES! THAT'S RIGHT!!! GO! DON'T YOU LOOK BACK!! HE'S A JERK!!!

 "WOAH!!" I shouted to myself.

She walked off~ You've made a very good choice, ma'am.

 "Now I'ma go take my shower." I left the TV on.

Usually I'll have dinner after my shower, but not today. There's a lot of stuff on my mind. I grabbed a jacket from my closet and left the house.

 "............ I should do this more often." I breathed in the night's cool air.

The weather is pretty nice outside. I decided to go out for a LONG walk. Who cares if I have school tomorrow. I live alone so, no need to return early. Besides, I wanna clear my mind a little.

 "Mommy!!!!!!" A cried broke out.

It's that a kid? I rushed towards the cry. On the ground, with his knees to his chest, and his arms around them, he lost his mom.

 "Are you okay?" I bend down.

 "W-Who are you?!" He scooted away.

 "That's okay. No need to be scare." I smiled.

All little kids are trained to never talk to strangers.

 "Are you a good guy?" He sniffed.

 "Yes. Let's go find your mommy." I reached out my arms.

 "Okay..." He whipped away his tears and grabbed my hand.

 "What's your name?" I asked.

 "Kang HyunKi." He asnwered.

 "That's a cute name." I commented and flashed a sweet smile.

 "Thanks. Mommy thinks so, too." HyunKi smiled.

 "Was she the one who named you?"

 "No, I heard Daddy did. So, what's your name?

 "Jang HyunSeung."

 "That's a cute name, too!"

 "Thanks."

 "Hey, Seung-hyung, I really like you. You're so pretty and nice."

 "Pretty? But I'm a guy. Thanks for liking me though."

 "You're really really pretty~ I bet even guys would fall in love with you."

 "Haha. How do you know all this? You're too young."

 "Seung-hyung is the prettiest man I've ever seen.!"

 "Haha. Thanks. But what about your Dad?"

 "Daddy is just handsome. Not pretty."

 "Than I should be handsome, not pretty."

 "PRETTY!!!!!"

 "Okay, okay, okay. Hahaahaaa."

We walked for quite awhile. His mom is nowhere in sight. Did she left him? I don't think so. She's not like my mom.... Wait... Anyways, HyunKi seems tired, so we stopped by a bench and rested for a bit.

 "Is Mommy going to come back?" HyunKi suddenly asked.

 "Of course. She's probably looking for you right now." I put my arm around him.

He shouldn't think negatively. It might happen.

 "I-I wanna go home...." HyunKi snuggled.

 "Don't worry. You'll be home soon." I comforted him.

After some seconds, he fell asleep. His head leaned against my chest. My arms secured tightly around him. For some reason, a drop of tear rolled down my cheek. This lonely and lost feeling.... I have experienced it. It's painful and scary. I understands exactly how HyunKi feels. That's why I wanna help and protect him 'till the end. At least until he found his mom.

 "Mommy...." HyunKi softly whispered.

 "Sleep talking?" I softly his hair.

Poor kid. But at least you got me. Back then, I have nobody..... I was just alone on the street. I was just watching all the cars passing by, wishing my Mom was in one of them. But she wasn't. She abandoned me. She just left me in a sea full of strangers. And when I've found my way out, she's gone. Gone. She probably didn't even look for me. She probably left me on purpose. No. No. No. That's impossible. How can a mother do that to her child? But it was reality. She really left. For the first time ever of a 7 years old kid's life, I felt like the whole world collapsed. I cried so much while screaming out "Mommy". My throat soon became sore and could barely let out a word. But I still tried even though I, myself know it's hopeless. She won't come. Ever. That time, I wandered around to look for her. No hope. She disappeared. A police officer saw and took me with him. He brought me to an office that I don't know of. I remembered waiting and waiting for my mom to come. She didn't. I realized then that she has truly abandonded me. So, like any other kid, I cried. The polices felt bad. They were comforting me, giving me candy. But nothing stopped my tears. It hurts so bad. I eventually fell asleep after crying so much. When I woke up, my dad was sitting next to me. He didn't know I was awake. I heard him clearly.

 "I'm sorry. I didn't know she'll go this far. HyunSeung, we lost our jobs and can't even afford living for ourselves.... Always remember that we'll always love you."

That's all. That was it. The next morning, my dad was nowhere to be found. All his belongings are gone. I was in the house alone. That moment, I started crying again. They both left me because they're out of money. At least wait until I'm older. I was abandoned by my parents when I was 7.... I lived off from my neighbors. They pitied me and raised me. The day I became a freshman, which was a year ago, was when I received money from all my neighbors. It was a huge amount of money. I knew what it meant. So, after my first day of high school, I bought a small house that is very very far away from my current location because it was cheaper. The house is old and all but it's cozy. There, I began living on my own. I have part-time job. On the weekends only though. The boss adores me and paid me extra wages. Yea.... I continued to live like that up until now. I want to find my parents. And tell them that if they choose to abandon me, I'm fine with it. I can still survive without them.

 "OH MY GOSH!!!!!! HYUNKI!!! I'M SO SORRY!!!" A lady rushed over to us.

 "Is he your kid?" I asked.

 "Yes!" She burst into tears.

 "HyunKi. Wake up." I softly shook the sleeping boy.

He woke up and saw his mom.

 "MOMMY!!!" HyunKi shouted as he flew into her arms.

 "THANK YOU SO MUCH!" She hugged her son tightly.

 "Next time, Don't lose him again. You might lose him forever." I smiled.

 "Seung-hyung, I found my mommy. Bye!" HyunKi cheerfully waved.

 "Thank you for looking after my son." HyunKi's mom bowed.

 "Well, you better get going now, HyunKi's tired." I said.

 "Bye pretty hyung!!!! I'll see you again." HyunKi gave me a kiss on my cheek and held onto his mom's hand.

I watched as they both walked away. I smiled. Must be nice to have parents. I guess I've lost that feeling of being loved a long time ago.

 "Let's go home, HyunSeung." I sighed heavily to myself.

 

#####################################################################################

Author's Note: HEY! Wow.. My hands and arms are tired~ This chapt. took me like more than an hour to type it up. -_- SO, please enjoy and remember to leave comments~ BTW: I mentioned sophomore and freshman, this is reffering to high school. Freshman- 9th grade, Sophomore- 10th grade. Okay. So have fun and I'll see y'all next weekend. Bye-yeom~~~ >___<