Chapter Sixteen

I Want To Know You

 “Sorry, but may I ask where is this?” DooJoon slightly pulled his sunglasses down to the bridge of his nose.

 “I don’t know…… Somewhere, I guess?” I shrugged.

Honestly, I thought of a place I went to when I was little with my parents…. It’s been ages so I’m not sure if this place is still the same.

 “You don’t know?! We’ve been walking in silence for like 25 minutes and now you’re telling me you have no idea where on Earth are we?!”

 “Calm down!”

 “Seriously? How can I stay calm?”

 “Oh my gosh. Just follow me, okay?”

DooJoon fixed his sunglasses and crossed his arms. I rolled my eyes and began walking uphill. Yea. We were at the bottom of a hill…..?

 “More walking?” DooJoon groaned.

I sighed, ignoring his annoying question. This guy is so irascible! Jeez! Be patient! It might worth your goddamn time! I think……. We’re technically somewhere in the beginning of winter….. So, I’m not so sure if “this” will be worth it.

 “Just be a good boy and shut your mouth.” I rolled my eyes.

I heard him muttered some words under his breath behind me. Whatever. Some minutes later, we made it to the top of the “hill”. I didn’t believe what I saw. I didn’t expect it. It was….. Beautiful.

 “Wow…” DooJoon removed his sunglasses.

 “See?” I smiled.

 “You’re right. I should have just kept my mouth shut. This is gorgeous….”

I nodded and looked over to the celebrity. His eyes were beaming with amazement. I smiled and grabbed his wrist. Okay, I have no idea why I did that. But anyways, I ran down, pulling him with me.

 “I didn’t expect it to be like “this”. Guess I was wrong.” I looked around.

 “What do you mean?”

 “It’s the beginning of winter.”

 “And?”

 “I didn’t think anything would grow.” I scratched my head.

 “There are winter flowers, too.” DooJoon smiled.

I nodded. Totally. Surround us are colorful flowers.  All different kinds. Roses, lilies, pansies, bluebells, and many more. It’s stunning. Just precious. The beautiful scenery me in. I thought I was in a totally different world. Beautiful blossoms are everywhere.

 “Hey Doo-“ I turned to my side.

He’s gone. He’s not next to me anymore. Where did he go? This guy. Seriously. At least tell me where you’re going. I frowned and started looking around for the “missing” star. Moments later that seem like forever, the star randomly popped out of nowhere, scaring the out of me. Yes, I screamed.

 “Woah. Calm down.”

 “WHAT THE H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS ARE YOU DOING?!”

 “Sorry. I didn’t want to interrupt your “thoughts”. So I went on without informing to you.” He casually said.

 “Well, you got me freaking looked for you! And I thought some lake monster swallowed you up already.” I rolled my eyes.

DooJoon laughed. I sighed. I was about to turn around and walk away, but I notice something. DooJoon has his hands behind his back, hiding something? Humans are curious. And I’m a human.

 “What’s that?” I asked.

 “What’s what?” He looked at me “innocently”.

 “You know. That. Behind you.” I pointed.

DooJoon shifted a little and looked down. He looked up again. What a great actor. I scoffed. My body moves on its own and stepped closer to DooJoon. He smirked.

 “Here.” He revealed the “secret” he was hiding behind his back.

I froze on my track. My eyes widened. His fingers were wrapped around these angelic flowers that I’ve never seen before.

 “For you.” He warmly smiled.

I felt the burning feeling throughout my body. The hotness was irresistible.

 “F-For m-me?” I whispered.

 “Yea. For you.” He smiled once again.

I lowered my head, unable to meet his shining eyes.

 “Thank you..” I softly whispered as my arms reaches out.

I took the flowers and looked at him. Our eyes meet.

 “I wanted to pick some flowers for you.” He said softly.

I froze. How should I react? No one has ever done this to me before. I really haven’t felt “warmth” in such a long time.

 “They fit you. Don’t you think?” He smiled.

 “How…?”

 “You know what flowers are these?”

I shook my head.

 “That white one in the middle. What does it look like to you?”

I examined the cute, big, fluffy, and white, round shrub of small flower heads. I thought over and over again and finally realized.

 “A snowball.” I answered.

 “Right. That’s what it calls. Snowball.”

 “Really?”

 “Yep.”

Wow. I never thought of a type of flowers that are named “snowball”.

 “That pinkish or light pink bloom is camellia. I’d like to think camellia is the cousin of rose.”

I fixed my eyes on the big, full bloomed pale pink flower. Gorgeous. It does look somewhat similar to a rose.

 “And that deep red one with a little light pinkish reddish closing in its stamen is amaryllis.”

They’re so elegant. Amaryllis. Even the name is fancy.

 “Beautiful aren’t they?” DooJoon grinned.

I nodded in agreement. My lips curved upward to a wide smile. Why does it makes me so happy? No. Why does HE make me feel so happy?

 “You smiled.” DooJoon look surprised.

 “What? It’s not like I didn’t smile at you before…..”

 “No. Your smile right now. It’s different from any of your other smiles. It’s more sincere.”

I looked down at the flowers in my hands, avoiding his eyes. Again. Abnormal waves of hotness drowned me. My face turned red. I know.

 “I don’t know what you’re talking about. Let’s go.” I quickly turned away.

 “Hey. Wait.” DooJoon called.

I didn’t look back. I can’t and don’t want to.

 “Slow down. Planning on leaving me?” DooJoon caught up.

 “That’s what you get for being slow.”

 “You like it?”

 “L-Like what?”

I nearly gasp at the question. I thought I was obvious.

 “The flowers.” He smiled.

I looked at him and at the flowers.

 “Yes. I love it. Thanks.” I nodded.

DooJoon beamed. He looks like an idiot. But I didn’t mind…. Not good…. I’m starting to feel the “love” that I’ve lost.

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: Sup y'all~ Sorry for not updating last week. I was being tortured by teachers...... Yea... Anyways, this chapt. is for last week. I'll update THIS week chapt. late this afternoon... I think.. Or maybe earlier. Well, look forward to it. I've tried my best to describe some "stuff". Didn't work so well. So, like, I got a Thanksgiving present for y'all... DooJoon will be back for 2 weeks~~~ Yay~~~ Okay.  Anyways, like I say, look forward to it. I hope you lovely people have an awesome Thanksgiving break~~~ (definitely not me.. stuck doing packages of homework..) EAT LOTS AND COMMENT LOTS!!!! XD BAI-BAI-YEOM~