Chapter Twelve

I Want To Know You

 "What did you just say?" I stared at him.

 "Seems like you missed what i said. Not repeating." He placed the project back on the table.

 "You really want to be friends with me?" I looked at him, desperately.

 "Yea. Friends."

 "Just friends?"

 "Duh. What else? Your dad?"

 ".......... My dad?"

 ".... I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to..."

 "That's okay. Let's finish the project." I coolly waved it off.

We both focused on finishing our project. Well, HyunSeung mostly concentrated. I'm too thrilled. I was so surprised when he suddenly say that. I thought he was sick of me... I feel so fly~

 "There. All done." HyunSeung scanned the paper, looking all satisfied.

 "Wow. That was quick. Ad it turned out way better than I expected." I smiled.

The plain, boring, white paper is now covered with different shades of blue. The information were written neatly in cursive. Each letter was traced over by a black pen-marker. His handwriting is very pretty. Everything is perfect. Jang HyunSeung is flawless.

 "Can I go home now?" He shook my arm.

 "Huh.. What?" I snapped back to reality.

 "Is there something on my face? You keep on staring. It's creepy." His index finger circled around his face.

 "Umm... No. Nothing." I lowered my head and smiled.

He's so damn beautiful.

 "Okay... So, I'm leaving." He grabbed his backpack and stood up.

 "No, wait." I quickly grabbed his wrist without knowing.

 "What?" He looked at me.

 "I mean.... It's late and I wouldn't walk home alone if I were you." I said.

 "I'll be fine. I'm a guy after all." He said.

 "I'll walk you home." I suggested.

No response from him. I coolly dragged him out of the room. My fingers were still wrapped around HyunSeung's wrist. I can feel electricity flowing through my veins.

 "Are we really walking?" He asked.

 "Yea. DaeHo-hyung left." I replied.

 "No." He stopped.

 "What?" I frowned.

 "Umm... Really. I'm fine. I can take care of myself."

 "No. It's dangerous."

 "I said I'm fine!"

 "You said it before." I looked down at the concreted ground.

 "What?"

 "Didn't you say you want to be my friend?"

 "I-.. Um.. Yea.. But-"

 "No buts. Let's go." I softly grabbed his hand.

 "Okay. But you don't have to drag me." He looked down shyly at his hand which now are in mines.

 "I'm sorry...." I reluctantly let go of his hand.

I wish I could just hold his hand forever. The warmth that been passed to me through his soft hand was so gentle and welcoming.

 "Hey... Um... I've been thinking.... Where are your parents?" HyunSeung suddenly asked.

We were walking in silence for like 15 minutes. I followed HyunSeung, side-by-side. And now he suddenly broke the silence. I was shocked. I really was. No one had ever brought that subject up to me. No one. Never. Probably because I didn't allow it. It's too painful for me to handle. Should I answer him?

 "Parents? Good question. Where are they?" I shrugged.

 "What?" He looked at me.

 "I don't even think my parents even remember that I exist." I scoffed.

 "What's that supposed to mean?"

 "I don't know. It's just.. I don't know where they are, how they're doing. Though I'm pretty sure they don't care how I am doing right now."

 "...................."

 "It's true. All I know is I've been alone in that mansion for awhile."

 "You must be lonely." He quietly said.

Again. I was shocked. He sounded like he's been through it. And his situation is worse. But I thought he has a pretty normal life....?

 "Yea." I nodded.

 "I guess we're the same......"

 "Huh?"

 "It's lonely living by yourself. Whenever you're tired or sad, there's no shoulder for you to rest your head on or any soft voices that comforts you. And whenever you're in a good mood, there's no one to share your feelings or day with."

I can't belive what I'm hearing. I pursed my lips. We're still walking.

 "Sometimes I wished.... If I were like you or any other wealthy people.. Live in a mansion, have servants, and sitting on a pool of money. My life would be much better and less lonely. Because.... If 'we' were rich, 'we' wouldn't fall apart." HyunSeung's voice cracked on 'wouldn't fall apart'.

'We'? Is he referring to his.... Family? Parents?

 "What happened, HyunSeung...?" I asked, my head hung low.

Why did I ask that?! I'm so stupid!

 "Back then, when I was 7, my parents left me." HyunSeung said, calmly.

 "What?!" My eyes widened.

WHAT?! 7?! WHAT THE HELL???!!! WHO WOULD LEAVE THIS ADORABLE CHILD??!!!!

 "Yea. It's unbelievable. You don't have to believe it. I couldn't believe it either. It all happened too fast." His eyes glued to the ground.

My heart crash. I have the urge to pull him into my embrace and never let go of him. I admit that my parents did the same, but it was only recently....... HyunSeung has been suffering all these years.

 "You don't have to say anything..." He softly whispered.

As much as I want to, I couldn't. What if the words that came out of my mouth are stupid and end up hurting him? What will I do then? I'll probably kill myself. So, I kept my mouth shut. No words should escape. We walked passed many stores and streets and trees... His house is VERY FAR. I'm thankful though. The farther his house is, the more time I can spend to walk together with him. I wish time would stop and we would walk by each other's sides forever.

 "Umm... Let's stop here. I can walk the rest of the way by myself." HyunSeung stopped.

 "No. I have to take you all the way home." I suggested.

 "My house is at the end of street. So, you can go back now." He pointed down to the end of a dark, gloomy street.

My eyes followed his finger down the street. There's exactly one light pole on the street. How can he live in this place?! Just move in with me already!

 "Then I'll walk you to the end of the street." I smiled.

 "No. I'm already bothering you enough." He insisted.

 "It's not bothering. I'm enjoying it actually."

 "Thank you for your time and kindness, but you must leave NOW.. It's late and we still have school tomorrow. You'll probably take a long time to get back to your mansion. Doesn't matter if you drive or walk."

 "HyunSeung-"

 "Goodnight, DooJoon."

I nodded in defeat. He smiled. Argh! That angelic smile!

 "Fine, but you go on and walk away first." I said.

HyunSeung nodded and walked dow the street. I watched him until his shadow was out of sight. I sighed heavily. Living in this lifeless neighborhood, alone. That's more lonely than living alone in a huge mansion. At least I have DaeHo-hyung and my workers. HyunSeung has nothing and no one.

 "Hey. It's me, DooJoon."

 "Yes, master?"

 "Pick me up, Jay. I'll text you the address."

 "Yes, sir."

I moved my phone from my ear. I looked around the place one more time.

 "Jang HyunSeung, can you please stay by my side?"

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: I'M SO SORRY IF THIS WAS A CRAPPY CHAPT. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =____= It's just......... I don't know...... SORRY~~~!!!!!!!! LEAVE COMMENTS AND I'LL SEE Y'ALL NEXT WEEK~ BYE-YEOM~ *waves* @_@