Chapter Twenty-Four

I Want To Know You

I tossed myself around in bed on a Monday morning. Feeling too lazy to get up. But also realized, oh, I'm on break. And four more days until Christmas. 

I am really such a coward. 

After school that day when I got kicked out in the middle of class for the first time, I went straight home. And also the day after that and the day after after that. In the end, I have been going straight home for a month. And now, it's winter break. Ugh.

I'm an .

Who was the person that said he's gonna visit everyday? Jang HyunSeung.

Who was the person that's being a piece of and just ignore the fact that he has to visit? Jang HyunSeung.

Who was the person that's running away from everything and left the other party alone dealing with it? Jang HyungSeung. Me.

I frowned and pulled my blanket over my face.  

 "You're an idiot, HyunSeung-ah." I mumbled under the sheet.

A sigh escaped my mouth.   

 "How is he doing?" I wondered.

I honestly felt bad for ditching him like this. A whole month, too. I'm a terrible person. Man, I don't like myself right now.

Thoughts ran through my head until I finally admitted defeat.  

 "I miss him." My body sat up on its own and got itself out of bed. "DooJoon."

My foot stepped inside the restroom. I stripped off my sleeping clothes and move into the shower. It wasn't a long shower since I was in a "rush". 

I went through my drawers. Found a pair of dark green pants, put them on. Found a long-sleeves black T-shirt, put that on. Found a dark gray coat, put it on. And pulled on some socks and walked downstairs. My organ systems decided to skip breakfast. As I plopped down on the couch to slip on my shoes, there were knocks at the front door.

I looked up. Who in the world would come here-  

 "Wait!" I shouted and quickly tied the shoe laces.

I jumped off the couch and ran to the door. My fingers wrapped around the door's knob firmly. Now I just need to twist it and pull-

Forgot to unlock it...

I groaned and turned the lock. Now I can twist the knob. I did. And I pulled the door towards me.  

 "Um. Sorry but what you want? I'm in a hurry right now." I said without looking to see who it was.

Big mistake.  

 "In a hurry for what?" 

Immediately, my head shot up. What the- No. How- What- How did- Yoon DooJoon. I gasped out of surprise, shock, happy, and confuse all mixed together.  

 "Hey." DooJoon smiled.

This happened way too fast for me to comprehend. So, it took me quite awhile to analyze the whole event. When I did, I sure wasn't happy. Or mad.  

 "How did found my house?" Was the first thing that came out of my mouth.  

 "I know your street cause remember? Last time I walked you home. Well, I went through a lot of hard work to find this house." He looked around the area. "But it wasn't actually me, DaeHo-hyungnim did. Apparently, I can't be going around knocking on people's doors to ask if they ever seen a high school boy who lives around here."  

 "Uh.. Okay. And you can stand now?" I looked down at his ankle, or foot since his pants covered the ankle.  

 "Um.. No. That's not exactly right. I can stand, walk, and run. My ankle's all better now, see?" He lifted up his leg and wiggled it. "I can even kick, too."  

 "That's good. Congratulation." I smiled.

It was sincere. I felt relived, knowing he's fine and not in pain any more.   

 "Thanks. It has been a month so of course it heals." DooJoon emphasized "a month", making me feel horrible and guilty. "Where the hell were you?"  

 "I... I was at home...?" I averted my attention elsewhere, anywhere away from DooJoon's gaze.   

 "Ha. Home. I really feel sick now. And I thought I'll see sparkles and flowers when I see you." DooJoon's tone made me mentally shivered in coldness.  

 "I-I'm sorry." I said.

I didn't know what else should I tell him. Except for a plain, simple "I'm sorry".  

 "That's it? You're sorry? Of course you'll be." He scoffed. "You left a sick person who was anxiously waiting for you every single freaking day and went home."

I pursed my lips. DooJoon was right.  

 "And since you're the one at fault here, you should make it up. To. The. Victim."   

 "Well, umm... I was going to visit you this morning... But then.... I'm sorry..." I uttered some words.

I stared at his shoes. Damn. They're freaking cool! I've seen some kids in my school wore those. And heard that those pairs are the latest model. Very trendy. Wish I bought some. Those be looking fine on me.   

 "Ah. You were going over to my place, today? Why not everyday of last month but suddenly today?" DooJoon growled. 

I hate being scolded at.  

 "Can you stop and talk a little nicely? You're scaring me." I frowned as my eyeballs went rolling.   

 "No."   

 "What?"  

 "You know what? Instead of standing out here in the cold, let's go somewhere."   

 "Huh?"  

 "You're all dressed anyways. And you have to make it up to me, so let's go. No complaints shall be heard, okay?"   

 "Doo-"  

 "Sshh. It's Danny."

I sighed and gave in.   

 "Fine. Let me lock the door." I walked in and grabbed the keys on the kitchen counter. 

After the locking-door process was done, I turned to DooJoon, whose face is very handsome but there's some hint of angry and annoyed.   

 "I'm really sorry." I muttered under my breath.  

 "Stop saying you're sorry! I don't want to hear that!" He suddenly snapped.  

 "Then what do you want to hear?!" I, too, snapped.

Why is he like that?!  

 "I want to hear- Oh! The car's here." DooJoon swiped his head towards a black Telsa Sedan.

Hot damn. That automobile is fabulous!  

 "Come on. Let's go on a date again." DooJoon held the car's door open for me.  

 "A what?"   

 "A date. Except this time, I'm asking, not you." He winks.