Chapter Twenty-Seven

I Want To Know You

As soon as I opened the front door of my house, a huge weight grabbed at me. I stumbled backwards, trying to keep balance.  

 "Hey! What the-"

Couldn't finish my sentence. I was squished. A familiar warmth wrapped around my body.

My arms quickly find its strength and tried its best to pushed the door shut.   

 "Why the are you here?!" An angry tone blend in with my normal voice.  

 "I just need to see you."   

 "You're crazy!" I yelled. "Yoon DooJoon...."

I wreathed my arms around his back. My face snuggled into his clothed chest. I squeezed him in my embrace. He accepted it.  

 "I know." DooJoon whispered. "I'm out of my mind, but I can't leave you alone, HyunSeung."

I slightly nodded. Finally, I completely understands why he's here, in my house, while the media is running around breathlessly covering up the truths. He's stubborn. And no one can stop him. I just realized. It's hard to be angry when I already know the outcome. 

 

 

---  

 

 

  "Here. Have some." I handed DooJoon a cup of coffee. "It's hot. Be careful."

He nodded as he took the cup out of my hand. I plopped down next to him and sipped on my glass of milk.   

 "Trying to get taller?" DooJoon asked.

I literally spitted out my milk. I turned to him, eyes glaring. He laughed. I put down my drink and gave his arm a slap. Hard.  

 "Owww! I was just kidding!" DooJoon grabbed his slapped arm "in pain".   

 "Apparently, this is not a joke to short people." I groaned. "So what if I'm trying to get a little taller..."  

 "No. You're perfect. Stay short."   

 "EXCUSE ME?!"  

 "Yes. You are totally excused."  

 "Seems like you want to take a visit to hell today."

DooJoon bursted out laughing while trying to held onto his cup. I shot daggers through my eyes. When he stopped, he took a sip of his coffee. Then, he looked at me with "sparkling" eyes.  

 "Short ones are meant for tall ones." He smiled.

Strangely. That was all it took for my childish anger to crumbled. All it took for my face to turn bright red. And all it took for my heart to pound loudly against my chest.   

 "Am right, am I?" He gently laid the cup down on the table.

I lowered my head and slightly nodded. DooJoon chuckled.  

 "So, you can stop dreaming about being tall now. First, it'll never come true." He advised. "Second, you'll won't fit perfectly in my arms."  

 "You're an idiot." I bit my lower lip and quickly disappeared into my room.

I slammed the door. My back slides down the wood texture. I held my cheeks. I'm really burning right now.   

 "Hey! What are you doing in there? Come out!" DooJoon's voice can be heard from outside.   

 "No!" I shouted.  

 "Why not?"  

 "Because I don't like you!"  

 "Lies. You know you do. Actually, you don't just like me, you love me."   

 "Shut up!"  

 "Come on. Open up!"  

 "Can I have some time alone?"  

 "Sorry. You can't."  

 "Yoon Doo- WOAH!"

My whole body was being pushed away from the door. DooJoon's head pokes in. He looked behind the door, over to my side.  

 "If only I knew it wasn't lock." He huffed and casually walks in.  

 "YAH! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!" I screamed.  

 "Your room is nice." 

I stood up and stopped him from marching towards my cabinets and closet.   

 "What in the world do you think you're doing?" I pushed DooJoon back.  

 "Checking out your room? I can't?"   

 "No. You can't. You don't have the rights to."  

 "Hmm. Let me clarify that. I, Yoon DooJoon, does have the rights to enter your, Jang HyunSeung, room."  

 "Uh. What? Sorry. I didn't quite catch that. When did you have your rights to be in my room?"  

 "Since yesterday." The celebrity smirked and pushed me aside.

I blinked a couple of times before nodding in agreement.  

 "You're blushing more and more now." DooJoon commented over his shoulder. 

I rolled my eyes and lightly slapped both of my cheeks. How the hell does this idiot has the power to make me, the cold prince, to act like this.  

 "Wow. It's plain, but it's cozy, and it smells good." DooJoon sat down on my bed. "Smells like you."   

 "Uh. Thank you?"  

 "I like it." He smiled.  

 "Like it more cause you're the first to see my room." I said.  

 "Really?" He gasped.  

 "Uh-huh." I awkwardly nodded my head.  

"This. Is. An. Honor." 

I sighed at the sight of an idiot in front of me. He noticed and flashed a sweet smile towards my direction. And I couldn't help but brightly smile back.   

 "Come over. Sit." DooJoon patted on the bed next to him. 

I headed on over and settled down. DooJoon make sure I'm comfortably sitting until he rested his head on my shoulder. I was surprised at first. But then my body was tingling at the feels. So I just played along.   

 "I'm sorry for dragging you into all this crap." DooJoon started. "It was my fault, so I want to stay by your side and assure you."

I fisted the bed sheets under me, controlling myself from breaking down in front of him. It wasn't his fault. I wanted to say that. I couldn't. If I open my mouth to speak now, I'll won't be able to contain it.  

 "I know part of you is angry at me even though you're not showing it. You're probably regretting about accepting my feelings yesterday. I'm sorry. You're right, HyunSeung-ah. You were right. We really aren't meant for each other."

My head screamed. Really loud. My ears started to pick up noisy, scary, mad sounds. I closed my eyes tightly. I think I know where this is going.

He's going to leave. He's going to leave although he's the one who made me promised to never leave him again. 

No. I don't want this.   

 "I should have listened to you. I should have. If I've listened to you, we wouldn't be wrapped up in this situation. But... HyunSeung-ah... I can't. I can't listen to you. I don't want to." DooJoon's head lifted off my shoulder. "Listening to you means running away. And I don't like running away. I want to chase."

I opened my eyes and turned my head, facing him. We stares into each other's eyes, digging deeper into each other's souls. I couldn't handle it.  

 "HyunSeung-"

My body moves on its own. Or I was in control the whole time. I grabbed DooJoon's shirt's collar and pulled him down. Our lips met. Tears silently rolled down from the corners of my eyes. We both let ourselves drown in the kiss. 

Until I was really crying my eyes out and pulled away.  

 "Please, DooJoon... I'm.. I'm.. Look.. It's not your fault.. And.... I never regretted anything.. I.. I don't want you to leave me." I looked down. "You're not, right?"  

 "I'm not. And never will." He pulled me into his arms and I gladly leaned in his touch. "I love you, HyunSeung."  

 "I-I love you, too, DooJoon." I whispered softly. "And thank you for not listening to me."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

Author's Note:

ADIOGDFIERBEPIVUASBNVPOAENRGEH;KJHF;WOIUTYPURGH; THEY FINALLY KISSED~

I am satisfy. ^__^ Can't control me feels~

Hope y'all beautiful creatures enjoyed every single bits of that. Leave comments and concerns.

Well, I'll be going now~ See y'all later~

HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEARS~